Flavor of the Week

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
What about a 2nd gen Taco Double cab with a 4.0? I haven't pulled my trailer with mine yet, but I have pulled it with 84 4runners FJ. 6x10 enclosed rides a foot and a half above roof line of the FJ, two dirt bikes, tools, gas lots of water, lots and lots of gear, 100lb dog, her gear.

still gets' 14-16 mpg towing that back and forth from cherry creek and only really struggles on the steep hills, still holds speed limit going up parley's. I'm getting around 20 in my Taco right now, i've only put a tank and a half on it but I think thats pretty decent.

Cascadia

Undecided
I'm considering a 2nd gen. Only issue is I would need/want a long bed for work stuff (hauling lumber and materials) and the long beds are more $ and they're never for sale.

Cascadia

Undecided
Well I didn't go with a 4 runner, but I did go with a 4 door. A 2008 Subaru Impreza STI hatchback. I'm pretty excited. Pics to come. Guess I'll pull my trailer with my wife's Touareg for now.

Cascadia

Undecided
Y a I'm pretty excited, for now. Hopefully it lasts longer than the last 6 combined. Not quite sure how the hitch would work out. I'd probably have to turn my 10 inch drop hitch upside down to get it to work. :D

STAG

On my grind
I think I kinda sorta saw it, my sister lives 2 blocks from you and to get from her house i have to go through that scary intersection by your house, is it dark colored?

Cascadia

Undecided
Yep it's black. I wasn't aware there was a scary intersection by my house though. Where and why's it scary?.....knowing the light won't turn green for 6 minutes for you?:eek:

STAG

On my grind
Nope the one to the south of you, every time I drive through it I feel people will expected its a 4 way stop and will pull out in front if me ha

Cascadia

Undecided
Oh, yep. That's the one I thought you were talking about. Been cut off there multiple times. Now with the STI, I should be able to get out of the way quick. Ha.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Oh, yep. That's the one I thought you were talking about. Been cut off there multiple times. Now with the STI, I should be able to get out of the way quick. Ha.

:cool: Mods? Pics? Our STi has by far been the most fun (street legal) vehicle that I have ever driven.

Last edited:

Cascadia

Undecided
It is 100% stock at the moment. Which is nice knowing it hasn't been abused and raced. You could tell that the guy I got it from drove it very modestly and he was very OCD. I'll try and get some pics up after church. What mods do you have Ben? What would you do first?

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
It is 100% stock at the moment. Which is nice knowing it hasn't been abused and raced. You could tell that the guy I got it from drove it very modestly and he was very OCD. I'll try and get some pics up after church. What mods do you have Ben? What would you do first?

Just tint and winter wheels/tires :D It will stay stock for quite awhile... I wanted to run it out at MMP for wintercross to have that experience, but after finding out my insurance wouldn't cover an accident out there, I decided to wait until the next Wide Open Wednesday to get it on the track. Less pressure, not timed... Sounds like a better way to get my feet wet with it. Next event is April 11 from 5pm-8pm. If your interested (and still have it :p), let me know and we can run out there together.

http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/get-on-track/wide-open-wednesday.html

Cascadia

Undecided
Count me in. The more I use it the more I'm inclined to keep it. I plan on just tinting mine for now too. Right after I pass safety tomorrow. And it came with a set of winter tires that he bought this winter and never used, due to no snow. What's your mpg around town and freeway?

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Commuting into Orem from Saratoga I get 23mpg consistently. Even with regular "spirited" driving

Cascadia

Undecided
Yes I'll be using them. We've got 2 Thule bike mounts and the snowboard setup. We used to go biking and boarding a few times a week. It'll be interesting to see what happens now since we have the little guy.