I hate Craigslist Lowballers...

ricsrx

I have a stack of old auto traders.....what do you think..

cascadia, i will trade you my yj plus the auto traders, and a bag of almonds i have on my desk for your yj :)

idahoyj

The RME lowballer should be mentioned as well. I will not confirm that this has anything to do with a participant of this thread.

Selling a Pioneer Nav Deck
Receive a PM stating he will pay me x$ MORE if I hold it for him until x date
3 weeks go by, 3 missed meet ups
PM asks for a deal. I agree, misses another meet up.

Dejected, I re-list the deck, ignoring PMs from the dude who jerked me around the previous month.

I sell the deck to a serious RME buyer and the first guy gets pissy.

Anyone else?

BLM... lolz.

I got hosed by a fellow RME'er on the same item that I have on CL. He wanted it bad enough to have a "Wanted" thread, so I made a deal with him. Several "I want it" texts and 3 missed meet-up dates (spread over almost 2 weeks) later, and now he's apparently fallen off the face of the Earth. That's why I have it on CL now. :(

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
Buyer: I have 500$ to put down for your truck if you hold it until monday.

Me: ok if you sign a paper saying it's 500$ nonrefundable if you buy or not.

Buyer: I don't know that's a lot of money to loose.

So can someone explain why he offered to put 500$ down?

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
Me: "Hello?"
Them: "Do you still have the whatever?"
Me: "Yes."
Them: "How much more less you take?"
Me: "...wut?" :click:

Last edited:

McFate

Lately I've just been getting calls that go something like this:

Them: "Do you still have that thing for sale?"
Me: "Yup - would you like to come take a look at it?"
Them: "Thanks." *click*

…and then I never hear from them again. It's like these folks are just taking a survey or something.

ricsrx

yesterday
Them: is the bike still for sale and will you take $800 cash
Me: is there any other kind of money? if you come take a look at it, i will negociate with you
Them: Ok, i will need to check my finances and get back to you in a week or so.
me:I have had 100 calls from kids just like you, get a job and call me back when you accually have cash...
them: I understand, what is your address and i will come out and pick it up tommorrow.
me: are you planning on stealing it?

END:

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
When I worked at Jerry Seiner, I would alway check out what was lying around the tire changer and whatever had decent tread in it, I would list for sale.
One time I listed 4 tires for $80 and this guy from Tooele called on it and came all the way out to pick it up.
I helped him load the tires, and he handed me cash. I didn't count it because I figured even if the guy shorted me, I had $0 invested.
That night, I went out to dinner and grabbed the cash he handed me and realized that he gave me $100.
I called the guy, he had no idea he gave me extra, and had no plans to come back to SLC.
I put the extra $20 bill in the mail for him. Didn't get a thank you though. Lame.

Tonkaman

yesterday
Me: is there any other kind of money? if you come take a look at it, i will negociate with you
me:I have had 100 calls from kids just like you, get a job and call me back when you accually have cash...
them: I understand, what is your address and i will come out and pick it up tommorrow.

END:

That is awesome that you actually called them out! I laughed so hard after reading this

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
yesterday

END:

at least you respond to their texts.. I don't get the same courtesy -_-

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I just got one. I love bottom-feeders they help me remember how much I like decent folks.

"Will you take $200 for the bike?"
No.
"$250"
I'm asking $450, make me a real offer.
"That is a real offer"
If you can't afford it, please look elsewhere.
"It's not that I can't afford it, it's just the bike isn't worth $450"
If you're looking to get something for nothing, find a crackhead or meth junky. I built it and know what I have into it.
"Wow you amazed me you didn't sound smart enough to build it"
Don't waste my time, move along.

5 minutes later....

"so will you take $250"

hahahahahahaha!

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I sold a chicken pen I built. Tons of pictures on craigslist. Guy calls and says he wants it, $50. He shows up, we load it into his pickup, he goes "oh darn, I only brought $40, I tell him it will be here when he gets back and start to drag it out of his truck. He suddenly "remembers" where he put the other ten. Funny thing is, if he had offered $40 I would have accepted.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Not a low ball story, but along the same lines:

A past customer calls me last week and says he's trying to get his bumpers off the rig to get painted, but the bolts are super rusty and he can't get them off. He's in a huge bind and needs to drop them off at the painter in the morning. (it's 830pm now) He says if I can just put an impact gun on them they'll come right off.

I had just finished up my daughters b-day party and was in nice shorts and a polo shirt, but I said bring it over and I'll look at it.

He gets to my house in Magna at 9pm, right as the sun sets and the mosquitos come out. I'm out there under the rig fighting these rusted bolts, no room for air tools of course, stopping every few seconds to swat a blood sucker. I'm getting super frustrated, but I get them off. I had to use the plasma on one of them and almost burnt a hole in my nice shirt.
So they are off and he says what do I owe you? I said 4 million dollars. He laughed and then I told him not to worry about it and to go home. He says, no I need to pay you for your time. How about $100? I said it only took an hour, so $45. He says "that's perfect, but I didn't bring any money with me".

Why offer to pay if you have no money?!

The next day my brilliant daughter said I should have charged him $10 for each mosquito bite: We counted 17, 10 on just my right knee cap!