Halloween

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
They all came to my neighborhood. 😒 I turned the lights off at 820. I'm the Grinch when it comes to Halloween, I don't think kids over about 14 should be out asking for candy. We also don't live in the country so I don't think you should drive to another neighborhood (mine) to do it. It pisses me off even more when mom or dad follows their kid in the car. At least walk with them.

I did give one group of teens grief for walking through my flower bed between us and the neighbor. I wanted to tell most everyone else to get off my lawn but held it together and refrained.

I better go to bed before I get myself even more riled up.
One of the first kids I saw got yelled at by their own Dad for walking on a lawn. Gave that Dad a thumbs up and tipped my axe to him. 😎

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
One of the first kids I saw got yelled at by their own Dad for walking on a lawn. Gave that Dad a thumbs up and tipped my axe to him. 😎
1698815905363.png
Haaaaeèy.....good work with the kid there (hiccup) maaaang. Mooooor, (hiccup) moooorrree peopllllescould, er should, I loooove you man!, should tell their kids TO RESPECT lawns!!!! Right?!??!!??!
I've got another BeWilder if'n you need a little for your walk

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
We also don't live in the country so I don't think you should drive to another neighborhood (mine) to do it.
It's ok, we got permission, a candy visa, and passport for that neighborhood HOA. The visa was only valid for one night. I was happy to leave, too many rules over there. :flippy-fingers: X-D

My kids know not to walk on the lawns. I trained them young, they always goes up the driveways and walk paths. I figure it's the least I could do to teach them that, kind of like returning a shopping cart at the grocery store. You don't HAVE to, but it's the right thing to do. :handlebars:

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I take it as a compliment when kids come from other neighborhoods. I used to be that kid, going to the nicer neighborhood and now I’m in it. As long as those peasants don’t smash our pumpkins they’re welcome to come by.

Agility Customs

Vendor
My neighborhood was packed from about 5-9pm with trick or treaters. we left for about 2 hours in the middle to take our own kids out trick or treating but we just left a cauldron of candy on the porch and when we got back by no surprise it was empty. We definately noticed a ton of parents and kids that arent from our neighborhood. Most people in our neighborhood are giving out full sized candy bars and other "good stuff" In fact one house down the street from me was handing out adult beverages to the parents. Once the word spreads tons of people are going to come and honestly it doesnt bother me a bit.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Our house is in an odd spot in the neighborhood so we don't get that many kids (treats/walking ratio is too low).
Because of that and the fact that the dogs go absolutely apesh#t when the doorbell rings, we turned off the lights and spent the evening in the basement to appear to be gone.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
They all came to my neighborhood. 😒 I turned the lights off at 820. I'm the Grinch when it comes to Halloween, I don't think kids over about 14 should be out asking for candy.
I think kids over 40 should be dressing up and out asking for candy. I'll give it to 'em too, it's all good.

With you on the drivers, though, that's just lame. Park your car and burn some shoe leather you lazy bastards.

ID Bronco

We parked and walked the whole route... one particular vehicle (one of those huge 12 seat ugly van things) kept parking on the walk way and blocking it off for everybody as they made their way through. Their plate holder clued us in that they were from California. Go figure.

I'd have had words with them on that front, and my wife would have been pissed at me. I think it's important to help them understand what is expected of them.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I'd have had words with them on that front, and my wife would have been pissed at me. I think it's important to help them understand what is expected of them.
Somehow it's become rude to tell people when they're being rude and I don't get it. Somebody acts like an asshole, I tell them they're being an asshole, and now suddenly I'm the asshole?

I always want to call out this sort of behavior, but I'm skeptical that it does any good at all and I get so weary of the confrontation and aggression that comes back when I do. I'm ready for a cabin in Montana.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Because, unlike you angry people, we believe in using grass, not just looking at it.
We use the lawn, you just have to wipe your feet first. Lol. And you can't enter the lawn from the flower beds.

When I shut things down I had gone through a huge box of potatoes chips (left overs from our block party, thanks wvc) and nearly two Costco bags of candy. I diverted a small stash of preferred pickings but we were almost legitimately out. We ran out the last two years completely.

My neighborhood has been tagged I guess. It's fine, my neighbors can all spend $$$ on candy to give out. I'm not that guy though.

Last edited:

DAA

I set my table up on the lawn, it confused every single person. I had to tell them all to walk on the grass. Next time it will have to be done on the driveway.

Because, unlike you angry people, we believe in using grass, not just looking at it.

Before reading this thread it had never once occurred to me to give a crap about kids walking across my lawn. But when it did just occur to me, I decided not to.

- DAA