EcoBoost

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Any of you with the 2010 I think is first year to 2014 with a supercrew I have some near new Ford brand all weather floor mats. Been holding onto them but the latest truck is a super cab and came with weather techs. Let me know if you're interested

Coco

Any of you with the 2010 I think is first year to 2014 with a supercrew I have some near new Ford brand all weather floor mats. Been holding onto them but the latest truck is a super cab and came with weather techs. Let me know if you're interested
I would be actually. My truck is missing the drivers mat (PO put the passenger side on the drivers side to get by)

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I've had really good experience with Ken Garff Ford in AF. It has been a year or two and it was always diesel stuff so take that for what it's worth. Funny, I took some Ford sway bar end links to LKC. They charged me $115 to press the bushings out after he told me $20. That was also 5 or so years ago.

rholbrook

These are great trucks. I just went over 180K in mine. I do have a leaky exhaust manifold that I will have replaced and then I’m going to start thinking about a replacement. My truck needs are changing I think. I may end up with a diesel again. When the 2022 F350s come out I will see what changes are in the interior and then make a decision. I have a few friends with the new GMCs and they are awfully nice.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I've had my 2016 3.5L for just over a year now and have towed the buggy around plenty. This truck is pretty damn amazing. Plenty of power towing what I tow and it sure is fun to drive. Over two years ago I would have laughed in your face if you told me this truck could do what it can with a measly v6.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I've had my 2016 3.5L for just over a year now and have towed the buggy around plenty. This truck is pretty damn amazing. Plenty of power towing what I tow and it sure is fun to drive. Over two years ago I would have laughed in your face if you told me this truck could do what it can with a measly v6.

What do you think your weight is with the buggy and trailer combined?

I've towed almost 8k#'s (18' car hauler and heavy JKU) and the 3.5 EcoBoost does it without breaking a sweat... crazy how well these 1/2 tons tow!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
What do you think your weight is with the buggy and trailer combined?

I've towed almost 8k#'s (18' car hauler and heavy JKU) and the 3.5 EcoBoost does it without breaking a sweat... crazy how well these 1/2 tons tow!
I'm really guessing here but I would estimate 7k-ish with the hauler and buggy. The truck doesn't even know it's back there which I cannot say the same for the 5.4L triton I had before this. Night and day difference.

4x4_Welder

I just got my 2013 a little over a month ago, and hopefully I'm towards the end of the issues with it. Second day we had it one of the turbos let go, then as soon as it was back the in tank pump died, now it has a clogged cat on the same side that had the bad turbo. Other than that it's been ok. I forgot to get pics of pulling the bed to change the pump though.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
These are great trucks. I just went over 180K in mine. I do have a leaky exhaust manifold that I will have replaced and then I’m going to start thinking about a replacement. My truck needs are changing I think. I may end up with a diesel again. When the 2022 F350s come out I will see what changes are in the interior and then make a decision. I have a few friends with the new GMCs and they are awfully nice.

The 6.7 power stroke and 10 speed trans is going to be hard to beat. In my opinion any how. 😬

1993yj

There are many people out there that don't like the feel of the 10 speed, enough that dealers have a new program they can flash to help it shift smoother. I haven't have to do mine, but I know others who have. Those who have complained of harsh shifts, but that seems to get addressed with the dealer flash. The 10 speed does take some getting used to, especially since it skips gears when not in Sport mode and has a feeling of slipping compared to the previous 6 speed.

The 3.5 engine has its share of issues with the cam phasers. There is a new PCM update to try and address this through adjusting the timing. Just had the update done today, but I have also had the phasers replaced 2x and I have 35k miles on my truck.

It does tow way better than my old 2003 Hemi.

Coco

To add to this, I would also do the fuel system services on these engines (and all GDIs) especially. The amount of carbon build up these and GDI based engines get is astounding. I did it on both of my trucks (my old 5.0, and current EB) and it has been a big difference on how the truck runs, and drives, as well as seems to have improved MPG.

haulinshine

The 6.7 power stroke and 10 speed trans is going to be hard to beat. In my opinion any how. 😬
if you are pulling less 27kgcvw the diesel will likely be a huge waste of money. With the massive premium on the diesel engine ($10k) and how close the gassers are on mpgs to the diesels now it takes 160k+ miles pulling at max gcvwr just to break even on the purchase price of the powerstroke. then you have oil changes that cost 3x as much as the gas motors, DEF to fill up at every stop(when pulling heavy) and the heat management the trucks have to do while in regen they just aren't worth the money anymore IMO.

Kirk

if you are pulling less 27kgcvw the diesel will likely be a huge waste of money.

That got my attention. I have an '03 Dodge Diesel that I like, but will eventually need to be repalced. I regularly tow 11-12K flatbed with roughly 1,300 lbs tongue weight, and a 5th wheel RV that weights about 10K. It sounds like the motors can handle it? How about the rest of the trucks?

haulinshine

if you are pulling less 27kgcvw the diesel will likely be a huge waste of money.

That got my attention. I have an '03 Dodge Diesel that I like, but will eventually need to be repalced. I regularly tow 11-12K flatbed with roughly 1,300 lbs tongue weight, and a 5th wheel RV that weights about 10K. It sounds like the motors can handle it? How about the rest of the trucks?
if you are looking at 3/4 ton or bigger on the Ford the only difference is the motor. Same trans. axles. springs, brakes, and frame. I think the GM's and Dodges are the same way but I don't know them as well as I do the Fords.

Coco

I own two 3.5 EB vehicles currently ('20 expedition and '19 transit), and have owned two previously (16 f150 and 17 transit). Absolutely sold on this engine.
My next truck will be a 15+ 10 speed EB. I have loved this engine, and the F150 with the supercrew is amazing for room. I think the only thing I would like more of is the gearing options.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
My next truck will be a 15+ 10 speed EB. I have loved this engine, and the F150 with the supercrew is amazing for room. I think the only thing I would like more of is the gearing options.
I honestly didn't have any complaints about the 6 speed in my 16 F150. Drove that thing to Canada and back with zero driver fatigue on 34's and a level kit.