I hate Craigslist Lowballers...

Tonkaman

I have been texting a guy about a dirtbike I have for sale. We covered all the usual stuff, age, condition, price.. all of which is clear in the ad..
and then he says ‘ok. I like it and will buy it, but I don’t have any money right now. I’ll let you know when I can get some money’

WTF.
He sounds like a good guy, you should just let home take it and pay you someday when he gets the cash 👍

J-mobzz

I have been texting a guy about a dirtbike I have for sale. We covered all the usual stuff, age, condition, price.. all of which is clear in the ad..
and then he says ‘ok. I like it and will buy it, but I don’t have any money right now. I’ll let you know when I can get some money’

WTF.
Stimi checks and tax season don’t count a player out. First rule of being a broke bitch is to spend it before you have it.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Put my mountain bike on ksl today. Recieved 12 offers in the first 25 minutes. Lots of it's not worth that. Best one was, I bought that bike new 5 years ago for only 500 more. My response. I'd like to buy your time machine. No response. Sold it for what I wanted. Less then 3 hours

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I just had a guy ask if my truck is still available but then immediately say never mind, I just noticed the church parking lot pics and I vowed to never buy another car with church parking lot pics.

I just said “congrats”

N-Smooth

So a guy called me twice this morning about the truck. He had a bunch of questions and wants to come see it today. He said he'd text me for the address before he comes out. I haven't heard from him in a bit so I figured I'd text him. I went to his last call and tapped "send message" and lo and behold it's the anti church parking lot guy :rofl:

I was wondering why I just got a cold call from somebody about it. They almost always start with text messages- even a "can I call you" seems pretty standard.

N-Smooth

People are so weird. I’m asking $18,500. I want to tell them if they can only get approved for $15k they should be looking at much cheaper vehicles. That’s assuming they’re being honest though.

4A961958-C46A-48E4-A174-85025861987D.jpeg

Pile of parts

People are so weird. I’m asking $18,500. I want to tell them if they can only get approved for $15k they should be looking at much cheaper vehicles. That’s assuming they’re being honest though.

View attachment 136619
I think that type of question is ok. They are being upfront (whether honest or not ???) and doesn't hurt to ask. If it's not something you can work with, tell them so. If not, they move on, you move on. Very little time wasted.

N-Smooth

I think that type of question is ok. They are being upfront (whether honest or not ???) and doesn't hurt to ask. If it's not something you can work with, tell them so. If not, they move on, you move on. Very little time wasted.
Seems like a person who values your time.
If the price doesn't work tell them.
I gave them the benefit of the doubt and did exactly that, replied respectfully and said I will not entertain $1900 off my asking price at this time. Then they came back and said well what would you accept. I said I’d entertain $18k. Now they want to come look at it but just a second ago they only had $16,600. Fun stuff.

N-Smooth

Is this a “you miss every shot you don’t take” scenario or does this guy suck? I feel like the latter but I’m interested to see what everybody else thinks.
It’s listed for $18,500 for context.
FF42CF36-E9E8-40DF-8DE3-8D4ABD37F82F.jpeg

N-Smooth

I know I’m old school but I don’t really like to make offers without being in person (ideal) or on the phone. That’s how I was raised and I think it’s better.
That $16k guy got even weirder. He sent me a picture of a pile of cash and said he’ll pay full price tonight. I made him call me (I always do) and he is a real person but it feels sketchy. So naturally I texted another guy that drove it earlier and said hey come buy the truck so I don’t get stabbed and now he’s totally buying it tomorrow 🤣🤣🤣

J-mobzz

I don’t understand the cash thing? Like you’ll buy my item with money? Opposed to what? Or does $1 cash hold I higher value than $1 certified check or $1 wire transfer? Every time I’ve sold something high dollar and it’s cash payment it’s a pain in the ass to go to the bank have them count it all twice and then do a deposit. We living 2021 transfer that shit over and save us both a trip to the bank.

N-Smooth

I don’t understand the cash thing? Like you’ll buy my item with money? Opposed to what? Or does $1 cash hold I higher value than $1 certified check or $1 wire transfer? Every time I’ve sold something high dollar and it’s cash payment it’s a pain in the ass to go to the bank have them count it all twice and then do a deposit. We living 2021 transfer that shit over and save us both a trip to the bank.
I prefer a cashiers check for sure.

Pile of parts

Exactly!