Obama is way ahead...

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
Like I said elsewhere... 2010 will be the next chance to change things up. Just like we did in 94... Focus people!!!! Hopefully, not too much damage will be done in the next two years.

kowe69

wannabe
I've never seen a bigger bunch of cry babies in my whole life! Do you people honestly think that the state of the country that Bush left us in is that great? Do you really think that McCain would have made it any better? I think your all delusional! :rolleyes:

Cherokeester

Obama quote:
Obama states, “I believe that global warming is not just the greatest environmental challenge facing our planet – it is one of the greatest challenges of any kind. It is an issue that we ignore at our peril and at even greater peril for our children, grandchildren, and many impoverished global populations. Combating global warming will be a top priority of my presidency, and I will attend to it personally.”

From Popular Mechanics Magazine:Taken directly from Obama's environment plan.

a.) "Restore the strength of the Clean Air Act."

b.) "Establish policies to improve the quality of the nation's lakes, rivers and drinking water."

c.) "Set tough pollution limits for livestock operations, including limits on nitrogen, phosphorus, hydrogen sulfide, ammonia and other pollutants."

d.) Regarding water scarcity issues in the West: "Federal policies are needed to encourage voluntary water banks, wastewater treatment and other market-based measures; improve technology for water conservation and efficiency; and remove institutional barriers to increase cooperation and collaboration among federal, state, tribal, and private organizations.

e.) "Reduce health risks due to mercury pollution."

f.) "Restore the strength of the Superfund program by requiring polluters to pay for the cleanup of contaminated sites they created."

g.) "Prioritize the stewardship of our forests, wetlands, and other natural treasures."

h.) "Set aside new wilderness areas, establish stronger policies to deter international deforestation and improve domestic timberlands, and encourage communities to enhance local greenspace, wildlife and conservation areas."
If you don't think land issue change is coming you have your head in the sand.

Last edited:

Cherokeester

I've never seen a bigger bunch of cry babies in my whole life! Do you people honestly think that the state of the country that Bush left us in is that great? Do you really think that McCain would have made it any better? I think your all delusional! :rolleyes:

Yep, Bush was the only one to vote on ANY issue in the last 8 years.:eek:

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
But McCain wasn't supported and praised by this nation's enemies! NOBODY truly knows WHO Obama really is, the media didn't do their JOB finding this out. They were completely in the tank for O. Polls were still open in 2/3s of the country and Katie Couric was already saying there was no chance for McCain to win... Is that fair and impartial journalism?

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
So you want socialized health care too? Go talk to a veteran that has to get their health care through the VA. Ask them how long it takes to get an appointment, and the quality of their care. That is what health care run by the US government looks like. I don't want that. I'm perfectly happy with my private health insurance where I can go to a doctor with no notice, get world-class health care, and pay a small copay.

This is what scares me. I have personally seen the bull crap my Dad has had to go through. Different doctors all the time, scheduling appointments months in advance, appointments for no reason other than to get the new doctor caught up on years of documented problems, and round and round he goes. Seeing the amount of paperowrk and BS he has to go through breaks my heart. I very much prefer the system I have now, I get to choose my doctor, I can get an appointment this afternoon or tomorrow if I need, and yes, I have to pay a copay, but I'll gladly pay with a smile on my face because I know how bad my dad (and all our veterans) have it with government run health care.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor

Did Bush personally make it that bad. The mortgage crisis and fuel costs were going to happen regardless, remember Congress has been demo controlled for the last two years, they are equally as guilty for the lead up of both those issues. I don't think the country is in that bad of shape. I think the media hyped it up to support "Change and Hope" and "Hope and Change" :rofl:

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Like I said elsewhere... 2010 will be the next chance to change things up. Just like we did in 94... Focus people!!!! Hopefully, not too much damage will be done in the next two years.

Gonna be a long 2 years.....

Plus, I actually look forward to giving away my hard earned money to lazy liberal idiots.:ugh:

Cherokeester

Did Bush personally make it that bad. The mortgage crisis and fuel costs were going to happen regardless, remember Congress has been demo controlled for the last two years, they are equally as guilty for the lead up of both those issues. I don't think the country is in that bad of shape. I think the media hyped it up to support "Change and Hope" and "Hope and Change" :rofl:

Agreed, we can thank Harry "a-hole" Reid and Nanci "f'n" Pelosi for a lot of those problems.

JackKeslerCustoms

I haven't had time to read this entire thread, but I watched last night, and I can't say I'm dissapointed. The one point on here that everyone should agree on is that now is the time to take notice, and take appropriate action. Get invloved, get informed, and do everything you can to advance your interests. I'm optimistic. Someone made the comment a while ago that they thought the worst thing he could do was be a bad president for 4 years. If that's the popular opinoin, it should end there. Your never going to get a government that you agree with all the time, and especially on this board I think it is time to get invloved (If your not already) in things like land use, Gun laws, and any other issues you feel may be threatened.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I think your all delusional! :rolleyes:

We're not the ones trying to figure out how to get our 3 foot lifted Blazer out of the garage.. :ugh:

It will be interesting to see how things are run with all the Dems in power positions..

But man am I glad the campaigns are over...

BTW.. I highly agree with the idea of voting against a candidate rather than voting for any of them.

EROK81?

Sell out
Obama quote:
Obama states, “I believe that global warming is not just the greatest environmental challenge facing our planet – it is one of the greatest challenges of any kind. It is an issue that we ignore at our peril and at even greater peril for our children, grandchildren, and many impoverished global populations. Combating global warming will be a top priority of my presidency, and I will attend to it personally.”

From Popular Mechanics Magazine:Taken directly from Obama's environment plan.

a.) "Restore the strength of the Clean Air Act."

b.) "Establish policies to improve the quality of the nation's lakes, rivers and drinking water."

c.) "Set tough pollution limits for livestock operations, including limits on nitrogen, phosphorus, hydrogen sulfide, ammonia and other pollutants."

d.) Regarding water scarcity issues in the West: "Federal policies are needed to encourage voluntary water banks, wastewater treatment and other market-based measures; improve technology for water conservation and efficiency; and remove institutional barriers to increase cooperation and collaboration among federal, state, tribal, and private organizations.

e.) "Reduce health risks due to mercury pollution."

f.) "Restore the strength of the Superfund program by requiring polluters to pay for the cleanup of contaminated sites they created."

g.) "Prioritize the stewardship of our forests, wetlands, and other natural treasures."

h.) "Set aside new wilderness areas, establish stronger policies to deter international deforestation and improve domestic timberlands, and encourage communities to enhance local greenspace, wildlife and conservation areas."
If you don't think land issue change is coming you have your head in the sand.

Wow, looks like it is really high on his priority list as well. Not to mention global warming is one of the MANY problems this country is already facing.

I am pretty sure Obama isn't thinking; hmm...what should I do today. Let's see, there is a war, most of the world hates us, our economy sucks, etc, etc, etc. Oh I know, I'll close some land in Utah. That sounds good. Those other problems can wait.

:-\

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I wonder where Escalante was on Clinton's list of things to do. :rolleyes:

Also troubling is Obama's more urgent desire to ban guns. That troubles me.

EROK81?

Sell out
I wonder where Escalante was on Clinton's list of things to do. :rolleyes:

Also troubling is Obama's more urgent desire to ban guns. That troubles me.

Obviously closer to the top. ;)

Not to mention, things were in better shape back then. Obviously, he even had time to bone interns. That isn't quite the case now a days.

And I don't care if Obama is president, there is no chance in hell he'd get all guns banned in the US. No way.

Last edited: