Report Expedition Overland

DAA

I could have broke down and been screwed....
I actually been wanting to run a trail I had in mind but couldn't find anyone to go with, so....

've been broke down out in the middle of nowhere by myself. Been hopelessly stuck in the mud out in the middle of nowhere by myself. Etc. That kind of stuff is going to happen once in awhile. Just try and minimize the possibility, but don't let it keep you from living. When it does happen, assess the situation and do whatever needs to be done to survive and escape. For me, it has usually just meant a really long walk and spending a few nights in unplanned places. It HAS sucked, a lot, but it's just a crap sandwich you have to eat one bite at a time.

You ought to just go hit that trail that is tempting you.

Since I made my earlier post in this thread I've travelled more than 500 miles of dirt in some of the most remote country it's possible to drive to in the contiguous 48. With no support. Loved every second of it!

- DAA

MOODY

Bald Guy
You should also consider registering with the Utah Bureau of Badassedness Department (UBAD); I happen to still be the acting Director. Unfortunately, the Fed has our offices Barry-caided due to closure at this time.

Also, you should familiarize yourself with the expo point system outlined in the field manual which is in constant revision. Stephen can point you towards the latest edition which I believe is only available as a handsome hand-bound leather and titanium tome.

A quick tip:

Keep your expo close to your heart lest you draw the ire if the rock-crawly 99% ers.

Good luck out there and remember:

Patriot before expo.

JCo is so expo it says so on his business cards.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I have a question...
In watching a few of the Ex. Overland shows, they are awful quick to get out the maxtrax and dig themselves out of a situation. It seems to me that in most of the situations, the other vehicle has easy access to give the stuck vehicle a pull with a strap. This would seem to me to be a much faster, more effective way to get unstuck. Are they trying to get enough product placement? Are they going for a more dramatic film? Are they wanted to always try self recovery instead of getting help?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I have a question...
In watching a few of the Ex. Overland shows, they are awful quick to get out the maxtrax and dig themselves out of a situation. It seems to me that in most of the situations, the other vehicle has easy access to give the stuck vehicle a pull with a strap. This would seem to me to be a much faster, more effective way to get unstuck. Are they trying to get enough product placement? Are they going for a more dramatic film? Are they wanted to always try self recovery instead of getting help?

The Maxtrax imo is quicker and safer... easier on equipment. It takes under a minute to pull the Maxtracx off of a common mount setup, I think it's a bit more to rig a strap and tug?

On that note, anyone following the new season?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Teaser real for the upcoming season :cool:

[video=youtube;asfikaOwX9k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asfikaOwX9k[/video]

Can't wait to see the new episodes!