OKADVENTURES GX470 Build

I joined the GXOR family . I picked up my 2008 Lexus GX470 in Dallas, TX and brought it back home to Oklahoma City, OK.

Details of the rig:
-130,000 miles
-TB/WP, Front Brakes, Radiator, and Alternator were all replaced within the past 5K miles. (Update: TB/WP done incorrectly, had to have it redone 10/28/2021!)
-lifetime Texas vehicle, so no rust at all.
-No wrecks
- Airbags work perfect

Got it home and already did the first mod: running boards removed. Hopefully much more work to be done in the coming months/years.

I have been working on this build for about 6 months so over the coming weeks I'll be catching this build thread up to where we are now!

Follow the build on YouTube and Facebook:
OK Adventures on YouTube
OKADVENTURESGX on Facebook

Day of purchase:
3.jpg
As she sits now:
1646754338401.png

Last edited:
Is is common practice to pimp one's page on a bunch of websites to get views or followers on Youtube? I'm not a social media guru, just curious if this is how followers are garnered?
It is one of the ways that I have thought of to share my YouTube channel with more people. I am sure once a channel gets a following it grows organically, but mine is still pretty new so I am doing everything I can to increase exposure.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Call me skeptic, but

Considering all the build videos, the upgrades, the product placement, and the lack of actual use of the vehicle, I'm guessing the end of this infomercial will be an ad for the sale of said vehicle, either here or elsewhere.

If not, I humbly apologize

Frieed

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Call me skeptic, but

Considering all the build videos, the upgrades, the product placement, and the lack of actual use of the vehicle, I'm guessing the end of this infomercial will be an ad for the sale of said vehicle, either here or elsewhere.

Frieed
Naw, @ID Bronco's got it. His goal here is to drive traffic to his social media sites.

Call me skeptic, but

Frieed
Yeah, I am not planning on selling my GX anytime soon! I just am sharing the upgrades I am doing and like you all have stated, I want to more people to see my videos that I put a lot of effort into. As for not getting out with my rig much, you would be correct there, a baby at home is making it difficult, but hopefully I will be getting out more soon! Thanks for checking out the thread.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I've been to Moab with a guy with a GX, his flexes like crazy, the weight is the big downside. I think the first time he blew a front CV, next time he did something to the rear. I believe he's running similar axle config to my Taco but he's probably got another 2000lbs on me. I think I would have done a GX over my Sequoia but they were still in the new and pricey category when I bought.

This isn’t directly GX/Overland related but it will live in my GX so I feel it is relevant!

I recently partnered with Refuge Medical to make a video going over their Adventure Kit 2.0. This is an extremely thorough emergency medical kit to keep in your vehicle, whether you are just commuting around town or on an epic adventure. Refuge Medical gave me a discount code to pass along to you all so check out the video to get that and save a few bucks on some life-saving equipment.