March 16-17 mini wanna-be expedition: Rattlesnake --> Pony Express --> Little Sahara

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
I do have a home made bikini top I might try

But to sleep in the top will keep Molly and me warm and dry.

Last edited:

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Steve,

I'm pretty sure now about this trip... Do I need to email someone at BLM to get into Little Sahara for free (that info seems to have disappeared) or are they monitoring the thread?

sixstringsteve

sixstringsteve

My truck is all together and ready for its shakedown run. I'm looking forward to wheeling with you guys tomorrow night, it should be some fun times. Is anyone able to pick up a bundle or two of firewood?

I still have room for a passenger if anyone wants to tag along...

sixstringsteve

RastamanTy will be joining us as well. He's new to RME and the whole rockcrawling thing, so everyone make sure to make him and his two kids feel welcome.

sixstringsteve

if you plan on driving your rig on the sand dunes you'll need a big orange flag. You can buy them at the dunes, or you can get one from an ATV shop.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Good point Steve. I actually just thought about this this afternoon. Luckily I already have my flag ready to go. They are only about 10 bucks at an atv shop for one tall enough to mount on a Jeep bumper.

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
Today is the day! Not only am I excited to go out wheeling, but I m hitting up buffalo wild wings before we head out.

sixstringsteve

Ok, a few more updates. It costs $5 per vehicle per night to camp at simpson springs.

Amenities: 20 individual units with picnic tables, fire pits, and charcoal grills; vault toilets. Non-potable water available.

Regulations: No trash pick up, carry it out. No target shooting. No camping or parking outside designated campground sites without a Special Recreation Permit (SRP). Bring your own firewood.

Cost: $5.00 per campsite, per night. Limit 2 vehicles per site.

chans

It looks like I'm going to have to back out. Not only do I have to work tomorrow and miss the dunes but now I had something come up that I have to help with tonight.

pELYgroso

'Merica
I'm still in! Looks like it turned into a boys trip! My dad and brother, neither of which have been wheeling, are joining me in my 'runner! Got it registered yesterday!

redneckbronco

Steve, im hoping to be there for the night run for now. Will be in my Tracker with no gears or lockers, but run in last sunday and was more fun than in my Sammi but will only be in for the snakes. Next month tho i am definately doin one of the all nighters.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
so i assume you will be coming if you get off work before 8? I'm looking forward to seeing your new JK.

Yeah if I get out before 8:00 i'll head down and try to meet up with you guys. I'll miss out on Rattlesnake but really want to try out my new sleeping platform before next weekend.

Also, I posted this up in the U4WDA service project thread but thought I'd put it up here. Looks like some bad nasty weather heading our way, supposed to hit on Saturday.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/slc/wxbriefing/wxb15mar2012/player.html