I hate Craigslist Lowballers...

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I hate it when you see a car you want to look at on KSL. So you call the seller and he says it is in great condition. Then you drive all the way to St. George to look at it and the sunroof has been torn out and siliconed back into place, the windows don't work, the exhaust is cut off, the transmission is leaking, the dashboard has a hole in it, the seats are torn, the switches don't work, the rear end rattles and clunks something fierce, and the window tint is all peeling off.

At least it was a fun drive with a friend ;-)

McFate

I hate it when you see a car you want to look at on KSL. So you call the seller and he says it is in great condition. Then you drive all the way to St. George to look at it and the sunroof has been torn out and siliconed back into place, the windows don't work, the exhaust is cut off, the transmission is leaking, the dashboard has a hole in it, the seats are torn, the switches don't work, the rear end rattles and clunks something fierce, and the window tint is all peeling off.

Went to checkout out a '90-something Bronco like that a few months ago. Seller said it was in great shape. Apparently his definition of "great" meant no carpet, no airbag, no backseat, holes in the bed (could see the street), and no muffler. The driver's seat had been welded in place, so that it was no longer adjustable. Great for the 5'4" seller, bad for 6'2" me.

Took the thing on a test drive to humor the guy, and it was the most terrifying ride of my life. Seatbelts turned out to be decorative, as they would pop out of the latch when you hit a bump. The thing couldn't decide what gear it wanted to be in, and kept shifting at random. When I tried to stop after a half mile to turn around, I overshot my turn by 20yards. The seller joked that "it takes a while to get the hang of driving these big trucks". The reality was that the brake pedal was to the floor, and didn't have a chance of stopping where I wanted it to.

Best part was that the guy wanted $2k for the thing, and felt that was a generous offer, based on all of the work he had put into the truck over the years.

That is the last time I ever checkout a vehicle based on an ad with no photos, and only the seller's description over the phone.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.

Well, did you buy it? :D

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I dont sell stuff on KSL very often I usually list it here and then if it doesnt sell I will hang onto or throw it away.... I have a tire listed in the classifieds right now. I originally listed the tire for $325 and later lowered the price to 280. I just received a PM from a member and he offered me $150.....

I politely responded with a "your kidding right?" If you want I will even post his screen name........

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I dont sell stuff on KSL very often I usually list it here and then if it doesnt sell I will hang onto or throw it away.... I have a tire listed in the classifieds right now. I originally listed the tire for $325 and later lowered the price to 280. I just received a PM from a member and he offered me $150.....

I politely responded with a "your kidding right?" If you want I will even post his screen name........

Sorry! Fine, I'll go $160.... :rolleyes:

:D

I'd say, "Great. Give me a tattoo in Hawaii."
Ha! This is something I think I will try next time I have an ad up!

It's like online dating man. They know how to get all the good angles to hide the flaws!

ricsrx

I drove all the way to North Ogden to pick up a 2.3 turbo motor. add stated that it was missing the turbo......I got there and he proceeded to tell me that the port on the exhaust manifold heat shield is where the turbo hooks up......i said this is why i keept asking you for more pictures.... i offered him $50 for wasting my time and money..i walked away empty handed again..

Coco

So lately with trying to sell my truck, it has been a lot of people texting me to see if I still have it, yade ya. Never hear from them again, many saying I want to come look at it this week, never show, etc.

Well the other day takes the cake (so far) I get a text out of the blue...

I'll give you $12,000 worth of dental work for your F250. Veneers, braces, implants... *link to site*

:ugh::confused::wtf:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Ugh. I hate selling stuff, for every single reason listed in this thread.

A business owner on here tried to low ball me on some parts a few years ago. I listed them for stupid cheap. They are still on the floor in my garage.

Now I tell people I don't accept offers over the phone, and I open carry when I meet any potential buyers.

Last edited:

Tonkaman

I apologize about the language, but I'm getting sick of this kind of stuff:

e6e3741aa2ad1c52ece4423ca5371717.jpg

I may have responded poorly:
5bf196f0f816387c9d74a73e12ed87b3.jpg

For reference this is the picture he is bitching about:
4595137e1dae88af86e0e677b87680bb.jpg

D

Deleted member 12904

I love how people make ridiculous offers but put CASH in all caps. They must think cash as a high exchange rate over the type of money they must assume I'm looking for in my ad.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
With the exception of selling something large like a car, I think I'm completely done with KSL classifieds.
My new order of operation for clearing out garage items will be:
- Ask family / friends 1st
- RME 2nd
- Dumpster 3rd

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I tried that and it still wasn't worth the hassle. In the last week I have thrown away well over 400-500 worth of brand new parts that I was sick of hanging onto for both TJs and JKs. KSL is a joke.