Jeeper's 2006 6.0 F350

KWight

Please let me know the name of the shop in Ogden. I want to get mine bulletproofed and would like to see how reasonable and reputable they are. Mine has 125,000 on it now and is running fine.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I'll have to find the name of the shop I called. I just found it on ksl.

I talked to the tech at the ford dealer. He said he can tell from hearing it crank that it has no compression. The truck was never pulled into any bay, or even had a tool touch it.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Brian, there is a guy in Saratoga Springs that is a Ford master tech he is really knowledgeable and very reasonable. His name is Joey. His number is 801-615-0197

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

jeeper

That's the guy in Ogden that said he will pull mine and rebuild it, and reinstall it for $6500.
I am thinking the extra $3500 is probably worth paying to not deal with the head aches.

Last edited:

jeeper

I dropped the truck off at G&R a couple weeks ago. They got back to me over the weekend. The freeze plugs throughout the motor have been popped, and there are cracks throughout the engine block..

That sucks..

rholbrook

I dropped the truck off at G&R a couple weeks ago. They got back to me over the weekend. The freeze plugs throughout the motor have been popped, and there are cracks throughout the engine block..

That sucks..

Call me. I have a few connections I can look into for you on either a good core or a used motor. eight zero one two zero one five eight nine one

Russ

jeeper

Call me. I have a few connections I can look into for you on either a good core or a used motor. eight zero one two zero one five eight nine one

Russ

I will get ahold of you as we get more serious about our plan for the truck. Thanks!

That sucks. how do you even do that?

Theory is that the truck was drinking coolant for a while as part of a problem. The guy would just fill it with water to get it going. Problem gets too bad to drive anymore, truck gets parked full of water. Sits for 5 years and freezes over and over, cracking the block.

I would just buy a new motor and drop it in. Then sell it. you'll still make a decent profit on it.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=ford+6.0+diesel+engine&_frs=1

I have done many motor swaps and builds, but I am like 90% sure this one would be over my head.
My wife says we should pay to have a fresh motor built and put in. We would be less than $10k into the truck total, and that would include all the updates and mods needed to be a reliable truck. Her reasoning is that if this truck were for sale for $10k with a new motor and all the mods, we would buy it thinking we were getting a good deal, so why not pay it and have it?