Just another run of the mill Buggy build

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
X2. I love the slope of the hood too

After riding in so many vehicles and buggies with flat hoods I didnt realize how much visibility you really give up. Sitting in this thing is crazy I can see the ground like 2 feet (clearly an exaggeration) in front of the buggy. The visibility in this buggy is AMAZING!!!

mesha

By endurance we conquer
After riding in so many vehicles and buggies with flat hoods I didnt realize how much visibility you really give up. Sitting in this thing is crazy I can see the ground like 2 feet (clearly an exaggeration) in front of the buggy. The visibility in this buggy is AMAZING!!!

Exactly why I am planning on a periscope for my buggy.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Yeah lol, Davy hasn't even seen it. And a science teacher would probably over complicate the whole build process .

Chevycrew

I
So this motor came out of a truck that had a manual trans, i rounded up a flexplate but I dont have the bolts. Are flex plate bolts anything special or can I just run grade 8 bolts?

Wait what? The 4.3L from chicken77? That was an auto, flex plate and bolts should have been in the box.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Wait what? The 4.3L from chicken77? That was an auto, flex plate and bolts should have been in the box.

Yeah I thought he said it was a manual, I may have to go dig through the boxes and find out exactly what parts I have. Thanks for the heads up!

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I didnt get a lot of time to work on the buggy this weekend but I finished my trans mount, got my windshield spreaders done and started my door bars. I also started cutting/narrowing my axles.

Here is the difference in a regular 60 and my pro rock 60:

windshield spreaders:

Doors:

For my door should I run a tube from the bottom of the wing window to the bottom of the b pillar and call it good or does it need more triangulation than that?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I think one tube going to the B pillar is sufficient...that's what I had on my last one. BUT, my rocker panel tube did bend up in the middle from smacking it on stuff, so take that into consideration.

STAG

On my grind
Do that one tube as you say, and then run another horizontal tube on the bottom tube as a "rock slider" design to keep that bottom tube protected.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Add some 4" nerf bars like everyone used to run on old jeeps. You can even get chrome ones!