New favorite toy

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
So I bought the yellow 2.0 today at Smith and Edwards in WJ. I was expecting better performance. I can tag flies from 12 inches and they still fly away. I know I hit them because there is a salt ring where they were standing but it didn't do enough damage to them to incapacitate them. As such, I'm starting to dive into the net to figure out how to hop it up.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Let me know what you find about hop-ups. I have great luck with 6" or less range.

You can shoot into a piece of aluminum foil, to get a good idea on what the pattern and power looks like at different ranges.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Let me know what you find about hop-ups. I have great luck with 6" or less range.

You can shoot into a piece of aluminum foil, to get a good idea on what the pattern and power looks like at different ranges.

This one looked promising but petered out. I'm going to buy some kosher salt tonight. Partly because we didn't have much salt in the house and partly because that site says its "sharper" so it might do more damage. The other thing I think I'll do is take out the safety. I tried to get Eli to shoot it but he couldn't pull the trigger. Bummer for him but it did get him to stop begging to try it out.

I did shoot a few off my leg earlier. My wife walked out while a fly was on my calf and I was aiming at it. She said "isn't that going to hurt a lot?" I said that's why I haven't shot it yet. lol. I adjusted the barrel position to get the fly on the horizon and then got him. Then laughed.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
This one looked promising but petered out. I'm going to buy some kosher salt tonight. Partly because we didn't have much salt in the house and partly because that site says its "sharper" so it might do more damage. The other thing I think I'll do is take out the safety. I tried to get Eli to shoot it but he couldn't pull the trigger. Bummer for him but it did get him to stop begging to try it out.

I did shoot a few off my leg earlier. My wife walked out while a fly was on my calf and I was aiming at it. She said "isn't that going to hurt a lot?" I said that's why I haven't shot it yet. lol. I adjusted the barrel position to get the fly on the horizon and then got him. Then laughed.

Just glue or put a small screw to keep the thumb safety pushed forward. It does not need to reset between shots.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Early this year I installed a door closer on my back door so it would shut when kids would have left it open. Haven't had a fly problem since

This thread really makes me want to prop the door open for a couple days to justify an Amazon purchase

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
OK, new info here.
I grabbed the salt gun yesterday but it was out of salt for the season, you know, clean, lube, store.
When a particularly juicy target showed up I had to get the weapon on-line fast, so I grabbed the closest ammo I could find.
That was "Real Salt", some yuppy, hi falutin salt (that I like). OMG. half the spread, better accuracy, better kill ratio. I even smeared a wasp with it.
It's a really fine grain salt which is most likely the reason for it's effectiveness, but I'm going to go with the ancient minerals.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
OK, new info here.
I grabbed the salt gun yesterday but it was out of salt for the season, you know, clean, lube, store.
When a particularly juicy target showed up I had to get the weapon on-line fast, so I grabbed the closest ammo I could find.
That was "Real Salt", some yuppy, hi falutin salt (that I like). OMG. half the spread, better accuracy, better kill ratio. I even smeared a wasp with it.
It's a really fine grain salt which is most likely the reason for it's effectiveness, but I'm going to go with the ancient minerals.

Its not yuppy salt! Its the best damn tasting salt there is. Its scooped right out the ground down here in Redmond Utah. Ozzy Osborne toured it on his tv show recently. Glad to hear its equally as deadly as it is tasty. I dont know if i can stand to waste it shooting flys. My yuppy coworker wont eat it because of the different colored minerals in it.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I just ordered the 3.0 so I can leave one in my Land Cruiser all the time. Excited to see if it is better than my Lawn and Garden one. The green Lawn and Garden is WAY better than the regular one.