Report Expedition Overland

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I'm only to episode 6 but this season is far better in my opinion than the last. Much more inspiring and entertaining. Those T5 guys are the shit plain and simple!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
But they would have to do it in Land Rovers. If they want to make it. HA Ha

http://www.range-rover-classic.com/Home/range-rover-darien-gap

You need to read the book "100 Days in the Darien" by Lord Blashford Snell... He has nothing good to say about the Rovers they used, they had daily parts runs, spare rigs, and threaten to buy a Land Cruiser so that Land Rover corporate would send factory mechanics and spare parts in bulk to keep them running. They pretty much walked the Darien ;)

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
See, that's what I don't even care about. I still like my Land Rover's, I don't care if they have a few issues, it's not like Toyota's are perfect. Land Rovers are just more fun to drive. I like maintaining mine, it doesn't bother me. I know how to keep it going, they are stupid simple to work on. Every issue they have has been documented and its easy to fix. I'm just not a Toyota fan, I've had 3 or 4 yotas, they bore me to tears. And the traction control on Toyota's is a piss poor attempt to copy what Land Rover has been doing and perfecting since 1991. Everyone Copies Land Rover. IE - first coil sprung SUV, first with Air Suspension, First with Traction Control, First with a Luxury SUV 1970's, First with ABS, First with IFS and IRS. The list goes on and on. Jeep copied, Toyota copied and everyone else.

But I can appreciate both brands. Toyota's blow just as many headgaskets as Land Rovers. I just don't like driving Toyota's or Japanese vehicles in general. I can drive around in a cheap, unappreciated, leather appointed Rover that is comfortable. Then I can take all that money I didn't use to take out a $20K loan on a Land Cruiser and put it into Modifications for wheeling.

Everyone likes to hop on the bandwagon and try to bash Land Rover, when they are using all the technology that Land Rover developed.

Cool video's. But I won't be going to south of the Boarder anytime soon. I hate humidity.

LT.

I am really bummed the season is over as well. If it was me I wouldn't go into the gap. Adventure is great but, when you start going beyond the normal risks of adventure and go into those kinds of risks then the adventure can take a very wrong turn. Adventuring should come with rewards and I am not saying the gap wouldn't have its own rewards but, how would anyone feel if someone in the group suffered a serious injury, kidnapping, death, hostage, etc. etc. etc? There are so many other options I would consider first before I attempted the gap. Options that offer just as much reward with out those kinds of risks.

Perhaps I have spent too many years in counter terrorism. I don't know.

The cool thing about these videos is that it often inspires me to go out and see what our own country has to offer. There are so many places here in the US that I haven't yet seen. I think that is the point of these videos. Get people out and get them to explore in their own way.

Congrats to Kurt and the gang for an epic adventure and video series. Thank you for sharing.

LT.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
These videos have me saving my pennies one for more adventures, and two a freakin drone. Some of those aerial shots were just amazing.

sixstringsteve

i'm so scared of drones. If I buy one, it won't be long before I've spent my entire life savings on the latest drone. The technology on those things is amazing.