Jobs! Looking for a job? Is your company hiring? Post up here!

Green-Tonka-CJ5

BEE-DUHB
Anyone know of a part time, possibly seasonal job for an early twenties guy to get through the winter? Working as a bike mechanic is my love, but business is bad when it snows!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
None at all. Good question, but the pay scale is set.

If you want/need more money, you could take that job and deal with the pay in the mean time, then you could transfer crafts and get into a higher paying job. Only problem is that you have to spend 2 years in the craft that you hired into. I'm sure you could climb the ladder in the mechanical department and get into a higher paying position pretty quickly. It's not hard, you just have to be a decent and safe employee, then bid on the higher jobs as they come up.

The best advice would be to get hired into the craft/department that you want to work in. You know Jason, I'm not sure how mechanically inclined you are or how your current job might have a positive effect applying for a job with UP, but with your experience working with & around electric motors might be a great IN to that diesel mechanic job. Locomotives are driven by electric motors... consider it... you might be surprised what could happen if you applied.

There are basically 3 departments at UP, Transportation (crews that operate the trains), Mechanical Dept (guys that maintain & repair locomotives & cars) and the department I work in, Engineering (maintain & repair the track).

In the engineering department, the entry level track laborer jobs pay $19/hr and go up from there.
I've lost track of how many times I've applied with UP but here I go again!!

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
We need an EXTREMELY professional, very organized, flexible admin assistant where I work. I can't imagine it would be poor pay. Excellent working conditions.

Please PM me for a link if you know of someone that would do well.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
We need an EXTREMELY professional, very organized, flexible admin assistant where I work. I can't imagine it would be poor pay. Excellent working conditions.

Please PM me for a link if you know of someone that would do well.

flexible eh? ;).. ;)
yes....various projects with changing deadlines

BTW, this job is NOT working for me, but I will be assisting in this position

4xyj

Low and Wide
I am looking for a Tech for our shop so if you are interested and have skills like setting up gears, Welding, and all around 4x4 knowledge send me a PM.

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
Does anybody know of any jobs (part or full time) in utah county for an experienced and skilled welder/fabricator?

mierdota

We Are looking for a machinist at out shop it will be mostly manual machines but some cnc is preferred. Spread the word please we need someone that we can rely on 6 months to 1 year experience, if someone is management material even better. Pay is $12-18 doe, Pm me or call me with questions sean@ 801-657-1938 shop located in north slc.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Union Pacific will be hiring 4,000 people this year, all over the Country. Right now in Utah there are several jobs up, including a couple Track Laborer positions in Helper and Soldier Summit, which is the position I started out in. Massive potential for moving up in the company, great benefits and retirement and it's a GOOD job.

http://www.unionpacific.jobs/careers/apply/state.cfm?state=UT

If you just about want to guarantee your chances at getting a job, go get a Class B CDL license. Class A and they'd love you, but a B is a great start.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
looks like the need you to have a CDL to begin with:

Preferred Education, Training, Experience or Skills:

A valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) is required. Click here to see the requirements to obtain a CDL.

Do they let you get one AFTER hire?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I didn't realize a CDL was mandatory now, it wasn't when I hired on, but they asked if you could get one within 6 month of hiring. If it's mandatory now, then I doubt they'd hire ya if you 'intended' to get one. ;)

dentedvw

uıɐƃɐ ʇɐɥʇ op ʇ,uoʍ ı
Oh man, so close to my experience. I am real rusty on the O scope though. I think if it was a lower level tech job, I would be a good candidate, as I am not fully confident that I should be a lead tech at that level of diagnostics and troubleshooting. Just a bit above my pay grade, drat. Also I have no manufacturing experience. I have been doing tech work for more than ten years, mostly field repair though, almost never have had a bench. ;)