I hate Craigslist Lowballers...

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Just made some ads and got two of those as soon as I hit the submit button. Though I quickly went back in an edited my contact info and unchecked the box that says your number allows texts. We'll see if that fixes the send me a code bullshit.

Coco

To junk tires, they need to go to a federal recycling plant now. Any tire shop can take them, though may charge a disposal fee. One benefit (for now) of working at a tire shop, I can just go throw them away.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
To junk tires, they need to go to a federal recycling plant now. Any tire shop can take them, though may charge a disposal fee. One benefit (for now) of working at a tire shop, I can just go throw them away.

Don't you pay that fee when the tire is purchased? I think that's the biggest rip off in the tire industry... everyone charges you to dispose of them at the end of their life, when its already been paid up front.

Now I just drop my old, used tires off after hours... fawk 'em. :cody:

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Don't you pay that fee when the tire is purchased? I think that's the biggest rip off in the tire industry... everyone charges you to dispose of them at the end of their life, when its already been paid up front.

I think tires are the most marked up and expensive thing, second only to diamonds.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
And bike parts. Look at the cost of a nice dirt bike compared to a nice mountain bike. Usually the dirt bike is cheaper...how does that make sense?
As an avid user of both I have wondered the same thing. I've always been told it is economies of scale. With the popularity of MTB's recently, they are going to have to get a new excuse.

On the tire note, I was just made aware this year that RMATV accepts old Motorcycle tires for free. All these years I've been disposing of them by other means.

Coco

Same can be said for any used car that has to be registered after purchase.

However, you are correct. Most shops will charge a disposal fee when installing new tires, but not when (at least we do not) customers choose to keep their tires to sell privately, purchase and carry out new tires to install later, or on their own, etc.
I think tires are the most marked up and expensive thing, second only to diamonds.
Takes a lot to make them unfortunately, but everyone needs them.

RockChucker

As an avid user of both I have wondered the same thing. I've always been told it is economies of scale. With the popularity of MTB's recently, they are going to have to get a new excuse.

I’ve been told similar. But when you look at how huge the bike industry is, I don’t buy it. The reason prices are what they are is because people pay it. If the market wasn't supporting it, prices would be lower.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
He probably thought he was going to get shanked if he met you there. That's kearns territory.

A co-worker who just moved back to town has been looking for a new house and asked about ours. I showed him some pics and the builders website and he was eating it up. Seems like today he basically reserved a lot and is all in. All I can think about is the grief he gave me 2.5 years ago for building where we did. It's not that bad out here...

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
He probably thought he was going to get shanked if he met you there. That's kearns territory.

A co-worker who just moved back to town has been looking for a new house and asked about ours. I showed him some pics and the builders website and he was eating it up. Seems like today he basically reserved a lot and is all in. All I can think about is the grief he gave me 2.5 years ago for building where we did. It's not that bad out here...
Had you told me ten, even five years ago that I'd be buying a house in West Jordan, I would have laughed. But here we are! It's not so bad; aside from @bryson being two blocks away... :bryson:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
West Jordan is just Herrimans butthole. And Herriman is a butthole. Sooo, it's a butthole's butthole. It's like some bizarre vape flavored, affliction clad, quantum physics.

Just because I was asked.

Butt they have fantastic chain restaurants.