help me brainstorm what to get for my next vehicle

sixstringsteve

no plans to lose the running boards. Leather seats get hammered on the driver's bolster, and having the running boards helps me not destroy them as bad. Who knows, I may yank 'em off some day, but for now I plan on keeping them on.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Well hell. I had five bucks on you jumping to a 470.

j/k, looks good. I used to think I hated running boards until I owned a truck that had a set. They still look like garbage, but it's nice to not use the side of the seat as a slide when I get out now.

sixstringsteve

Thanks. A GX would have been really cool, but I like the 4runner a bit more. Headroom is a lot less, but I like how the rear window rolls down, and I like the looks and simplicity of the suspension.

Timing belt, water pump, serpentine belt, and even the pulley have been changed @ 90k. You're not kidding, the 4.7 is a beast of a job to do the timing belt on. I was planning on tackling it myself @180k 'till I watched the video on YouTube. No thanks.

I'm hopeful that I can get 17 mpg, but even if I only get 15 I'll be ok. The reliability, power, and comfort will be worth it. That being said, my goal is to hit 20 MPG in this at least once in my life. It sure is hard to keep my foot out of the throttle though, I've never had a rig with this much power. The v8 is a super smooth engine. It never sounds like it's trying hard, even at 5500 RPM.

Last edited:

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Sweet. Do you still have it? Which springs did you go with?

Op I was wrong: Bilstein's : B5100's and Daystar spacers in the rear with new Bilstein shocks.
I installed them on my neighbor/ friend's 4 runner. His is a V6 though so the front rates might be different...
I would recommend the diff drop kit if you go over 1.5" just to keep the half shafts happy. (It's pretty much cake, it consists of some 1/2 or 3/4" pucks and longer bolts).
He was mainly looking for a little clearance and a better ride because he went one size larger than stock tires.
We figured at 140k+ miles the stock shocks and struts were toast.
I also did Urethane swaybar link mounts.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Steve, I think that it's finally time you admit defeat and just buy the best selling car in the world.
Thanks right, I'm talking the Little Tikes Crazy Coupe.

1113003739498_500X500.jpg

In production for over 30 years, this bad boy has it all. Eco-friendly power train means great gas milage. With four-wheel steering, you'll be able to turn on a dime and navigate technical terrain without issue. It's light weight means that you'll never have issues getting out of tight spots because you can literally just lift it up and move it!

With all those years of production, parts are easy to source, and there are a myriad of accessories to choose from. As pictured, you can pick up a sweet adventure trailer, but there are also things like wings, eyelashes, pirate patches, and fun horns that you can install. The modification options are endless.

The price is right on this one, Steve. I think you'd finally be happy if you picked this up.

sixstringsteve

I think you hit the nail on the head Stephen. My main concern is if parts will be available when I'm touring south america. Doesn't the south american market use a different engine?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I think you hit the nail on the head Stephen. My main concern is if parts will be available when I'm touring south america. Doesn't the south american market use a different engine?

I hear the ones in south america run on tortas instead of mcdonalds (which makes for cleaner emissions), but I think most are dual fuel anyway.

sixstringsteve

Why do we never get the torta models in the US? They would sell like hot sandwiches! The rest of the world always gets the best models.

Last edited: