Funny, personal story...

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Share a funny personal story about you... obviously not TOO personal. 😆 I'll start.....

My parents moved our young family to Pablo, Montana around 1983. We lived in a trailer park on the Flathead Indian Reservation. I attended Pablo Elementary school, which wasn't really too strange for me. We moved from Hawaii, where I was born and I was accustomed to being one of the few Caucasian kids in the school.

After a couple years in Montana, we moved to Orem, Utah. While in Jr High, I was pulled out of class randomly... by a Navajo woman, who was apparently some kind of school counselor.

I had no idea what was going on... I was a VERY white kid with Red hair, glasses, etc. While walking to the office and following her (I thought I was in trouble), she kept looking back at me.... over and over, obviously staring.

She finally asked me, 'Do you have any Native American family members"??

I was totally confused, answered "Nope!" and she said I could go back to my classroom.

It took me a couple years to realize my school records must have shown that I attended a school on the Reservation and that indicated that I was Native American and she was the counselor who worked with Native kids. 😆

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
For some reason, I was in honors classes through most of Jr. High. I was not an honors student.
In 9th grade particular, the English teacher called me back to her desk often. The two phrases I remember her saying to me are
"do you even try?" and "someone smart could have been sitting in your desk"

One particular day we were having a test on Romeo and Juliet. It was like a 20 question test. For question 20 teacher said "who wrote Romeo and Juliet?" I kid you not, I went full brain fart. I looked at the wall full of poets and writers and worked my way through them all as quickly as possible. There it was, Charles Dickens!

I passed my paper one to the front to be graded as a class.
I knew I had screwed up even before receiving the test from the kid behind me.
As we got to question 20 on the grading, I tried to shush the kid in front of me... but he yelled "Charles Dickens?!?!"

It got me pretty much laughed out of class.

But the cherry on top was when I was finishing summer school my senior year so I could get my diploma. I had to make up a couple English classes (go figure) and the summer teacher was the same 9th grade teacher. I don't think she recognized me, hopefully. But during the Romeo and Juliet section, she took the chance to tell the class about the dumbest student she ever had that thought Charles Dickens wrote Romeo and Juliet.

Clearly I know that that is was actually Emily Dickinson who wrote R&J.

Last edited:

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Back in ‘89 (or maybe ‘90🤷‍♂️) I was out mowing my parent’s lawn. A hot air balloon intending to land at the school nearby, came up short and crashed in the neighbors front yard. When I got there people were still bailing out of the basket that was on its side, including this foul mouthed red headed girl. 😉

IMG_6519.jpeg

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I suppose this is a safe enough space where it would be friends making fun of me.

There is a neighborhood in Hurricane that they shut down for Halloween and most houses go all out with decorations and people flood to this street to trick and treat and people do the monster mash dance and thriller dance ect. It is what I would call your Movie trick or treat street.

I believe it was our first year going there and we had our 3 kids that we were taking. About half way through my bowels makes me aware it is upset. The more we walk the more upset it gets. We had to park a decent distance away because of how popular the area is. We finish and start walking back to the car. I quick realize that I am not going to make it. I make a be line for a nearby field with a ditch only to be met with a fence but alas it was too late. My bowles evacuated themselves into my pants and down my leg.

Fortunately, I was on the otherside of a row of vehicles that hid it from public view, but one passer by made a comment on how it smeeled like s@#$. I sent my wife ahead to grab the car and bring it to me. Fortunately we had a towel or something in the car. She took me home and continued on with the kids while I managed the clean up.

I wish this was my only poop story but it is not, but it is the worse one that I have personally experienced.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
When my brothers and I were younglings Mom would send us to Grandmas to help weed her huge yard. One day I wasn't as careful as I should have been and chopped off one of Grandma's nice flowers. She came out and saw what I had done and she put her hands on her hips and said "why don't you try using that bump between your shoulders". I was perplexed and kept looking from shoulder to shoulder and said Grandma there's no bump between my shoulders. She started laughing and went back inside proving stupidity can save the day sometimes.

Pike2350

When I was in 6th grade, a kid brought in some handcuffs....not sure why. After lunch, a bunch of us boys were messing around and eventually handcuffed a friend to the urinal during recess. We all paniced when the bell rang and just left him there. In class the teacher started asking where Nathan was.

We eventually led her to him and by then he had tightened the cuffs around d his wrist enough to scratch and bruise it some. Somehow I was outed as the ring leader, even though I don't recall being it (but don't recall not either at this point).

The teacher had the whole class wrangle me next to the 4 drawer filing cabinets that lined one wall and she proceeded to handcuff me to the too drawer handle (arm above my head). They brought my desk over and she left me there the rest of the day.

When I went home and told my parents they said "Good....sounds like you deserved it". I've shared this with a few people and can only imagine the outrage and firing and canceling that would happen to the teacher today. Mrs Z (Tzuzekils I think is how you spell it) is my favorite teacher of all time too.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
When I was 12 we were up fishing at strawberry and I caught a nice fish. When I was cleaning it I tossed the guts out in the lake without looking. I heard my older brother who was sunbathing in his kayak start using my name in vain and coming faster than I have ever seen a kayak move. He was going to pound me into the mud since the gut pile hit him right in the face. Luckily for me I made it to the trailer and locked myself in before he caught me. To this day he still doesn't believe me that it was an accident. I could have never hit him if I was really trying.

Agility Customs

Vendor
I suppose this is a safe enough space where it would be friends making fun of me.

There is a neighborhood in Hurricane that they shut down for Halloween and most houses go all out with decorations and people flood to this street to trick and treat and people do the monster mash dance and thriller dance ect. It is what I would call your Movie trick or treat street.

I believe it was our first year going there and we had our 3 kids that we were taking. About half way through my bowels makes me aware it is upset. The more we walk the more upset it gets. We had to park a decent distance away because of how popular the area is. We finish and start walking back to the car. I quick realize that I am not going to make it. I make a be line for a nearby field with a ditch only to be met with a fence but alas it was too late. My bowles evacuated themselves into my pants and down my leg.

Fortunately, I was on the otherside of a row of vehicles that hid it from public view, but one passer by made a comment on how it smeeled like s@#$. I sent my wife ahead to grab the car and bring it to me. Fortunately we had a towel or something in the car. She took me home and continued on with the kids while I managed the clean up.

I wish this was my only poop story but it is not, but it is the worse one that I have personally experienced.

I have some hilarious pooping myself stories when I have a minute I’ll post one. 😂

The_Lobbster

In 7th grade we were studying Greek mythology, and the teacher (female) drew the owl of Athena on the whiteboard,

I piped up, “that’s a nice set of hooters you got there!”, and was immediately thrown out of class. I was just quoting Dumb and Dumbr and trying to be funny.

It’s still one of my proudest moments of my entire school career.

Houndoc

I will keep with the high school English class theme.

Took AP English, mostly with the goal of avoiding college English classes. Survived via Cliff Notes and don't think I actually read a full book the entire year.

Next year my sister is takes the course from the same teacher, who comments to her (in front of the entire class of course) something a long the lines of 'you are Drew's sister? I couldn't believe he passed the AP test- didn't think he stood a chance'.

I think she (sister) was kind of embarrassed by me through most of high school and I actually think it is pretty funny I got one last shot after I had graduated.

notajeep

Just me
From as young as I can remember, my father always told me if I didn't pay attention in school and be a good kid in general, I'd end up working at Millers my whole life. Millers being the slaughter house/beef processing and packing facility here in Cache Valley. On the SOUTH end of Cache Valley... That'll be important later.
A few years later, although still a young kid, I overheard my father use the term "SOL" in the context of something bad. I later asked my father what that meant. With no hesitation at all told me "South of Logan". Me being an unusually bright kid, easily put 2 and 2 together. Millers was South of logan, if life went off the rails, you'd end up working at Millers. This made 100% sense to me.

Over the years I heard others use SOL, and it wasn't until I was on my mission in France, and someone I knew was not from Cache Valley, used SOL. So, I asked him, "How do you know about Millers?"

Now I don't know if I can ever trust my father again...

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I will keep with the high school English class theme.

Took AP English, mostly with the goal of avoiding college English classes. Survived via Cliff Notes and don't think I actually read a full book the entire year.

Next year my sister is takes the course from the same teacher, who comments to her (in front of the entire class of course) something a long the lines of 'you are Drew's sister? I couldn't believe he passed the AP test- didn't think he stood a chance'.

I think she (sister) was kind of embarrassed by me through most of high school and I actually think it is pretty funny I got one last shot after I had graduated.
My sister is younger than me by a couple of years, and loves to tell the story of her first day her freshman year in high school, sitting down in Algebra class and Mr. Keenan is taking role and apparently it went something like he's droning down the list not even looking up and it's "Albert? Check. Allen? Check. Biddle? Che...." and he looks up and finds her and pins her to her chair with that Teacher Look and says again "... Biddle?" And she's got the whole class looking at her while she's trying to dig a hole to China to hide in and just gives the tiniest of nods, and he says "Oh, I'm watching you. I'm watching you."

Then she proceeded to spend a couple years making his life WAY harder than I ever did :rofl:. Keenan was fun. I wish I'd gone to his class more but hackeysack and dodging the truant squad seemed much more importanter at the time.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I wish I'd gone to his class more but hackeysack and dodging the truant squad seemed much more importanter at the time.

I almost didn't graduate high school. Really, it's true! And it was all because I never went to one specific class for the majority of the second semester of my senior year. And since it was required to graduate, I was in big trouble! What class was it, might you ask? English? Math? Science?!?! Nope, f*cking Gym class. I hated gym class which is why I had avoided taking it until the end of my senior year. So, I just cut class every day and went to the Multimedia-lab to work on my project there (the award winning Interactive Guide to Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Yes, it won first place in the Utah Multimedia Arts Festival. :cody:)
So one day at the END of the class period some kid shows up in Multimedia and says that Miss. Lesbian Gym Teacher needed to see me. So I begrudgingly headed to her office where she said, "You have missed X amount of class. If you are absent ONE MORE TIME, I'm going to fail you. And if you fail gym, you won't graduate." So there I was, stuck in gym all the way to graduation day. Every other senior was out ditching class the final few weeks and there I was running laps and playing softball with the dumb juniors. Man, it sucked.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
One day my older brother and his buddies (probably 15-16 years old) were running around the outside of our house chasing my younger brother with water guys. I had the bright idea to fill up my mom’s largest pot with water and sneak out on our second story porch and wait for them to come around again. They did and as they got below me I dumped the pot of water on the. I nailed two of them perfectly. They screamed and instantly forgot about my younger brother and came after me. As they ran up the steps of the porch I ran into the house and headed straight for the hallway bathroom. The only safe room in the house with a locking door. I stood in there safe while they pounded on the door yelling at me to come out and saying I couldn’t stay in there forever. Then it got quiet. I thought about leaving. Then I heard scratching at the door knob. They were using the old coat hanger trick to pick the lock. I panicked. Just as they were getting the door opened I quickly dropped my drawers to my ankles and sat down on the toilet. They all burst through the door and time stood still while they realized what they thought I was doing. They ran out screaming. I was safe!
To this day my brother still “remembers” how bad that bathroom stunk.

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
When I was about 15 I was in the basement watching tv and I heard yelling upstairs. I had 6 siblings/stepsiblings all within a few years of each other so yelling in the house was nothing new. I thought nothing of it. My older step brother(16), who is an idiot (That's important and will come up later), is sitting in the room tinkering with a new airsoft gun he just bought from somebody (Also important). He looks to me and says "I think the police are here."
I'm like "Whatever dude" and proceed watching tv unbothered. More yelling occurs upstairs and my brother again says "No I really think the police are here and gets up to walk upstairs. I hear more yelling and, grumbling about finally getting comfortable, get up to go see what kind of BS my brother is making up.
I reach the bottom of the stairs which look directly to the entry way of the house and look up only to see UPD officers in full kit aiming right at me screaming "Put your hands up and get up here!"
Following direction from the gun wielding man in my house, I then scan my memory trying to figure out what the hell I could have done only to come to the conclusion that it must've been one of my stupid brothers because I was a perfectly obedient child.
I get outside shirtless and only in pajama pants basically and see my younger brother (13) in the driveway sitting down handcuffed, My step dad with his hands on his head getting talked to by an officer, my 3 sisters (9/10/11) speaking to an officer sitting on the porch steps. My older brother and I are pushed up against the wall and pat searched by 3 officers. Police cruisers are everywhere all in all probably 15 or so officers. All the neighbors are peaking out their windows at us.
After they finish searching my brother and I, I ask "What's this all about" and an officer responds that someone called in the license plate, my stepdads car, about someone on 12600 S waving around an "Assault Rifle" while driving..... Remembering back to Idiot Brother and Idiot brothers recent purchase..... I tell the officer about the airsoft gun, they ask for permission to go grab it. Come back out and give my brother a big lecture about how dangerous it is to wave that around comparing it to the rifle that the officer himself was carrying. Hands it back to him, and they all pack up and leave.
Neighbors come over and we're all laughing about it until not 1 minute after the police leave, my mothers car comes flying down the street and into the driveway freaking out because she has been getting call after call from people telling her that her husband and sons were all getting arrested... She was not amused and I think we were more in danger from her than any of those officers...

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I almost didn't graduate high school. Really, it's true! And it was all because I never went to one specific class for the majority of the second semester of my senior year. And since it was required to graduate, I was in big trouble! What class was it, might you ask? English? Math? Science?!?! Nope, f*cking Gym class. I hated gym class which is why I had avoided taking it until the end of my senior year. So, I just cut class every day and went to the Multimedia-lab to work on my project there (the award winning Interactive Guide to Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Yes, it won first place in the Utah Multimedia Arts Festival. :cody:)
So one day at the END of the class period some kid shows up in Multimedia and says that Miss. Lesbian Gym Teacher needed to see me. So I begrudgingly headed to her office where she said, "You have missed X amount of class. If you are absent ONE MORE TIME, I'm going to fail you. And if you fail gym, you won't graduate." So there I was, stuck in gym all the way to graduation day. Every other senior was out ditching class the final few weeks and there I was running laps and playing softball with the dumb juniors. Man, it sucked.

I had to do summer school to make up 4 credits of gym class, and 2 of English. I had Auto shop/small engines the first 3 classes each day, with English and gym being the 4th class for each day. Needless to say, I didn't see much of English or gym my senior year.

To make up the gym classes, I went to a bowling alley, grabbed a handful of receipts from the trash, and turned them all in as my receipts.. and that's how I passed gym class, and graduated high school.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I almost didn't graduate high school. Really, it's true! And it was all because I never went to one specific class for the majority of the second semester of my senior year.
I didn't go to most of my classes my sophomore and junior years. Got suspended a couple times for it, then got expelled. My awesome counselor went to bat and got me enrolled in the Adult High School program at the community college on the school district's dime and for some reason that just clicked and I ended up graduating on time.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I didn't go to most of my classes my sophomore and junior years. Got suspended a couple times for it, then got expelled. My awesome counselor went to bat and got me enrolled in the Adult High School program at the community college on the school district's dime and for some reason that just clicked and I ended up graduating on time.
How you ended up a Moderator on a prestigious website like RME is a damn miracle.