How's an Atlas for long road miles?

DAA

I don't have a problem with an automatic in general. But I got the six speed just because test driving the same Jeep with an 42RLE it was a gear hunting dog.

An AW4 would be cheaper than just about any other swap though I bet. For the transmission itself at least. It's the conversion stuff that eats up time and money. I think I'd have to spend more than the AW4 on getting my drive shafts lengthened and shortened (again), relocating the CPS, maybe changing out the transfer case input depending on what year, sorting out the console and what not. End of the day, lot more work, not that much less money.

If wishes was fishes, and all that, I'd be stoked to swap over to a newer GM automatic. But, that ain't happening.

- DAA

gertsch

I don't have a problem with an automatic in general. But I got the six speed just because test driving the same Jeep with an 42RLE it was a gear hunting dog.

An AW4 would be cheaper than just about any other swap though I bet. For the transmission itself at least. It's the conversion stuff that eats up time and money. I think I'd have to spend more than the AW4 on getting my drive shafts lengthened and shortened (again), relocating the CPS, maybe changing out the transfer case input depending on what year, sorting out the console and what not. End of the day, lot more work, not that much less money.

If wishes was fishes, and all that, I'd be stoked to swap over to a newer GM automatic. But, that ain't happening.

- DAA
Yeah I'm not really sure what the length difference is between the nsg and the aw4. Most of my experience with swapping the aw4 was pre 2000 vehicles.

Reactions: DAA