Experience with any of the pocket 9mm guns?

Here's what I typically use:

Both 9MM Shields. One is the "compliant" version that has the thumb and mag drop safety. Then the loaded chamber indicator. Got it first because it was the only version I could find. Also being that it was not in fact purchased in Ca I got a damn good deal on it.

The other is my just bought '14 zero safety version. Been waiting for it to come out for a while so saw one at a shop so snagged it up.

As for holsters. If you want an IWB and don't mind paying a premium for (what I believe is) the best on the market then go with a Stealth Gear USA Onyx. Comfortable as hell and made locally in American Fork.

Last edited:

Caleb

In addition to this little 22mag I just bought, I also have a 9mm shield that I carry (along with a SGUSA holster already).

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
Well, your post struck a chord and have remained on my mind since this thread. Today I stopped by the gun shop and went home with one of these bad boys:). I got the model that came with both the 22 mag cylinder and the 22 lr cylinder. Cool little gun that is extremely simple to conceal.

Can I ask what store, and what cost?
I am finding about $260 for both cylinders, $230 for 22mag.
The 22lr is slightly smaller.. but does that really matter??

Caleb

Get Some, $280ish (I don't remember exactly, I think it was like $279). I found it cheaper other places but Get Some is right on my way to/from work so the $20 wasn't worth diverting me. They also threw in a shirt and a free month of range time so I was quite pleased with buying it there.

I don't think the cylinder size difference is worth anything, the biggest problem with this gun (after having carried this every day since buying it) is the hammer is shaped in a way that if you were to try and draw it quickly, it snags quite easily. The only thing that could be better with this gun (given worth it is) is if it could be hammerless. I do like having this gun though and would buy it again. The only reason I wanted the dual cylinder is shooting 22lr is much cheaper and my wife will shoot 22lr.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
Iv'e also considered the non folding handle, as I like the look better.. But it seems like that would be awful hard to hang onto to shoot.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Iv'e also considered the non folding handle, as I like the look better.. But it seems like that would be awful hard to hang onto to shoot.
A few years back I toured the factory down in Provo, got to shoot all the guns after. The larger handle is definitely worth it for accuracy/comfort.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
I bought a NAA revolver, and had to order it in. Then I found a GREAT deal on another.. so I guess I have 2 now. Still waiting on the ordered one.
IMG_2418.JPG

Caleb

Nice, I finally got out to shoot mine and have one complaint. When you would pull the hammer back, the cylinder rotates too far, so you have to manually roll it back to the stop. I need to reach out to NAA and see what they say.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
Nice, I finally got out to shoot mine and have one complaint. When you would pull the hammer back, the cylinder rotates too far, so you have to manually roll it back to the stop. I need to reach out to NAA and see what they say.

My friends did this at first, sent it to NAA and they resolved it for him.