Mortgage Rates

Brad J

We locked in today on a 15 yr @ 3.25% with America First Credit Union. They said it may take 40 days to close due to the rates causing so much business. We have been with Bank of America (formerly Coutrywide) & love the idea of dealling only with AFCU now.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Were using a broker, provident mortgage. Its a friend of a friend. Could have went lower, even into 2.85 territory. But I didn't want to pay that much. We got a swinging deal, saved almost 700 dollars using the friend over the next closest credit union. I hate this crap though, always a better deal on the next horizon. Plus side is another friend is doing the title work, so hopefully more savings!
I figured it out and we want to move in hopefully 7-8 years. We would walk away with maybe 38 k at current prices on a 30 year at our current 4.625 rate. By switching to 15 year we get almost 100k and out payment only goes up 125 a month. Can't wait, built in saving plan!

nnnnnate

I need to bump this thread and ask for recommendations for mortgage lenders.

We're building in WVC and looking for a conventional but possibly jumbo mortgage. We expect to be ready to move in around Thanksgiving so if I understand it right we are close enough we can lock in an interest rate now. I've been watching rates fairly close the last 6 months and am a little bummed that they seem to have just passed 5% but whatever. I need to talk to a few people though to see whats up. We are wanting to be able to "recast" payments due to our semi-unique situation.

I searched for more recent threads and know its come up this year but didn't see them in the 5-10 minutes of looking I did.

Thanks.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I need to bump this thread and ask for recommendations for mortgage lenders.

We're building in WVC and looking for a conventional but possibly jumbo mortgage. We expect to be ready to move in around Thanksgiving so if I understand it right we are close enough we can lock in an interest rate now. I've been watching rates fairly close the last 6 months and am a little bummed that they seem to have just passed 5% but whatever. I need to talk to a few people though to see whats up. We are wanting to be able to "recast" payments due to our semi-unique situation.

I searched for more recent threads and know its come up this year but didn't see them in the 5-10 minutes of looking I did.

Thanks.
PM coming

UT410

On jack stands.
Premium Member
We used City Creek mortgage for both our first mortgage and the refinancing when the rates dropped lower.

They're on top of top of things and when when there was a hiccup in the refi, they made it right 100%.

We used another company for our rental (out of state) and their service rivalled City Creek. I assume that's the standard we should expect.

nnnnnate

Right on. These help me shop a little which I want. One of the two builders has a mortgage company that we did the construction loan through. We are going to look at his rates compared to what we see elsewhere and go from there.

Thanks.