My 86 toyota truggy build

NOTATOY

BACKYARD CUSTOMZ
frame plates... not sure if im going to keep them on there or not.

DSCF3342.jpg

extra frame supports never hurt, especially when you beat your truck like you do:D

choptopbII

Ryan- I was not planning on doing a sway bar, might do a rear suck down winch though :D

Good point on the frame supports, i havent welded them up yet but i probly will some time this week.

big cherokee

a.r.c fabrication
sweet kyle, i have been doing research for when i decide to make min a ohv vehicle and link it. just alot of people talking about sway with the airshocks, most deal with it but im sure a suck down will help it.

choptopbII

i havent got anything from ballistic yet so im kinda stuck, I might start working on the front end though... moving the steering box forward fixing my axle seal leak and
finishing building my bumpstops.

On second note i dont know if i wanna move my steering box yet, Full hydro steering might be one of the next things on the list. and the orbital will bolt right where the stock steering box mounts.... hmmmm

big cherokee

a.r.c fabrication
full hydro would be very fun, just think manual steering to full hydro it would probably be like a new truck especially with the rear linked.

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
what is your wheel-base going to be?
Im going to shorten my wheel-base a little (120 or 118), Im worried about dragging my bottom links everywhere. my bottoms are still going to be looong.

Last edited:

choptopbII

what is your wheel-base going to be?
Im going to shorten my wheel-base a little (120 or 118), Im worried about dragging my bottom links everywhere. my bottoms are still going to be looong.

im going to keep my 117'' wheelbase

keeping true with the 75% rule...

my lowers are going to be about 4 feet long and my uppers are going to be about 3ft long

another crappy thing about really long lower links is they are more susceptible to bending and dragging over stuff like you said. :-\

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
links

im going to keep my 117'' wheelbase

keeping true with the 75% rule...

my lowers are going to be about 4 feet long and my uppers are going to be about 3ft long

another crappy thing about really long lower links is they are more susceptible to bending and dragging over stuff like you said. :-\

Yeah the bending has me a little worried as well. Its a bit of a catch 22, The longer arms deffinitely help the anti squat & hopping on climbs. But they dont do much good bent in half though. If I shorten My w-b a little I think that would help a little.