Prayers for my Daughter

Cascadia

Undecided
I don't want to make this too long and I hate to be the guy that asks for things. So I figure I can ask for the least expensive thing that would have the most impact.

My daughter is having open heart surgery tomorrow. There's a lot that goes on to this story but I'm not good with writing words down. My daughters name is Avryl Skye. She is 8 months old but only weighing in at 9 lbs and 22 inches. She was only 4 weeks early but she was 3 lbs 7 ounces and 15 inches at birth. From my wife being 8 weeks pregnant we were told that our little girl would never live. She would never make it full term and if she did she would not live after her first breath. She proved the doctors wrong. She was in the nicu at primary children's for 3.5 months. Home for a week. Then she aspirates and was back in the hospital for 2 weeks. Then she was home for 2 months. It was the best 2 months. She thrives at home. The happiest little girl. Then 7 weeks ago she got h1n1 swine flu from her brother that he picked up at school. Needless to say it destroyed her. Both lungs collapsed, she stopped breathing, and her heart stopped. After getting her hooked up to life support they were able to revive her. This happened twice. With her health issues she should never have overcome this. She has 3 holes in her heart, cleft lip, cleft pallet, deletions in chromosome 2, a couple brain abnormalities (although she acts like a normal baby), and multiple other anomalies. Medically speaking my daughter should not be alive.

Tomorrow morning at 730 she is having open heart surgery. All I'm asking is if you believe in a higher power to please say a prayer for my baby tonight or tomorrow. The surgery is 4-5 hours which to me seems crazy for such a tiny body. But she has beat everything else so I know she can again. Thanks in advance for the thoughts and prayers.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 51

sixstringsteve

Dang, that's roung. Thanks for sharing the details. I had no idea she was struggling, I'm glad you mentioned it. Best wishes to your entire family, that's gotta be an intense roller coaster. You'll all be in our prayers.

Last edited:

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Miracles are real, so is God's love.
Hang in there today, that hospital is amazing but lonely sometimes.

Prayers going out for your daughter and your family. (For the docs too!)

Bart

So sorry to hear this and best wishes and prayers your way. She sounds like a fighter and that's a good thing.