My 86 toyota truggy build

choptopbII

Are you running it through a link calc before hand? Are you going to mock up the links first? Dual triangulated?? Whats your plans?

Havent run any numbers yet i just barely got all my parts from ballistic today so im going to start mocking everything up this week

Double Triangulated, 2'' .250 wall links 14'' airshocks, TG creeper joints. :)

started on the rear axle truss tonight but i think i might end up being to short....

choptopbII

got a little bit of work done tonight.

DSCF3368.jpg

DSCF3369.jpg

DSCF3371.jpg

NOTATOY

BACKYARD CUSTOMZ
Thats a lot like the sidekick. I am running the TG upper 4 link bracket, but upper ballistic frame side brackets with creeper joints. Let me know if you need anything:thumbs:

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
looks good! Are you planning to plate the rear truss down to the axle housing? I'm also a little curious on the lower link mount frame side why you didn't further center them for more triangulation, is their some clearence issues? I'm sure it will work fine either way

choptopbII

looks good! Are you planning to plate the rear truss down to the axle housing? I'm also a little curious on the lower link mount frame side why you didn't further center them for more triangulation, is their some clearence issues? I'm sure it will work fine either way

Thats about as far center as that x member will let me go. i might chop a little off the gussets to get the links a little more center.

i am planning to plate the rear truss on the front and on the back.

Thanks guys :cool:

R

rockdog

Didn't read your whole build thread so this might have already been asked. On the top link mounts on front, is there another plate that goes in them? Or do the joints run in single shear? If so, I'd change that.

choptopbII

Didn't read your whole build thread so this might have already been asked. On the top link mounts on front, is there another plate that goes in them? Or do the joints run in single shear? If so, I'd change that.

all the brackets are double shear i just havent fully welded anything up yet.

NOTATOY

BACKYARD CUSTOMZ
you should have let me know I had quite a few of the tabs you needed, by the way it looks like it should kick some waynes world a$$ now:D I can't wait to see it with the backhalf on it. Lookin good man:thumbs:

choptopbII

you should have let me know I had quite a few of the tabs you needed, by the way it looks like it should kick some waynes world a$$ now:D I can't wait to see it with the backhalf on it. Lookin good man:thumbs:

i was going to call you this weekend beacuse i need some shock tabs but i just stole some from clint.

BTW me and Clint pretty much finished this thing up yesterday waiting on my air shocks they will be here today.

choptopbII

Oh and i have an aluminum fuel cell at work that im just waiting to have some one weld up for me. but for now the stock tank will work. And i need throw some tube at that back half also.

DSCF3385.jpg

DSCF3386.jpg

DSCF3387.jpg

DSCF3388.jpg

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

ricsrx

Kyle, nice work!!! my flat bed made it up the fist step of WW but not the second, I want to know when your going to give it another try..