I don't get why these vendors......

chevtech

Seasoned Mall Cruiser
jamesgeologist said:
The only problem I have with that logic is that how can I possibly know what is lude and lascivious until I read it. You're are right, I have every opportunity to prevent my daughter reading this or any other material. It is just the same with TV and movies. The distinction is that someone must take responsibilty for the posts, whether it's the poster, the Mod or Greg himself. Certainly it is not the reader that should be responsible for the post. How must I decide if my daughter can or can't read a post if I do not expose myself to that same material? Is it unreasonable to believe that I/we can trust the owner or the moderators at their word? Their word being this is a PG-13 BB.

I hate the idea that at this age, I will get my hackles up over a series of silly disagreements which I didn't even get involved in.(until now) We are a very diverse group with very different ideas about how the world turns. I expect that RME is the clean cut, semi-serious, goto BB for people who want to learn more about wheeling, not whining. PirateBB is for A$$holes that want to crush newbies like bugs and talk about every form of unobtainium equipment they don't have. Maybe there ought to be something in the middle. A board where all of the angry folks on RME can vent some of this rage that builds up and laugh about it when they're finished!!

I get the feeling that guys like Blacksheep and Bobdog get sick and tired of the griping and back-biting. If crap like this keeps coming up, I get the feeling they'll go somewhere else. To lose guys like that would be a real shame.

I need a hobby!!

:rolleyes:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Utah is the problem? THEN MOVE!!!! You fool. :rolleyes:

I think Greg should get rid of the rules completely. It seems that all they do is piss people off. I can't stand it when people quote the guidelines and rules for RME. When you see someone drive through a yellow-red light, do you complain to the cops? Grow a spine, people. "That red car jsut cut me off, and I'm gonna tell on him!"

No more rules, just a notice that says: "This is a privately owned and operated board. If the moderators don't like what you are doing, you will be forced to enter the Band. This site is not a democracy, it is a dictatorship. Deal with it"

jamesgeoligist said:
PirateBB is for A$$holes that want to crush newbies like bugs
What did you say about profanity? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

jamesgeologist

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Come on.....That is my point. Do you really believe that after all of this I am going to blame Greg or a Mod for the posts? My intension was to highlight the fact that folks aren't taking personal responsibility for their writings.

Vagina and **** and all the other ****ing words that make their way into the posts violate the letter of the law. Just because Greg or the Mods make exceptions, doesn't change the fact that the writer ignored the law and chose to post it. My whole point revolves around the fact that writers knowingly violate the published rules for the Forum, despite whether or not Greg or the Mods choose to do anything about it!!

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
James,
Sorry to rant so harshly. Glad you agree for the most part....All I can say is do the best you can, and trust it is enough, it most likely will be. It is obvious you care and that is the biggest part!!
Guess we agree to dis-agree as far as RME goes....I still feel it is your responsibility for your self and your family....Not mine, Greg's, the Mod's, or even Pokey's.
As for your point....the rules are enforced equally as far as I can see. We have all pushed them and the issues has been addressed between us and the mods. It is taken care of privately, where it should be. Some have just choosen not to heed the warnings and continued with outright dis-regaurd. The stuff that has been being discussed lately, only occurred after NUMEROUS warnings and violations....and then outright disregaurd for anyone! Trust me when I say it was time!!

As for the rules and the limits....yes the rule is the rule, but they have some push built in....And we push them. Imagine if there was no push in the law....You even speed and get a warning, or not get caught? There is always gray area....And I enforce laws for a living too.....

To me this Board is the BEST out there. I think Greg and the mods do a tremendious job and I greatly appreciate the work they do!! The allow us to vent, but keep us in check. Take it or leave it....I love it....Even though it fires me up sometimes :D

jamesgeologist

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
This is Jack's misguided efforts to sway a furious evil.

And this is Jack taking responsibility for the appearent hippocrasy he has fallen into!!

BYE BYE

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Hickey said:
No more rules, just a notice that says: "This is a privately owned and operated board. If the moderators don't like what you are doing, you will be forced to enter the Band. This site is not a democracy, it is a dictatorship. Deal with it"

This is the best thing I have read all weekend!! Up with Hickey :D

Ohms

'Poser Wheeler
So how the hell did this post go from someone posting as someone else-then getting called out to Public schools to Utah being the problem....
....I'm going back to my drug induced haze before I get a migrain....

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Ohms said:
So how the hell did this post go from someone posting as someone else-then getting called out to Public schools to Utah being the problem....
....I'm going back to my drug induced haze before I get a migrain....

I think that was sort of my fault.... :sick:
As for your haze....please go back and STFU....stop hijacking my hijack.....I an learning from Shawn and James K. :-\

James K

NO, I'm always like this
jamesgeologist said:
The only problem I have with that logic is that how can I possibly know what is lude and lascivious until I read it. You're are right, I have every opportunity to prevent my daughter reading this or any other material. It is just the same with TV and movies. The distinction is that someone must take responsibilty for the posts, whether it's the poster, the Mod or Greg himself. Certainly it is not the reader that should be responsible for the post. How must I decide if my daughter can or can't read a post if I do not expose myself to that same material? Is it unreasonable to believe that I/we can trust the owner or the moderators at their word? Their word being this is a PG-13 BB.

I hate the idea that at this age, I will get my hackles up over a series of silly disagreements which I didn't even get involved in.(until now) We are a very diverse group with very different ideas about how the world turns. I expect that RME is the clean cut, semi-serious, goto BB for people who want to learn more about wheeling, not whining. PirateBB is for A$$holes that want to crush newbies like bugs and talk about every form of unobtainium equipment they don't have. Maybe there ought to be something in the middle. A board where all of the angry folks on RME can vent some of this rage that builds up and laugh about it when they're finished!!

I get the feeling that guys like Blacksheep and Bobdog get sick and tired of the griping and back-biting. If crap like this keeps coming up, I get the feeling they'll go somewhere else. To lose guys like that would be a real shame.

I need a hobby!!

I am responsible for what I type. :D

but as far as pg13.............ahave you seen what passes for pg13 in life now :eek:

I know a lot of it scares me(for my children)but I try to filter what I can and let them make decisions on the people they want to be(I just give suggestions to them).

BTW I have a 14 yr old daughter, that scares the hell out of me, but she has been raised to make the proper decesion for her to make her better.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
rckcrlr said:
To me this Board is the BEST out there. I think Greg and the mods do a tremendious job and I greatly appreciate the work they do!! The allow us to vent, but keep us in check. Take it or leave it....I love it....Even though it fires me up sometimes :D

AMEN :greg: