Hole in the Rock Trail - 3-6-13

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
What kinda rock is above there? It looks like the way to fix it might be to cut into the cliff face. The water is going to come down right there no matter what you do, and even concrete culverts get washed out with enough time (see the road to Mineral Bottom). But if you cut under the cliff, the water will just go right by.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Steve has to learn how to use the image stabilization features in Premier Pro first. I shot that with my DSLR, hand-held, with a 200 mm lens and it's shaky enough to induce nausea.
The scenario was Spork had tried going up a line at about 45* in the picture but was stopped by the ledge seen at his front passenger tire. He was backing up to try a line towards Steve the dufus to avoid the ledge. Instead of backing straight back down and turning into the new line, he got a bit sideways on the hill.

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
Steve has to learn how to use the image stabilization features in Premier Pro first. I shot that with my DSLR, hand-held, with a 200 mm lens and it's shaky enough to induce nausea.
The scenario was Spork had tried going up a line at about 45* in the picture but was stopped by the ledge seen at his front passenger tire. He was backing up to try a line towards Steve the dufus to avoid the ledge. Instead of backing straight back down and turning into the new line, he got a bit sideways on the hill.

continuing.... while side was he started backing up a ledge that lead to the 2 wheel stand.

Stacey

How did the trailer do on this trip. I am going with a Jeepster club the first weekend in May and am considering taking my trailer which is a converted jeepster.

sixstringsteve

He ended up turning around before it got nasty (not because of the trailer though). I'm not sure how it would have done on the tougher sections.

Last year thefirstzukman took his offroad trailer through the entire trail behind his sami. He is an incredible driver, and his trailer was built for crawling.

clfrnacwby

Recovery Addict
How did the trailer do on this trip. I am going with a Jeepster club the first weekend in May and am considering taking my trailer which is a converted jeepster.

He takes it through some pretty nasty stuff. I know that it took some getting used to but he's one of the best drivers I've seen so it doesn't surprise me he handles it so well.

sixstringsteve

Hhe's one of the best drivers I've seen so it doesn't surprise me he handles it so well.

Not to mention one of the nicest guys around, and probably the greatest asset to any wheeling trip i've been on. He's a dang good mechanic, he's prepared, and he's a paramedic too. It doesn't get much better than that.