Friend's new 4-Seater Buggy

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Looks like it all came together, how did it do?

For it's first run, pretty good! Still having some engine issues, mostly fuel management. We think it's an incompatible fuel pump.

The suspension is limber. Could probably use a sway bar or some strategic limit straps. Winch needs to be put in the front and ran down to the axle to help keep it unloading on climbs, but that is planned. He's just waiting on the rope.

Just needs some bump stops put in and that about sums it up. :cool:

100_3991.JPG

100_3994.JPG

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Thanks guys. We both have put a lot of time into, but he has really slaved over it a lot by himself for the last few months just to get it going this year.

Cool! What's the wheelbase?

It's actually not much more than mine. I would dare say 106", maybe 108". Pretty short for a 4 seater.

The back seat won't fit a very tall person. It's mostly for his kids, or 1 adult to go with.

zukinrail

4x4junkies.com
I saw the buggy a couple weeks ago in Tanner's garage. Sweet buggy! Nice work! Last I heard it was still having a little motor trouble. Did that ever get worked out?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I saw the buggy a couple weeks ago in Tanner's garage. Sweet buggy! Nice work! Last I heard it was still having a little motor trouble. Did that ever get worked out?

He's in contact with a couple different 5.0 guys, hopefully it will be solved this week. :D

I believe it's first Moab trip is going to be Memorial weekend. :cool:

zukinrail

4x4junkies.com
He's in contact with a couple different 5.0 guys, hopefully it will be solved this week. :D

I believe it's first Moab trip is going to be Memorial weekend. :cool:

Hopefully it'll get figured out. It's probably something small and stupid that got overlooked. Atleast that is usually the problem for me. :D I'm guessing he'll take Shawndra and the kids to Moab with him and test out that back seat. :) Would love to see how the buggy does sometime.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Hopefully it'll get figured out. It's probably something small and stupid that got overlooked. Atleast that is usually the problem for me. :D I'm guessing he'll take Shawndra and the kids to Moab with him and test out that back seat. :) Would love to see how the buggy does sometime.

From the first run, it did very well. Just a few quirks here and there, as with anything built ground up. I'm excited to see how it does in Moab... He's still familiar with what the pathfinder was capable of, so it will take him a while to realize what the buggy can do. Mine still surprises me often.

You should join up with us over Memorial.

--nevermind--

:rofl:

zukinrail

4x4junkies.com
You should join up with us over Memorial.

Actually I would love that. I need to get my sami out. I haven't had it down in Moab for 2 years. It needs some different tires on it. Been trying to find some that I can afford for 2 years now. :( I don't think I could keep up with you guys in your buggys in my 80 series cruiser.