maddies drive way 1 ton rover build

zukijames

first for those who dont know maddie is my girlfriend she loves wheeling and its time for her to have her own rig

she moved to moab with me even though she had never been there.. and never really wheeled and neither had I

alot of people are rude to her and think she doesn't know what she's doing.

they wont let her spot will ignore her.. and if they finally listen they make it right up!

here is a video of her driving, also her hero geroge breakall going up escalator ,
[video=youtube_share;39B8VMy0eHI]http://youtu.be/39B8VMy0eHI[/video]

this is a very low budget build with very few tools, time , ect

i've been working in ogden and then had surgery so i haven't been much help but she's doing great .

the plan is build this. she will get some fabrication experience and some time behind the wheel. then when it blows up put the axles and suspension under something else.

plans..
stock 4.0 v8
stock auto tranny
stock t case
dodge kinpin 60 front with 35 spline stubs, 5.13's and a detroit
rear 14 bolt shaved a little with 5.13s and detroit
40 inch old school mtrs for now
112-116 wheel base not sure yet
wishbone 3 link rear
3 link front with panhard
16 inch airshocks front and rear for now

3f83bab8.jpg

36a5c524.jpg

this was a great moment.. we cut 300 wires.. the first one we cut happened to be the fuel pump .. but we got it figured out
8066c66c.jpg

0b9e8c8b.jpg

0dd51635.jpg

Last edited:

zukijames

probably her's.. we have everything for it except full hydro and shes ordering that today ... i still need alot of parts and have not worked for 2 weeks and it will be another week before i can work again..

zukijames

building a rig together is a good relationship tester.. me standing there yelling at her telling her shes not doing it right was a big problem at the start but now im getting better and shes getting better at reading my mind

shes coming over tonight hopefully she will get some stuff done and will get some pictures posted of the progress

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
Im making it ........barley dosent help that we ahve been flooded with orders for parts and gear installs and sliders, not to mention finishing the buggy good times though

Venture13

Lady spending money on parts, WOW! My lady would say something about saving for retirement.. Good times, hope to see you guys at Moab this year.

Hey thanks guys i am working on it. I dont really know what i am doing so making one tube a huge process for me my angry eyes took me about three hours to make that small bend lol. It will be done soon.... i hope!!!

I need some wheels next because those axels are pretty heavy i cant really move them to get them in place any one got any 17" 8 lug on 6.5 i have been looking but cant seem to find any.

James thanks for making me sound more BA than I really am!

zukijames

last nights progress. she would have got more done but i needed a ride to springville to pick up some fans :)

i hobbled out and got some pics i think tonight im going to try to help her bend up a hoop for the back/top rail of bed area

bc2e0139.jpg

ef742ccd.jpg

3b909eaf.jpg

zukijames

if we were good with wiring and dared to tear out the stock dash this thing would look 1223423345 times better but we are just trying to get it done for now.

i know its going to be heavy but im curious to what it will weigh ..

aluminum v8.. doesn't weigh too much.. no dual cases..

hopefully it wont be as heavy as i was thinking.

otherwise she will be ditching her 35 spline stubs and have to fork out the$ for some rcvs :)

Last edited:

cjncustoms

You should be fine with 35spl stubs. I bet my rig is way heavier that that will be and mine are holding up just dandy;) looking forward too seeing this done!

if we were good with wiring and dared to tear out the stock dash this thing would look 1223423345 times better but we are just trying to get it done for now.

i know its going to be heavy but im curious to what it will weigh ..

aluminum v8.. doesn't weigh too much.. no dual cases..

hopefully it wont be as heavy as i was thinking.

otherwise she will be ditching her 35 spline stubs and have to fork out the$ for some rcvs :)

zukijames

Sweet glad to hear your 35 spline stubs are holding up!

Went and picked up some brackets today
From Carl (I lean)
He did great and they are exactly what I wanted
0db4ffca.jpg

Some for me some for her