My kid put his papers in for a two year stint somewhere...guesses where???

cajack

It's a very interesting time. A growth experience for the kids as well as a growth experience for Mom and Dad. While it's great to have them come home in many ways they are never home again. School, work, marriage, kids. Life moves on. It is sad at what you will miss, but exciting to see what comes. Grand kids are great to enjoy for awhile and then send them home :) --- Wow, I'm sounding like an old man. LOL. Enjoy while you can. Life moves pretty fast.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
I want to thank everyone for their posts, this brought back some fond memories especially when my son Wane got home from his mission in Boise ID, 1984. He is now a proud husband, father Young Men's President.

pELYgroso

'Merica
Served in Indiana.... right next door. Have been into Ohio. Not much to say, other than the Midwest is VERY boring. :D
I served in Indiana as well! When did you serve? I was '03-'05.

Like he said, Midwest is fairly boring. I wouldn't ever want to live there, although I loved serving there. I was spanish speaking, so that made it interesting. Running into people from Kentucky is always interesting. It's a good place to serve, IMO.

Hot and humid in the summer and cold and humid in the winter.

Columbus is a nice city - not too big, not too small. I spent a few days there this year and enjoyed myself and the people. Rented some bicycles and rode around town. Good luck to him!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I served in Indiana as well! When did you serve? I was '03-'05.

Like he said, Midwest is fairly boring. I wouldn't ever want to live there, although I loved serving there. I was spanish speaking, so that made it interesting. Running into people from Kentucky is always interesting. It's a good place to serve, IMO.

Hot and humid in the summer and cold and humid in the winter.

'98-00.... I hated Indiana. :rofl: It's like I was punished for my sins by being sent there. Most of my time was in the.... uhh... less desirable parts. Started out in Martinsville. Talk about a s*#thole! :oops:

pELYgroso

'Merica
'98-00.... I hated Indiana. :rofl: It's like I was punished for my sins by being sent there. Most of my time was in the.... uhh... less desirable parts. Started out in Martinsville. Talk about a s*#thole! :oops:
Yeah, there were some pretty nasty areas. My favorite area was South Bend. Our house was a mile away from Notre Dame, so we would go running around the campus every morning. That was pretty cool.

Greg

Admin
Yeah, there were some pretty nasty areas. My favorite area was South Bend. Our house was a mile away from Notre Dame, so we would go running around the campus every morning. That was pretty cool.

I sure did enjoy walking around all the college's, lots of.... things to see. ;) I was in Martinsville, Anderson, Angola, Brownsburg and Marion.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert

Was there when Greg was, well 99-01. Seymour, Greencastle, Indy, Fishers, Peru, Franklin. College Campuses were cool, race tracks were cool, but I wasn't cut out to knock on doors all day. Long 2 years.

ID Bronco

Was there when Greg was, well 99-01. Seymour, Greencastle, Indy, Fishers, Peru, Franklin. College Campuses were cool, race tracks were cool, but I wasn't cut out to knock on doors all day. Long 2 years.

I was in Florida, so it's a little different but I loved tracting. I guess that's why I am in sales now.

Greg

Admin

Some of the best times I had in Indiana were urban & mountain biking trips, glad we were able to meet & ride out there Curt! :D

Houndoc

Spent a couple days in Columbus a couple years ago, actually surprised me. Felt safe walking down town and had probably the best steak of my life at a little place near the convention center.

And really, where ever the call, it seems to be a fantastic place to those who serve there (I guess except those who didn't like Indiana.)

My son is currently in Korea and daughter served in the Philippines. Being a missionary parent is awesome.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Congrats! I have been to Columbus for business a few times. Seems like a nice town. WAY cleaner than Cincinnati and Cleveland. I always enjoyed the days I spent in Columbus, but I was there for business not a mission. I am sure he will see a lot different side of the city than I did. I do remember it being a cleanish city, with some cool history.

Pile of parts

Spent a couple days in Columbus a couple years ago, actually surprised me. Felt safe walking down town and had probably the best steak of my life at a little place near the convention center.

And really, where ever the call, it seems to be a fantastic place to those who serve there (I guess except those who didn't like Indiana.)

My son is currently in Korea and daughter served in the Philippines. Being a missionary parent is awesome.

My nephew is in Korea. You'll have to give me your son's name and I'll see if they have crossed paths. My nephew's name is Nicholas Dalley if you want to ask your son.