My Next Project: 1965 Sunbeam Alpine

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
In the I hate my neighbor feed I really liked the discovery of meth on the property. Nothing better than a good raid.
This has been my thought for a long time. He's made a few comments about "getting back in his groove and getting work done" things like that. Then he disappears for a week or two without a trace. On the wagon then off again....for over a year now.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Just got this from John, from the upholstery guy:

Fwd:Tomorrow you should bring trailer I told you it would probably be ready tonight but not at a reasonable hour I Just urethaned some pieces in place and came home to try to finish working on Bill. I'll touch base with you later this evening but more than likely it will be about two or three-ish tomorrow.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Hey! Bite your tounge buddy! Bite your tounge.

Now about that bill. This could get interesting. Knowing this guy, I could easily see him asking for another $10k. John has already paid him $2k over the quoted price. I believe we’ve used up about $1k in authorized add on work. Maybe those are gold plated power points that he installed that took three weeks to do.

Last edited:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Who knows any more. Supposedly he pushed real hard when he knew John was going to be in town for Autorama. Then this weekend John may or may not have hinted that he was in town, so Andy pushed hard again. Then when John, "had to leave soon" it went radio silent. I have to guess that he just doesn't want to work with me. John was hoping to come up for real next weekend, but he said there's no way he's coming again until the car is at my place. He wants John to pick it up and when he loves it Andy will drop a BIG bill. As a side note, Andy asked john how much money he has given him. Andy had no idea!!!

Come to think of it, Carl has either been with me or was going to go with me to pick it up the last few tries. Something smells fishy here. I think Carl might be a mole.

pELYgroso

'Merica
I'm starting to wonder if the car is even there at all. When was the last time you or somebody with credibility actually saw it? This reminds me of a time when somebody strung me along like this, being super flaky to the point of me getting super mad, and then throwing me some sort of bone to get me excited and then being flaky again. I had to really look into the situation beyond just taking their word as the truth about what was going on, and I found out they never intended to deliver. Ultimately myself and many others got royally screwed. If I had looked deeper into the BS sooner, we wouldn't have been screwed so badly. Would it be worth having somebody calling him asking about work needed on a high-profile vehicle and scheduling, and wanting to take a look at his shop and the work he's currently working on? A sting operation of sorts?.....

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Who knows any more. Supposedly he pushed real hard when he knew John was going to be in town for Autorama. Then this weekend John may or may not have hinted that he was in town, so Andy pushed hard again. Then when John, "had to leave soon" it went radio silent. I have to guess that he just doesn't want to work with me. John was hoping to come up for real next weekend, but he said there's no way he's coming again until the car is at my place. He wants John to pick it up and when he loves it Andy will drop a BIG bill. As a side note, Andy asked john how much money he has given him. Andy had no idea!!!

Come to think of it, Carl has either been with me or was going to go with me to pick it up the last few tries. Something smells fishy here. I think Carl might be a mole.
I met a guy back in the mid 90's through a friend that did pretty incredible work......his name was Andy, but cannot recall what his last name was. He would be in his early 50's. Wonder if it is the same guy.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I'm starting to wonder if the car is even there at all. When was the last time you or somebody with credibility actually saw it? This reminds me of a time when somebody strung me along like this, being super flaky to the point of me getting super mad, and then throwing me some sort of bone to get me excited and then being flaky again. I had to really look into the situation beyond just taking their word as the truth about what was going on, and I found out they never intended to deliver. Ultimately myself and many others got royally screwed. If I had looked deeper into the BS sooner, we wouldn't have been screwed so badly. Would it be worth having somebody calling him asking about work needed on a high-profile vehicle and scheduling, and wanting to take a look at his shop and the work he's currently working on? A sting operation of sorts?.....
This has crossed our minds so many times. We've joked about it being in Mexico by now. This situation ways makes me think of Rock Logic and the scramble to get rigs out of there before the doors locked up. Last time we saw it was March 24th. There was notable progress at that point, but still a ways away.
My brother used to drive by the place often to try to drop in on him. If he was able to get in he would text me and I'd come running. He never got in the door.
Today I had a coworker call another number I found for him while doing some research. Went to voicemail. He was going to try to set up an appointment.

I believe it's still around here. Maybe he's just out joy riding it. I wish I had taken a picture of the odometer when I dropped it off. I was brand new and should show right around 20 miles on though. That's all I've driven it. So if it says 100 miles on it, we know somethings up.

I met a guy back in the mid 90's through a friend that did pretty incredible work......his name was Andy, but cannot recall what his last name was. He would be in his early 50's. Wonder if it is the same guy.
This could be the same guy. Digging a bit deeper on him today puts him in West Valley, West Jordan, and I think South Jordan too. Business address to all of those places. Makes me wonder if he gets complaints and shuts a business down and starts another one.

Anyways, John gave me the go ahead today to reach out to him again. I was very polite saying please and thank you.... and got a bit firmer by the second unanswered text. A few minutes after that I get a call from John saying Andy called him to ask him to have me stop texting him. He then told John that the reason it was delayed is because some blue tape he put on the rear window had left a residue that he was having trouble getting off. He then said it will be ready tomorrow. I just don't understand why he wouldn't say that to John yesterday instead of just ignoring us. Crazy!

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
This could be the same guy. Digging a bit deeper on him today puts him in West Valley, West Jordan, and I think South Jordan too. Business address to all of those places. Makes me wonder if he gets complaints and shuts a business down and starts another one.
When I met him he was working in West Valley........probably 1994/95 date range. He may have been working for somebody else at that time. If you have been around the AutoRama for any length of time, he did the interior on big black square body Chevy done by Scott Tuhl named Tazzy. He also did interior on a couple friends of mines 72 Chevy's. If it is the same guy, I agree that he does incredible work, but it seems that he has gotten pretty flaky.