Perfect trip to MOAB!!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by spencurai
hell's gate was my nemesis, ....I am just too narrow to fit through that area.......

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that obstacle the Escalator, not Hells Gate... In fact I am almost 100% sure... :D ;)

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
Originally posted by mbryson

Did you get rid of your beadlocks or is that a different WJ that looks quite a bit like yours?

Cody has my old TR beadlocks (he sandblasted all the purdy orange paint off). I went back to a basic wheel because the beadlocks vibe'd like crazy going 75 to Moab.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Mike_Lib

Cody has my old TR beadlocks (he sandblasted all the purdy orange paint off). I went back to a basic wheel because the beadlocks vibe'd like crazy going 75 to Moab.

Ahhhhhhh.......are you 5 on 5.5? Must be. I thought you'd spent a little to remain at 5 on 5"........balancing is good!

When is your next trip, Mike? I'd like to finish lower Helldorado with you and see what else we come up with :D

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'

Ahhhhhhh.......are you 5 on 5.5? Must be. I thought you'd spent a little to remain at 5 on 5"........balancing is good!

When is your next trip, Mike? I'd like to finish lower Helldorado with you and see what else we come up with :D

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'

argghhh...my post just got jacked up with the pic being to big....

Anyway, yeah I was 5x5 but I switched to 5x5.5 so I could use different hubs up front. I just re-drilled my rear shafts and rotors to match.

I may go back down the weekend after next. I'll be there for the May run for sure. Hopefully we'll have better luck next time. :D

Spence's zuk was a blast to watch. Cody's ZJuggy thingy was too cool. He walked up everything. All I need to do is weld on some tabs for limiting straps and then I'm ready to go back :cool:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member

Anyway, yeah I was 5x5 but I switched to 5x5.5 so I could use different hubs up front. I just re-drilled my rear shafts and rotors to match.

I may go back down the weekend after next. I'll be there for the May run for sure. Hopefully we'll have better luck next time. :D

Spence's zuk was a blast to watch. Cody's ZJuggy thingy was too cool. He walked up everything. All I need to do is weld on some tabs for limiting straps and then I'm ready to go back :cool:

Didn't like your cool 'easy spring rate change' configuration?, eh?......I'll see you in late April, early May then.....

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
BTW - Good pictures! I missed you guys by about a week though. I was down there last weekend and the weekend before. :p

:cool:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla

I was nothing but impressed with the rock limo and the other grand drivers. Cody was having motor problems but still managed to put on a nice show.

my favorite part was using that high tech coil alignment and installation tool (read as: random stick on the ground) your grand just has too much flex for its own good!! limiting straps will make that thing perfect!!

sloppyjoe4by

It was very nice to meet and wheel with a great group of people. I had an excellent time and appreciate the spotting and strapping that many of you assisted me on. Thanks to Cody and John for the trail choices and the company, we will have to wheel together again soon.
"Little YJ that Couldn't"
Adam Jurkiewicz

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by spencurai

gotcha so they just look a lot alike....anyone got good directions to get there...??

Yeah, in the pictures they look almost identical but Escalator is a bit more intimidating because of that hole in the middle of it.

You take a right at one of the forks in the trail after the 2 large rock dome climbs. It is basically a way to a scenic look out, then you have to drive down a section on the right of Hell's Gate in order to come up it.

JJJZJ

Jager Abuser
Yah it was nice meeting Adam, Mike, Spencer, and all the other guys there and I had a blast with all of you. Hopefully next time we meet up, i will have added a few things and hang on trails like lower helldorado etc.

im compiling photos on my site at

http://photos.yahoo.com/xcooderx the pics are under moab3.21.03