Episode 1:
[video=youtube_share;qvLW7peKges]http://youtu.be/qvLW7peKges[/video]

Episode 2:
[video=youtube_share;8wOmZ_AcUOQ]http://youtu.be/8wOmZ_AcUOQ[/video]

Episode 3:
[video=youtube_share;TO5hQ6ShDYI]http://youtu.be/TO5hQ6ShDYI[/video]

Last edited:

Thursty

Boy, you guys worked your butts off! Clay is right, it is something when the team turns into a machine. Nice work!
It's great that you were able to see the Mackenzie rock at the end.

sixstringsteve

Watched em all. Great production. I'm not going to lie, that didn't look like fun, and I'm so glad you captured it like it happened instead of pretending it was something it wasnt.

Did you guys see any grizzlys?

sixstringsteve

was the video production crew smaller compared to last year? I'd love to pick these guys brains on their gear they used to shoot it, store it, back it up, etc. I think I saw a few Canon C300s. I'm curious how they backed up their footage, etc.

Last edited:

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Should we share our favorite Kurt quotes here or are they worth a new thread. Lol.

Just finished the second and I've enjoyed them a bunch. It really makes me want to go cross some rivers.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Boy, you guys worked your butts off! Clay is right, it is something when the team turns into a machine. Nice work!
It's great that you were able to see the Mackenzie rock at the end.

The "peopicular" requirements of a team or event are often far more important than the vehicular requirements. Clay in my opinion has assembled a great team!

- - - Updated - - -

Watched em all. Great production. I'm not going to lie, that didn't look like fun, and I'm so glad you captured it like it happened instead of pretending it was something it wasnt.

Did you guys see any grizzlys?

Nope, tons of signs of them everywhere but no sightings.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
was the video production crew smaller compared to last year? I'd love to pick these guys brains on their gear they used to shoot it, store it, back it up, etc. I think I saw a few Canon C300s. I'm curious how they backed up their footage, etc.

Same exact size, 3 man crew and they alternate duties. C300's, Sony FS800? And a fleet of GoPro's and Canon DSLR's (5D variant). They have an awesome storage system (Mac based) that is hard mounted and backs up to drives stored in each vehicle for redundancy. In CenAm they sent copies home along the way and redundant final copies along the way.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Kurt, after messing with all of those fuel cans, which can would you recommend?

I've got an old style Jerry can that is untested and maybe not reliable. I've been considering acquiring a Spectre type MFC for my upcoming HITR trip.