Votes: 21 21.6%
  • BFGoodrich Muds

Votes: 13 13.4%
  • Super Swamper TSL

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • Other, please list...

Votes: 27 27.8%

• Total voters
Love my TSL's!! Got them used and have beat the life out of them, never gotten a flat or ripped the sidewall (knock on wood), and they are still kicking butt in the mountains, the snow and on the rocks.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
mwmx54 said:
i'm thinkin mtr's maybe muds.

If you're talking BFG muds, I've never ran them but my buddies have, and they didn't hook up near as well on anything compared to my MTRs. And they're louder on the road, but I don't know how long they last compared to MTRs.

sbr said:
I am probabley going with the truxas mt's they are by far the best allaround tire I have tried. I have seen to many split sidewalls om mtr's

I've never personally seen a split MTR. BFG muds, on the other hand... :eek:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
mwmx54 said:
im not gonna lie, i got the creepies used with more than 80% left and they lasted a little less than 2000 miles. now im back to square one. im thinkin mtr's maybe muds.

Thats sad. What a waste of a great off-road tire. I don't think anyone would have told you they would last very long on the street.

What was your experience with the Creepies?, just curious cuz I am pondering putting some on my CJ7 which sees limited road use. I have 35 MTRs on there now.

They were awesome. My only problem was that they were so much stickier, taller, and heavier than my 37" MTR's that I REALLY started going through front shafts with them. I had to get into alloys for my 44 to even make it through a trail without taking a shaft out. Once I started pushing my rig a little more, the MTR's just weren't cutting it---well actually they were cutting and that was the problem. I went through 3 tires in the last couple months I had them and that was too much for me. From what I've heard, only one creepy crawler has lost a sidewall and that was Jake and I guess he ran into a tree at like 45 or something jake-like like that.

Cody

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
DevinB said:
...I've never personally seen a split MTR. BFG muds, on the other hand... :eek:

Ditto, though I havn't really noticed a big BFG problem either. I'd guess about 1/2 of the rigs in our Cruiser club run MTR's, and would run them again next time, I know I plan to.

I don't think they are a great tire for DD use (compared to say an all terrain tread like the Big Horn, BFG At, Wrangler AT, etc), and they are going to wear out quick on heavy rigs.

Krawler

I've got 37" MT/R's on my TJ and they've done great for me, there the first set of 37's i've had though so maybe a different tire would perform better.

Houndoc

Brett said:
Already got what I want.....BF Goodrich All Terrains :p

I have to second that one. Good for all types of conditions, decent on the highway as well. Will probably jump up a size now with the lift (255/85R 16??).

mwmx54

cody said:
Thats sad. What a waste of a great off-road tire. I don't think anyone would have told you they would last very long on the street.
i didnt think it hooked up good at all! i ran 15 psi, **** for traction, i have run a/t's with better, i dont want to bag on maxxis, there tires are the only way to go for motocross. but i was definately not satisfied. and of course i spend much more time offroad than on the street.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
Looking at a new set of BFG ats for the truck, Micky's MTZ for the jeep. I'm supprised more people have not voted for the Toyo MT. I have seen a ton of rigs out there with them.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
mwmx54 said:
i didnt think it hooked up good at all! i ran 15 psi, **** for traction, i have run a/t's with better, i dont want to bag on maxxis, there tires are the only way to go for motocross. but i was definately not satisfied. and of course i spend much more time offroad than on the street.

15 psi? No kidding. I wouldn't expect them to do very well at that pressure. I ran them at 6 and 4 (front and rear) on my 4000 lb rig.

Cody

Brad

The artist formerly known as Redrock5.9
Guess I have to go with MTRs, they're streetable but wear like cheese if you don't regularly rotate or check PSI though. I've treated this set much better than my last and I expect to get 30K+ miles out of them.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
For my Expedition I'm going with either BFG AT's or a set of Dick Cepek Fun Country II's had Procraps MT's on it and they were done after about 14,000 miles... had nothing but troubles with them.... course the fact that my expedition weighs in at almost 7000 lbs its a wonder...

For the CJ-7 I have 32x11.50x15 BFG AT's that work great for it... drop the pressure down to 8 and they rock for the jeep...

For the cherokee I have 31x10.50x15 BFG AT's and they work great for that vehicle too!

I would love to hear anyones stories about the Cepek FC II's if they have one...

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
judging from what i saw yesterday at the rock crawl... stay far far aways from Mickey Thompsons.... they had little to no grip on the vertical obsticles... my $.02 on what not to spend your money on i guess....

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
What type?

SAMI said:
judging from what i saw yesterday at the rock crawl... stay far far aways from Mickey Thompsons.... they had little to no grip on the vertical obsticles... my $.02 on what not to spend your money on i guess....

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Jay5.9L said:
What type?

these ones....:D

attachment.php

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
mwmx54 said:
im not gonna lie, i got the creepies used with more than 80% left and they lasted a little less than 2000 miles. now im back to square one. im thinkin mtr's maybe muds.

Aren't you the one with the bent axle housing? That will certainly affect tire wear to a large degree.