Help out in Ward Canyon??

TEAM FRED

How about July 8th?
I'm dowm for hooking it up and seeing how it drags.
We need to find out if its alright to haul off. I'd hate to be the one caught with a stolen vehicle? If you still call this a vehicle.

Yeah, just needs to be coordinated with the FS and Davis County Sheriff. Looks like Ryan and the NAXJA crew have already gotten the ball rolling.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
July 8th works for me right now... not sure what will come between now and then....

I would be glad to pull it out if someone has a trailer to put it on afterwards.
John

DrMoab

scoutabout said:
Yeah, just needs to be coordinated with the FS and Davis County Sheriff. Looks like Ryan and the NAXJA crew have already gotten the ball rolling.
No need to get ahold of the Forest Service. It isn't on thier property. Kenith McCloud with the sherrifs Dept is who I was talking to.

If I can in the next day or so I will call him back again.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
If the cars come out soon... killer... but we (U4WDA) would still LOVE a club/group to get all over Ward Canyon for our statewide NPLD project later. Let us know... :cool:

DrMoab

cruiseroutfit said:
If the cars come out soon... killer... but we (U4WDA) would still LOVE a club/group to get all over Ward Canyon for our statewide NPLD project later. Let us know... :cool:
Kurt....Call the Forest Service office that is in charge of that area. I talked to a guy (man I wish I could remember who) who was really looking for some help that way. He was really interested in having us (the 4wd community) help them with some projects in that area.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
DrMoab said:
Kurt....Call the Forest Service office that is in charge of that area...

We need a local club in the area to take the lead on this :cool: I can't call him and offer help I don't know we have... :p I've never been up Ward Canyon, it wouldn't be too beneficial for the blind guy to call ;)

DrMoab

cruiseroutfit said:
We need a local club in the area to take the lead on this :cool: I can't call him and offer help I don't know we have... :p I've never been up Ward Canyon, it wouldn't be too beneficial for the blind guy to call ;)
I will call them again. I maybe speaking for everyone but Im more then sure NAXJA would be willing to do this.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
DrMoab said:
I will call them again. I maybe speaking for everyone but Im more then sure NAXJA would be willing to do this.

Sweet, talk to them and let us know... It would be great to have some Northern representation for our NPLD deal. We are trying to get a club to take Prov./Millville too... :cool:

TEAM FRED

I thought of another idea that should help get this wreck out of the canyon.

I'm thinking we could put tires on the rearend to ease pulling it out.
I can get tires and wheels. I just need to make sure we can bolt them on the axle.

gijohn40

I am going to take a drive up there today and see if I can locate all the wrecks and place them on a map and take pictures... so I will see ifyou can mount tires on any of them and we can drag them out that way....

DrMoab

TEAM FRED said:
I thought of another idea that should help get this wreck out of the canyon.

I'm thinking we could put tires on the rearend to ease pulling it out.
I can get tires and wheels. I just need to make sure we can bolt them on the axle.
The old wheels are melted to the axle. Without a way to break them off the axle I don't know that it will work.

We thought of that too.

gijohn40

Ok I took my expedition (without my front driveline) up skyline drive to ward canyon turn off and proceeded down the small trail over two obsticals that will prevent a trailer unless it sits very high up... I found one vehicle on its top (see picture) that could be uprighted and dragged out or put on a trailer if we get one there....

From the lower parking lot there is the start of the same trail that I didn't take due to not having my driveline in place which might be a better way to get a trailer up to the vehicle... not sure what that trail is like.

The option of putting tires on the vehicle is not going to work due to the rims are somewhat melted to the rotors but could possible be pryed off.

Attachments

• WARD CANYON.jpg
    WARD CANYON.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 19
  • ward 001.jpg
    ward 001.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 24
  • ward 003.jpg
    ward 003.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 20

TEAM FRED

Just got back from ward canyon.
I was able to knock off both driver side wheels but the passenger side will be a lot tougher to get off. Also the lower rear link is broke on the driver side.
Any other ideas?

How about a car dolly? Any body have access to one?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Drag it to where you can get it on a trailer...

AF_Car_Removal_003.jpg

AF_Car_Removal_007.jpg

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
TEAM FRED said:
Just got back from ward canyon.
I was able to knock off both driver side wheels but the passenger side will be a lot tougher to get off. Also the lower rear link is broke on the driver side.
Any other ideas?

How about a car dolly? Any body have access to one?

I can put the carcass on my trailer, but I want a way to dispose of it before we get that far. Any ideas? Anybody know a towing company that would be interested in snagging it for scrap?

I'm off work until next Wednesday if somebody wants to do something.

gijohn40 said:
its in a place where you can put it on a trailer now... just can't get the a trailer there.... lol
How far does the 'carcass' need to be dragged to get it on a trailer?

TEAM FRED

It would be 1/2 mile to drag with a couple of tough spots.
Still waiting to see about disposing it.

Maybe we could drag it out to the flat and wait to load it on a trailer.

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
Maybe we could drag it to the edge overlooking the parking lot and give it the ol' heave ho. Gravity is your friend. Load onto the trailer and head out.

Jared