Just another run of the mill Buggy build

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I made it out to the shop last night to work on the buggy for a an hour or so, I didnt make monumental progress but every little bit helps. I got the rear frame rails bent up and notched as well as tacked in place. I also got my Atlas bolted up to my trans

Like I said nothing to exciting but here is a picture anyways...

I don't want to take any left turns in this thread, but that creation sitting in the background looks kind of interesting.

sixstringsteve

Man if you got that done in an hour you are very efficient!

x2 Looking good. I love build threads that move along quickly, I'm not a patient guy.

IMG_0545_zps0c9b9425.jpg

Your chassis looks a lot like the one sitting next to it. Are they brothers?

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Same styling that car is just way bigger in every way. My car is being built for promod class Werock events and we are building that one for ultra 4/dirt riot events. Same cars just different purposes. It's fun building 2 cars side by side we really
Feed off of each other's designs.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I hate mounting seats!!!! They always take way longer than they should. With that being said I got my seats mounted last night and started to bend up my subframe. My subframe will be about 10-11" deep. Does this sound to deep? I also ordered all the material for my 7075 alumium links.... Ill post up pictures tonight

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
When I was doing mine, I drew it out at 12" which looked good and allowed a ton of room... but when I built it, it just looked horrible and stole too much ground clearance. It actually looked like a fat belly under there so I cut it out and changed it up. I ended up with 8-9" by raising the motor/trans up a little more. I'm glad I did, it made a big difference for being such little change in numbers.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
When I was doing mine, I drew it out at 12" which looked good and allowed a ton of room... but when I built it, it just looked horrible and stole too much ground clearance. It actually looked like a fat belly under there so I cut it out and changed it up. I ended up with 8-9" by raising the motor/trans up a little more. I'm glad I did, it made a big difference for being such little change in numbers.

I can probably get it into the 9" range but the atlas will be right against the bottom of my seats.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I can probably get it into the 9" range but the atlas will be right against the bottom of my seats.

I hear ya, it's a tight fit. Here's how I dealt with it... but I'm slightly clocked, not completely flat. But the case is still right up under my seats. I do have a little bit of a rake on the seats so the fronts clear it better (and it's comfy).

http://www.rme4x4.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=61861&d=1299392127

http://www.rme4x4.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=61860&d=1299392127

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Well after some pretty crude drivetrain mock up I have decided to run my Subframe at 9" I could probably squeeze another inch out of it but at some point its just not worth the extra work involved. I got the subframe all bent up and notched and a few other small gussets done as well

D

Deleted member 12904

This is looking really nice. Great job on the chassis

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Get this thing done soon so you can have something to run the tough stuff with me! Your JK can only take so much fender flare abuse

wheelewagon

Umm... Were you high or stupid drunk working on this thing??? You need to cut all of those bends out and make it all miter cuts. Also A shit load more back rake to the from the chassis to the roof line. And lastly It needs A triple B pillar. I think you'll be way happier with that. Your welcome:rofl:

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I got my subframe busted out along with starting the front tube work on the chassis, I threw on an old hood just for kicks the actual hood I will be running will be 2" wider in the rear. Many of you will recognize the look I decided to go this route due to the fact after spending alot of time behind the wheel of past buggies with this front end visibility was amazing and I think The narrow hood looks really cool..... :)

Sorry for the lame instagram filter