Experience with Lasik?

camicaztoy

I had mine done about 8 or 9 years ago. Best money I have ever spent. Dr Sykes at my ogden eye center did it. He and his staff were amazing, I would highly recommend them.

dbach

lasik

:cool:I had lasik life changing surgery research your surgeon make sure they have the latest technology it is a quick procedure and basically painless with great results if done by a good surgeon I now work for a lasik group so I have lots of faith in the procedure and outcomes don't put it off, do it this does not mean you wont ever wear glasses once you hit 40 everyone needs glasses for close up reading vision good luck

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
After talking to my wife about this some more last night I think I'm going to try and get a few more consults done. I'm not second guessing hoopes but feel like it might be worth getting a second or third opinion on the procedure.

dbach- any idea on how far out you guys are on consult apts?

I'm looking to have this done in early January when my flex spending account resets.

OB1

Had mine done at age 40 and am 55 now. Have never regretted it. I do need readers now a days but that was expected.

dbach

you could be a candidate for refractive lens exchange you should come in for a full medical exam to see if you have cataracts or what your options are when was last time you had a complete eye exam

R

rockdog

you could be a candidate for refractive lens exchange you should come in for a full medical exam to see if you have cataracts or what your options are when was last time you had a complete eye exam

Last year on the exam. Don't have cataracts. That sounds kinda scary, I think I'll just continue to rock the coke bottles.:)

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I just setup an apt with Moran for the 23rd and left a message for dbach's wife. Now I'm getting antsy about having this done, I don't want to wait.

Caleb

My wife is still super happy with hers. It was several years ago she had it done. At the time, we shopped around and were most happy with Hoopes.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
For the guys that went to every doctor in the valley, (Cody) were the consults free? Did you pay for your appointments? I'm not worried about paying but just wasn't sure how that worked and would like to know before hand. (My Hoopes consult didn't have an upfront charge.)
Nope, the consults were free. The place that did mine has since closed down, but I believe they still have other facilities around the nation that will honor the "warranty" I had.

Now that I'm like 8 years out, I don't know who's still around; I'm sure there are new surgeons and such out there. But, go to some consultations, do some research, and pick the place that feels the best for you. I'm sure Hoopes does a great job, but I just felt like I was being herded through there like cattle.

Cody

dbach

nate this is dbachs wife we will set you up come see us we have the most contemporary laser out and super surgeons and staff if you need not grt call back today call me direct 801-263-5757we will I promise get you in for exam to assure u r a candidate and will discount your pricing since you are now my friend! call tmr

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I did get a call back this afternoon and set up an appointment for Wednesday. Thanks for taking care of me.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Met dbachs wife Karen today at my consult. She was very nice and it was a great apt. The doctor spent a lot of time with me explaining things in great deal. He said I was a candidate for both PRK and LASIK but would recommend PRK. I got a lot of great info and felt really good about how things went. I've got an appointment at Moran on the 23rd and won't be making my decision until then but am feeling a lot more relaxed about all of this after today.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
I had it done a year and a half ago. Just finally getting over the blephharitis I had after. I regret it. My vision was better with glasses and could easily be fine tuned to be perfect vision with glasses. Now I am stuck with the vision I have unless I want to get glasses to fine tune it which makes the surgery pointless and a waste of money. I can't get it touched up to fix it either.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
That interesting to read. Brace yourself for the barrage of questions.

Was the blepharitis cause by the vision correction surgery? Did you have PRK or LASIK? Are you not seeing 20/20 now? What part of your vision is suffering?