memorial weekend rme bbq

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I've got a cheap midland CB with an even cheaper magnet mount antenna from Walmart. I just mounted it and got it all hooked up in the TJ. In the past it has done just fine for trail riding I think if I actually tune the antenna it should do just fine. I'm going to hook up an external speaker to put on the floor so I can actually hear it better but like Steve said a cheap set up is better than no set up at all.

Sometimes I wish I had a vehicle with a real roof so I had a place to put my antenna but such is life with a TJ.

hardline90

Real rigs are built!
Well after a very long debate on what was going on for this weekend, it looks like I will be able to get to Moab this weekend after all, but will be missing the BBQ :( (Wife has to work) So beings my family will be the only ones going out of my usual group of wheelers, I am looking for good people to hook up with for trails. I am planning on the Friends of 4 Wheeling trip on Saturday (Pritchett Canyon). I have been wanting to wheel with Jeff and his group for some time now, but Sunday and Monday is open. My son was going down with the Low Range guys, (So I figured I would hang with them), but he still doesn't know if he is even going. So if anyone wouldn't mind a tag-a-long, let me know.

bradentaala

all the camp parks Iv called are full so Im still hopeing

You still looking for a camping spot? I reserved an RV hook up at Slickrock Campground, and we're putting tents on it. They said ~5 tents will fit...and right now it sounds like everyone that was going with me has backed out... :mad: Let me know if you're needing a place to set up camp. I'll be there from Thursday night to Monday evening.

eatrocks

You still looking for a camping spot? I reserved an RV hook up at Slickrock Campground, and we're putting tents on it. They said ~5 tents will fit...and right now it sounds like everyone that was going with me has backed out... :mad: Let me know if you're needing a place to set up camp. I'll be there from Thursday night to Monday evening.

I am coming down with gotsand and were are still looking for a place to stay 2 tents 3 bodys and a dog send me a PM or better yet call me 801 897 3043 is my cell and work is 435 753 2513 ask for Ken B

Last edited:

hardline90

Real rigs are built!
hardline your more than welcome to run what ever i end up running sunday and monday would be glad to have you along.

Thanks!!!!! I'll write down your number and give you a call. Are you going on the Pritchett run on Saturday? My number is: 801-473-3407

I called this morning and found an RV site at Moab Rim Campground. First place I called, so there are places still available.

big cherokee

a.r.c fabrication
mesha looks like there are a couple other guys looking for hard stuff on saturday to.

as for pritchett probly not saturday, ran it with them last year was a great group and my first time on that trail, so it was nice to be along with them.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
mesha looks like there are a couple other guys looking for hard stuff on saturday to.

as for pritchett probly not saturday, ran it with them last year was a great group and my first time on that trail, so it was nice to be along with them.

cool. I will be the ugly one with the cute kids at the BBQ

big cherokee

a.r.c fabrication
i will be walking around with a snap on hat on most likely.

well im headed out in about 2 hours

10 is the plan for kane creek meeting at the parking lot at pritchett. run kane take our time see whats up then on to the bbq. cant wait to be down there.

hope all your drives go good.

sixstringsteve

For those heading down tonight, be extra careful. THere's another wind advisory for southeast utah.

Here's the blurb from accuweather:

...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM MDT THIS EVENING...
A WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM MDT THIS EVENING.
* TIMING...FROM NOON THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH 9 PM THIS EVENING.
* WINDS...SUSTAINED SOUTHWEST TO WIND WINDS OF 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 45 MPH FAIRLY COMMON. PEAK WIND GUSTS TO 55 MPH CAN BE EXPECTED.
* VISIBILITY...LIMITED VISIBILITY FROM BLOWING DUST AND SAND WILL BE POSSIBLE ACROSS DESERT AREAS...ESPECIALLY SOUTHEAST UTAH INCLUDING INTERSTATE 70.
* IMPACTS...STRONG CROSSWINDS WILL MAKE TRAVEL DIFFICULT FOR HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES...ESPECIALLY ON NORTH SOUTH ROADS.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
A WIND ADVISORY MEANS THAT A SIGNIFICANT WIND EVENT IS EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. WINDS THIS STRONG CAN MAKE DRIVING DIFFICULT. USE EXTRA CAUTION.
PEOPLE...ESPECIALLY THOSE WITH RESPIRATORY ILLNESSES... HEART DISEASE...THE ELDERLY...AND CHILDREN ARE RECOMMENDED TO STAY INDOORS AND AVOID PROLONGED OUTDOOR EXERCISE OR HEAVY EXERTION DUE TO WIND-BLOWN DUST.​

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
The wind was pretty bad this morning but it seems to have calmed down a bit for now. Still, safe traveling everybody!