Haul non-runner from SLC to Grand Jct, CO

Yeah, some folks have been having problems with photos uploading from phones.... it seems to be an issue with the forum software. We've tried a few changes/fixes/upgrades, but it still happens. :( Some guys have started hosting pics elsewhere like Photobucket... makes it a PITA, I know.

This was on my laptop. I gave up on my phone; it doesn't even give me an option.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
Wow, really? That's the first I've hear of problems from a laptop... any error message?
I've had this problem also, as the phone takes large photos, then they get put on the laptop, and are too large. I always have to reduce the file size of my phone pics.

Third try, token had expired. This time I'll copy before I hit reply.

just wouldn't hang 10K lbs off the back of a bumper. The trucks not heavy enough to pull it safely IMO.

Wow, you nailed it.

I took it for a test drive and the Ecoboost Supercrew is no Excursion (at least not a Davis modded X).

Great power, but just doesn't have the mass or suspension to handle a heavier trailer, even with EQ bars, which the X didn't need yesterday. With bags it would be great for a 4500lb rig on a 1500lb trailer.

I recall thinking the same thing about my '08 F150 5.4 Supercrew, except for the power.

Last edited:

rholbrook

Just because it's rates for it doesn't mean you should do it. The big three all want to claim you can do it haul all this weight but it's just not a very good idea. I love my truck but it's a half ton truck. It's just not safe to haul 10K lbs from a number with a half ton truck. Bag the rear and put a 5th wheel hitch in it and pull that kind of weight, sure, but not off the bumper even with an equalizer

Just because it's rates for it doesn't mean you should do it. The big three all want to claim you can do it haul all this weight but it's just not a very good idea. I love my truck but it's a half ton truck. It's just not safe to haul 10K lbs from a number with a half ton truck. Bag the rear and put a 5th wheel hitch in it and pull that kind of weight, sure, but not off the bumper even with an equalizer

I agree with your philosophy. The question was more of clarification than intent, so that I understood your perspective.

So you'd use a gooseneck with that truck? How heavy would you go with a gooseneck?

rholbrook

I agree with your philosophy. The question was more of clarification than intent, so that I understood your perspective.

So you'd use a gooseneck with that truck? How heavy would you go with a gooseneck?

This is Gregs thread but I personally would not haul a gooseneck with it. At that point, get a 1 ton. I like a nice riding truck with plenty of power to occasionally pull a boat or a trailer with either a jeep or motorcycles and stay under 6-7K lbs, its perfect. IMO its the best 1/2 ton out there. If you were hauling a trailer more often or needing to pull big heavy loads, you have the wrong truck, get a 1 ton diesel.

This is Gregs thread but I personally would not haul a gooseneck with it. At that point, get a 1 ton. I like a nice riding truck with plenty of power to occasionally pull a boat or a trailer with either a jeep or motorcycles and stay under 6-7K lbs, its perfect. IMO its the best 1/2 ton out there. If you were hauling a trailer more often or needing to pull big heavy loads, you have the wrong truck, get a 1 ton diesel.

Again, I couldn't agree more. I was just intrigued with your comment about installing bags and using a 5th wheel.