FMF Q-stealth silencer
stock head
green power valve spring
Jetting:
168 main
38 pilot
stock needle 2nd clip from top
50:1 fuel

4CS forks and shock re-valve by Notch Peak in Delta.

Running Warp 9 wheels, Dunlop MX52s, bib front/tube rear.
GPR stabilizer and misc. other add-ons.

ricsrx

Paul
thanks for the offer, I knew I should have waited for RME replies to come in.

I took it to the shop next to my house (ride hard, the dude used to work for Lindsay) the cylinder needs to be plated and they are sending it out, he said the cost would not be over 250.
he said it looked like the top end may have been done a couple of time already and cylinder was due for plating, I don't remember the numbers but the ring gap was way over, so I will get a new piston as well.

there was a lot of carbon on the power valve but not to much on the piston.

the head looked like new

thanks again for all the replies!

Last edited:

Vonski

nothing to see here...
This is very low-tech, but may be of interest to some... Anyway, for those of you with linkage rear suspension and taking your shock off often, there isn't quite enough room to fit it out the right side (assuming you have the silencer off and disconnected from the linkage and frame). Cut an approx. 2" semi-circle as shown and it'll fit through without having to removed the plastic. Not a big difference, but a little quicker and less dis-assembly.

Attachments

• shockfit.jpg
    shockfit.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 15

Caleb

This is very low-tech, but may be of interest to some... Anyway, for those of you with linkage rear suspension and taking your shock off often, there isn't quite enough room to fit it out the right side (assuming you have the silencer off and disconnected from the linkage and frame). Cut an approx. 2" semi-circle as shown and it'll fit through without having to removed the plastic. Not a big difference, but a little quicker and less dis-assembly.

That's a great tip. The biggest (maybe only?) disadvantage to the linkage suspension, IMO, is the ease of maintenance (or lack of). The PDS is two bolts and it's out, this tip makes it a bit easier for the linkage folks. :)

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Can I have some clerification on the power valve springs? They come in what colors? What is the order of stiffness?

Mine has white paint, but they don't come in white, right?

rholbrook

Green is mild
Yellow is in the middle
Red is wild

My understanding was that white was between yellow and red but that they stopped making it.

I finally put the red spring in mine yesterday and went 3 turns in from all the way out. There is a total of 6 turns available so it was in the middle. I wasn't on a ride that was a real test of whether I would line it or not but I'm going to leave it in for a bit

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Edit: By changing the secondary (red/yellow/green) spring to a softer spring, it allows the power valve to fully open faster, this make the power deliver snappier

here's a good video I found

[video=youtube;p30NBTvr1lg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p30NBTvr1lg[/video]

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
All the way out is going to create less tension on the spring, all the way in is going to put more tension on it. My disclaimer here is that I have never really played with the PV other than putting the red spring in it and leaving the adjustment where it was when I bought the bike, but with more tension, it is going to have to be at a higher rpm to make it open. My brain says this going to be smoother power than if it opens sooner with less tension. I know Tyson and James will call BS, but i ride my bike mostly in the mid range unless it is just a flat out open stretch or I am pushing to get past somebody. When I watch my GoPro footage I think it always sounds like I am going slow.

Cascadia

Undecided
I won't call bs on that one. You gave me pointers when I first got my 300 not knowing what to expect. I was nervous about having to be on the pipe all the time but that has not been the case. I imagine I ride like you just 2 gears lower. ;)

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I won't call bs on that one. You gave me pointers when I first got my 300 not knowing what to expect. I was nervous about having to be on the pipe all the time but that has not been the case. I imagine I ride like you just 2 gears lower. ;)
I did not know KTM had a lower gear than 1st.