Jobs! Looking for a job? Is your company hiring? Post up here!

blackburban

2000 Dodge Durango SLT
I am looking for a full time job I can relocate to slc I have experiance in automotive repairs tire changeing oil change. I also have little experiance in autobody. And also have experiance in computers if any one looking for some one pm me thanks

grandmaster

Let the build Re-begin
ACN......I don't do it but there is a local shop that closed because the owners (that were also the employees) were making better money with ACN then they were with their shop. If you find anything worthy though let me know as well....I am currently employed but I wouldn't mind another part-time.

Oh...and my work (carquest) Charleston Auto Parts is also hiring.....for a counter person full time doing parts work. I will be here friday and my manager will be here thursday and friday. You can come in and say you know me....just do me proud...please :) It's Levi...you can call with any questions. (801)5776540

grandmaster

Let the build Re-begin
Yep I have been there for just over a year. I make the least there but I am only part time....pay isn't the best by any means, but a job with some pay is better then a job with no pay....it's worth a shot IMO. We could really use the help though, I am sick of busting my ass (since they fired 2 people) and getting payed the same. :/

mierdota

im looking for some part time work i am lookin to make an extra 500-800 a month. I am a machinist and i know a lot about mechanics/diesel mechanics but i am willing to do anything. As part time as possible would be nice anyone know of anything? i have looked at machinist jobs and there isnt much im willing to do anything i have some sells experience. nights would be good also

Last edited:

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
After 12 years I am leaving the company and they are replacing me with a "Web Application Engineer" Here is the job description:

Web Application Engineers are responsible for day-to-day development and coding of all assigned projects to create new applications and maintain established applications.
• Translate technical specifications into efficient code algorithms that meet the requirements of the project.
• Perform software updates as necessary
• Provide accurate estimates for programming efforts for iteration deliverables
• Code, test, debug, implement, and document simple to complex programs.
• Participate in code reviews to verify that development meets defined standards and best coding practices
• Work closely with QA to help develop quality products
• Anticipate and identify problems to provide alternative solutions for a successful end result
• Work with other team members in a paired-programming environment to develop quality C#/.NET, T-SQL code
• Follow company’s software development planning process to determine time estimates and meet project deadlines
• Create appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
• Conduct unit and integration testing on own code
• Junior engineers may focus on software updates and other entry level programming tasks
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
• Effective interpersonal and written communication skills
• Ability to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
• Effective time management skills
• Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously
• Capable of working independently as well as in a team environment
• Ability to work in a self-directed fashion
• Experience with PC's in a Windows environment
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the desire to take on new project responsibilities
• Demonstrated knowledge of ASP.NET, AJAX, C#, SQL, XML, HTML, JavaScript, and classic ASP
• Proficiency with Toad, Visual Studio, Visual Source Safe, Reflector, SQL Server Management Studio
• Familiar with Microsoft Server platform and IIS
• Experience with Oracle and SQL Server
• Excellent Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Ability to read UML diagrams
• Knowledgeable in industry best practices and coding standards.
• Web Development experience
• Four year college degree in computer science, information technology or a related field or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
• Knowledge of insurance industry extremely valuable
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office

Here is a link to the official site

https://www5.recruitingcenter.net/C....cfm?jbaction=JobProfile&Job_Id=10719&esid=az

krany

kranberry
by chance is anyone looking for a part time employee? i need a new job, iam 16 so its really hard to find a decent job that will last. iam very mechanically inclined. i can do oil changes, lifts, alighnments, tires, every thing you can tell me to do, maybe not swap a motor or transmission but general mechanics. iam also good with customer service( what i did at my last job) pm me for contact details if you have an opportunity for me

-chris

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
After 12 years I am leaving the company and they are replacing me with a "Web Application Engineer" Here is the job description:

Web Application Engineers are responsible for day-to-day development and coding of all assigned projects to create new applications and maintain established applications.
• Translate technical specifications into efficient code algorithms that meet the requirements of the project.
• Perform software updates as necessary
• Provide accurate estimates for programming efforts for iteration deliverables
• Code, test, debug, implement, and document simple to complex programs.
• Participate in code reviews to verify that development meets defined standards and best coding practices
• Work closely with QA to help develop quality products
• Anticipate and identify problems to provide alternative solutions for a successful end result
• Work with other team members in a paired-programming environment to develop quality C#/.NET, T-SQL code
• Follow company’s software development planning process to determine time estimates and meet project deadlines
• Create appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
• Conduct unit and integration testing on own code
• Junior engineers may focus on software updates and other entry level programming tasks
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
• Effective interpersonal and written communication skills
• Ability to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
• Effective time management skills
• Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously
• Capable of working independently as well as in a team environment
• Ability to work in a self-directed fashion
• Experience with PC's in a Windows environment
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the desire to take on new project responsibilities
• Demonstrated knowledge of ASP.NET, AJAX, C#, SQL, XML, HTML, JavaScript, and classic ASP
• Proficiency with Toad, Visual Studio, Visual Source Safe, Reflector, SQL Server Management Studio
• Familiar with Microsoft Server platform and IIS
• Experience with Oracle and SQL Server
• Excellent Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Ability to read UML diagrams
• Knowledgeable in industry best practices and coding standards.
• Web Development experience
• Four year college degree in computer science, information technology or a related field or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
• Knowledge of insurance industry extremely valuable
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office

Here is a link to the official site

https://www5.recruitingcenter.net/C....cfm?jbaction=JobProfile&Job_Id=10719&esid=az

Bump for this one - they are still looking. Don't be too intimidated by the requirements, I think they will consider Jr. programmers at this point.

RedRockUT

Utah 4x4 Club
Looking for an evening/night job while I'm going to school. Preferably full-time. I can do anything in warehousing, customer support or security. Please let me know asap if you know of anything available.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Alright folks, Union Pacific has ONE job opening in Utah currently. UP hasn't been hiring much in the last couple years due to the economic slowdown, but there are a few big projects coming up and they need to fill some positions around the company.

The job that is up is for an Installation Tech, basically they want someone that has electrical experience and has or is willing to get a CDL. Don't let the application process or description scare you, if you have the experience they seek and want a good job, APPLY! It's a good job and good work.

http://www.unionpacific.jobs/careers/apply/state.cfm?state=UT

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
SQL Server DBA

This is a listing for a California job, but there is discussion about making this a Utah job if they can find the right person

Description
DealerSocket is a fast growing technology company building configurable web-based Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software for the Retail industry. We are looking for a highly motivated mid to senior Microsoft SQL Server developer with proven experience. This position is responsible for database-related production issues focusing on development, performance, scalability, and high availability.

Applicants need to be local and able to come into the office on a daily basis to work with the other developers as part of a team.

Requirements
Job Requirements:

Minimum 3 -4 years experience designing and supporting high volume Microsoft SQL2000, SQL2005 or SQL2008 Server databases.

At least 2+ years experience in supporting web applications connected to SQL Server databases.

Must display strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.

Experience in programming elements including schemas, databases, tables, views, indexes, stored procedures, triggers and declarative integrity constraints.

Experience creating DTS packages, scheduled SQL jobs, and SSIS packages.
Ability to review, analyze, and redevelop complex stored procedures to increase speed and performance.
Experience with SQL Reporting Services
Ability to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment

rholbrook

SQL Engineer and Database Manager

PM me if you are interested in this job. It is in Salt Lake

Russ

SQL Engineer and Database Manager

The product we deploy and support for our user base utilizes a 4th normal SQL database. We have developed a data warehouse model for the product that is now currently distributed with the vendor’s software. We have develop reporting dashboards and Crystal Reports that utilize this data warehouse and associated datamarts to deliver timely information to users of the software.

This position would be responsible for the continued upkeep and development of the stored procedures and SSIS packages that create and update the data warehouse. They would also be responsible for writing custom queries to be used with graphical dashboards and reporting tools. Depending on skill set, this person would be responsible for all custom reporting as requested by clients. Experience with Crytal Reports would be important.

Based on skill-set will also supervise other in-house and contracted report writers.

rholbrook

Senior Hardware Systems Engineer

PM me if you are interested in this job. It is in Salt Lake

Russ

Senior Hardware Systems Engineer-

Individual is responsible for the on-going design, installation and management of a server platform that consists of terminal servers, application servers, SQL database servers, Exchange servers, various Cisco security appliances, Tanberg video conferencing devices, Blackberry Exchange Server, on a gigabit network. Will ultimately be responsible for managing a small hardware team as the company expands. Current equipment is mostly Intel or Dell.

Also, would need experience with dedicated circuits, point to points and associated termination, routing and VPN tunneling. And the ability to trouble shoot these circuits with clients and act as an intermediary with various vendors on their behalf.

Ability to deploy and manage various system utilities. Essentially a Microsoft shop. Using Panda appliances and currently deploying a SOPHOS appliance for network, browsing and email security. Understanding of Active Directory and ability to manage a statewide network of over 1,500 AD accounts.

FJSchmoozer

Looking For a Job?

So, I know a lot of people are out of work (me being one of them up until a month ago), so I thought I would post this here.

I am currently looking for 3-4 people to pull wire and fiber-optic cable from the shoulder to the median of I-15. This is a manual labor position, no question about it, but nothing too dificult. This is also a temporary job (approx. 3 months), with the possibility of becoming a permanent position (depending on how the I-15 Core Project turns out).

Work will be performed during daytime hours, with a possibility of some graveyard shifts depending on project schedule and need.

Company vehicles will be provided for travel from the office to the job site.
Pay is $12/hr in the lab, $15.83/hr on-site in Utah County, $15.52/hr on-site in SL County, and $23.06/hr in Davis County. The majority of the work will be performed on-site.

I am also looking for a foreman to supervise the crew. Pay for the foreman will be $16/hr in the lab, $19/hr on-site in SL and Utah County, and $23.06/hr in Davis County.

Overtime is also available.

No experience is necessary. I am just looking for someone that is going to show up on time, work hard, and pass a drug test.

If you are interested, send me your resume at matthew.smart@transcore.com

Also, if you want to check the company out, visit www.transcore.com

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
I know US Synthetic in Orem is currently hiring full-time as well as part-time (Saturday Night 11pm-7:30am). It is a great job I have been there for 3.5 years and love it. Awesome benefits and great atmosphere. Contact Lacy at 801-235-9001, Tell them you heard about the job from Tyson Hardy.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
ok any apprentice electricians out there that need a job? we are looking for 2-4 apprentices with 2-3 years on the job. We are swamped with work and need people yesterday...

The work is installing equipment on cell tower sites and will include some manual labor tasks (digging trenches for the power lines) along with some electrical and mechanical.
If interested call 801-261-5666 and ask for Brian and tell him that John sent ya....

Pay will be based on experience.