Nate's crappy 93 XJ

Nate's crappy 93 XJ "Snowflake/Ice Princess"

Owners Name & City- Nate, West Jordan, UT

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle- Stripped-down 1993 Jeep Cherokee Country buggy thingy

Engine- 4.0L, HD motor mounts

Transmission- Aisin Warner 4-Speed auto, gear selection switches, big tranny cooler

T-Case- NP231, stock

Axles - HP Dana 30 front w/4.88 gears, Aussie locker, Torq-Masters Chromo shafts with JK joints
-Chrysler 8.25 rear w/4.88 gears, Aussie locker, Riddler diff cover, shaved a bit

Suspension- 3" coils + 2" spacers in the front w/custom 3-link mid-arm, center limit strap, hockey puck bumpstop extensions; stock leaf packs in the rear with additional springs added (7 total) + lift shackles, homebuilt traction bar

Wheels and Tires- 35x12.5r17 Maxxis short course stickies on Raceline Beadlocks

Winch- Guys pulling on a strap usually does it

Favorite Trails- Hell's Revenge, The Maze, Green Day, Nasty Half, Sliplock, Pritchett

Other- Cut in half; power steering cooler; Custom heim steering & tracbar; JCR skid plate; RCI Race cell with Walbro pickups; LED rock lights; Unibody stiffeners; custom boat-sides & bumpers

1-ejs09.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
the 33's haven't been holding you back at all. I agree, stick with the 33's and keep it cheap and reliable. Your driving skills make up for anything you might be lacking in tire size.

thanks again. driver skill and the complete and utter disregard for body panels and windows will take you a lot of places.

N-Smooth

got the bumper done early last week and got everything "ready" for moab. the bumper worked awesome down there! i am loving the extra clearance!
bumperdone.jpg

i also decided to borrow a trailer and tow my jeep down there since i have a truck now. my love for my ram deepens as time goes on... it towed the jeep great. you will notice i also painted my wheels white because i thought it would be neato and separate my jeep from my other two friends' white xj's with black wheels and the same tires -_-
tow2.jpg

we ran hell's revenge on friday and everything went awesome except i could not get out of mickey's hot tub for the life of me. there was this nasty mud in the bottom that was filling my tread and rejecting me over and over. i reluctantly took the strap.
right after hell's we headed for area BFE to run green day. it was a blast even though this happened...
photo2.JPG
photo1.JPG

got a crappy video of the roll from my nephew's ipod touch: http://youtu.be/8Ign5xOJYoI

all that was damaged was my little motorcycle mirror. it was destroyed so i'll have to get another one. we used a strap on the b pillar to pull it upright. i pulled the plugs in case any oil got in the cylinders and fired it and barely got any vapor but it's good to be careful anyways. put the plugs back in and it fired right up. used another strap to pull it forward and we were on our way.

saturday we ran pritchett. chewy was a real jerk and we all had to get a b pillar strap at the top. other than that everything went fine. we all did rocker knocker for the first time since the last couple times we were rushed. what a fun obstacle!

sunday we ran fins and things cause my buddy wanted to and it gave me the opportunity to teach my 13 y/o nephew to drive. it was my first time teaching someone to wheel that doesn't even have their driver's license but he did great once he got over the initial nervousness. he drove the first half of fins and loved it. then we had lunch and headed home. pulling my jeep onto the trailer after a few days of abusing it sure was a great feeling and the drive home was very relaxing.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's great to see someone wheeling their rig to its limit I love that you've proved that you don't need 42" tires to have fun.

N-Smooth

He must have you mistaken for me. Very similar looking rigs. In very similar looking spots.

i was wondering if he was referring to you. there are like a billion white xj's out there. they do look similiar... except your rig is nice :D

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
You have just convinced me to keep my 33's and wheel what I have. Thanks. It's awesome to see your pretty stock rig tackle such tough trails. Keep it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N-Smooth

thanks for the compliment. it does well for what it is and keeps me entertained and happy. that's why i wheel.

the dirty looks i get from some buggy guys with their high-dollar rigs can be irritating at times but then i just laugh it off.

You have just convinced me to keep my 33's and wheel what I have. Thanks. It's awesome to see your pretty stock rig tackle such tough trails. Keep it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N-Smooth

went snow wheeling to RS on saturday and slid into a tree... I now have a Hi-def rear window :rofl:

window.jpg

N-Smooth

Got a new wheeling buddy on monday... it's crazy
image.jpg

I did manage to clean out this disaster today when I had a few minutes to spare. I replaced the window a couple weeks ago with a spare that I had.
image.jpg

It's going to be a crazy couple months leading up to EJS. Gotta build a cage with the new bender and finally build my 3 link midarm.

N-Smooth

Made the passenger-front door removable just like the driver door. I've always wondered what the doors weigh so I weighed it and it is 58 pounds! I still need to make the back doors removable too. Once I get the cage done I expect I will be leaving the doors off quite a bit
image.jpg

N-Smooth

Mar 27-31 (wed-sun)

I don't do the RR4W trail runs so I just work around them

Rough schedule
Wed: Hell’s Revenge
Thurs: Moab Rim or Steel Bender
Fri: Triple Threat or Rusty Nail- leaning towards RN
Sat: Was planning on Area BFE but it will be closed so I'll have to figure something else out
Sun: Behind the Rocks, Cliffhanger or Metal Masher

We always fill in the gaps with other trails