PLEASE HELP! STOLEN CAR TRAILER!

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Update: Just got a call from Brad at Sommers Auto. I guess he is friends with Troy, (apparently he is out of jail) he says he talked to Troy and he thinks Troy will give it back but he doesn't want reprecussions. I assured him if he. (Brad) can get it back that I will forgive and forget and not press charges. He asked me to send a picture so I did. We'll see where it goes but I'm pretty hopeful. Brad didn't want to have it on his property if he gives it back, he seemed concerned that I'd involve him in it, I don't blame him, I wouldn't want to be mixed up in anything Troy has going on either, but I certainly wouldn't blame Brad.

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
For as much as you hate thieves, you're willing to trade this dipshit's freedom and ignore the consequences that he should face for his actions, just to get your property back? You need to stick it to this guy. Setup to get your trailer back and then have cops nab him as he leaves.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
(I labored over writing this so it would come out right)
I guess I didn't spell it out exactly, but Brad plans on taking it from Troy and returning it to me. I don't know exactly how he's getting it but it sounds like he either talked some sense into him or threatened him with more jail time. Brad did say Troy told him he "bought the trailer, that he didn't steal it," which sounds like Troy was lying to him.

This is all speculative because I don't actually know or have it back, but if Troy gives it back I would think he would receive a lesser penalty, since he (to some degree) willfully made some ammends. I DO believe in justice, but I can't make Brad bust Troy, if I push him too much he may not help. Revenge is less productive; what I can do is be grateful if Brad can help me.

I absolutely disdain theives, but I'm sure trying my best to hate the action not the person... I've been down that road with my xwife hahaha & the way back is a lot harder than the way than the way there.
I know that he will ultimately reap his reward in this life or the next.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Maybe late to the game but this is what I got from my grandson.

Wow that is terrible!
1) The first step would be to report it stolen to the police agency that has Jurisdiction over the city it was stolen from!
2) to report it stolen you will need the trailer info such as the license plate or vin number.
3) the person reporting it stole has to be the registered owner as well.
Help full hint if the police agency is similar to out here you might get the occasional police officer that is lazy and won't want to take the report so they might try and talk you out of it using a variety of methods. They might say "you will have to go to court and you don't want to go through that." it's true but courts not all that bad. Just demand the report be taken.
5) when the report is taken the vin and plate number go into a national data base so if any police officer country wide runs the plate it will notify them it's stolen.

And as for the possible suspect info make sure to tell the police officer it could help. Sadly much of the info people give us is not good enough for the court standard even if it is right most of the time. That's our wacky justice system for you. If you know where the trailer is at and it's at someone's residence call the police and tell them they can check it and see if it is indeed the trailer. Hope they find it.

Chevycrew

Typically returning the property doesnt make much difference in the charges, you are punished for the crime you commit, regardless of the outcome.

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
If he cant provide a bill of sale, or take them to the person that sold them the trailer. He will be charged with theft or illegal posession of stolen property. Either way if you let them walk, your allowing it to happen again. I want to see you get your trailer back, but someone has to pay for taking something thats not theres. This is probably not the first time he has done this, and if nothing is done about it, it wont be the last. Good luck with getting it back.
Dwayne

Badger

I am the Brute squad
If Brad really wants to do the right thing he needs to get the address location of the trailer and report it to the police. The guy is clearly a repeat offender piece of trash that needs to be taken off the streets atleast for a little while. So what if Troy knows Brad reported him, guy is not worth having as a friend or around as an acquaintance will most likely steal from you down the road. I wouldn't be surprised is this is the same asshat that stole all your other stuff, might as well get him for something.

muleskinner

Have you ever considered that Brad has had it all along? Maybe he bought it from the meth head that stole it, and is making this story up? Sounds pretty fishy to me, good luck.