Memorial Weekend in Moab

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
pumpkinbronc said:
We'll look for ya guys sunday morning. I cant say for sure the time, most of the guys with me usually drink it up saturday night so we might not get out there till around 9 or 10.
RN is a trail like Pritchett, and probably others, where the earlier you get there the better. The later it gets, the more people are on it in vehicles that they shouldn't be in and holding up everyone. It's a pretty short trail, but I've seen it take 8 hours to complete. One time I sat at the gate keeper for 4 hours waiting my turn, and finally gave up and went somewhere else.

pumpkinbronc

ONETONPUMPKIN
waynehartwig said:
RN is a trail like Pritchett, and probably others, where the earlier you get there the better. The later it gets, the more people are on it in vehicles that they shouldn't be in and holding up everyone. It's a pretty short trail, but I've seen it take 8 hours to complete. One time I sat at the gate keeper for 4 hours waiting my turn, and finally gave up and went somewhere else.

Thats allright I have headlights:D

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
pumpkinbronc said:
Thats allright I have headlights:D
:rofl: That's ok... There are a couple of places I would not want to be while relying on headlights...
moab%20-%20rusty%20nail%20090405%20024.jpg

Is one of them... Yes, that is a cliff to the drivers side....And yes, you do drive out on a rock ledge... ;)

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
pumpkinbronc said:
Looks like fun, in the dark or not, dont matter we'll do it.
:D It is a good time.. There are some places that you can make it as difficult as you want it. It's a solid 4-5+ trail, IMO. The first time I did it a couple of years ago, it was very difficult - technical. Last time it was pretty easy. People have winched in HUGE rocks to fill voids that once needed a lot of thought to get through, unless you wanted to roll. Still fun... Get to do the hard parts of the local trails in less time than doing the whole trails.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
greenjeep said:
You not planning on BFE with us on Sunday?

Crap. I want to do both at the same time!

We'll see what mood I'm in Sunday. I think I would still rather go out to BFE, since I've done the Rusty Nail pass so many times. :)

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
What are you going to run out at BFE? I'll have my son with me, so I'm not too sure I want to do anything to crazy... Plus, I will need to be able to drive my Rubicon home! :D

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Herzog said:
Crap. I want to do both at the same time!

We'll see what mood I'm in Sunday. I think I would still rather go out to BFE, since I've done the Rusty Nail pass so many times. :)

I'm game for either one, I've never run Rusty Nail or Area BFE. I just wanna wheel! :cool:

Greg

Admin
waynehartwig said:
What are you going to run out at BFE? I'll have my son with me, so I'm not too sure I want to do anything to crazy... Plus, I will need to be able to drive my Rubicon home! :D

I'm in the same boat, not the kid part but that I have to drive mine home.

thenag

man I should have been following this thread!

I will join you guys for pritchet on Sat. see you at 9am

I have to meet up with my friends at Eddy mcstiffs on sat at 8pm.

you guys just talked me out of mtn biking on sat.

big white and blue bronco

I want an RME sticker!

nag

Greg

Admin
thenag said:

I want an RME sticker!

nag

See you there Nathan! Both Herzog & I will have RME stickers with us. :cool:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Greg said:
See you there Nathan! Both Herzog & I will have RME stickers with us. :cool:

I'm in Price now. Heading toward Moab around 6:00 am tomarrow... and I forgot the freakin stickers in Magna! :eek: :eek:

Do you have enough with you?

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
thenag said:

I want an RME sticker!

nag
Glad to see your coming! :D
Did you bring a spare 10.25 pinion yoke? ;)