Prayers for my Daughter

Cascadia

Undecided
Thanks everyone for everything on here. A lot of you I'm close with and you have known every detail since the beginning of last year. I'm grateful for friends that call and text to check on us and my little girl. I have seriously met almost every one of my friends on RME so I'm thankful for the RME group.

So so far so good today. They have already done a bronchoscopy today to make sure her air way is clear and healthy. Then they intubated her and got her on anesthesia. All that went great. They now have her iV lines in, she is on the heart bypass machine, and they have started surgery cutting through the breastbone. All is well so far. They send us updates to a pager every hour or so. Keep the prayers coming. ;)

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I cannot imagine the wreck I would be if that was my kid. I'm impressed that you can actually type all that. Best wishes for you and your family.

ID Bronco

As a Father I am/will pray with all my heart that she will do well. What is her name? My family is praying for yours, all of you. Best wishes! God Speed.

Cascadia

Undecided
Avryl Skye Andrews

Like the singer Avril Lavigne. My 4 year old boy likes listening to Taylor Swift and Avril with his momma. She was born and when my boy saw a picture of her he said, her name is Avryl Skye. We said sounds great. He loves his sister and can't wait til she gets back home.

Cascadia

Undecided
Our baby girl is off the bypass machine. The repair part of the surgery is done. The surgeon is putting her back together and then we will get an update from him. Thanks for the prayers! It's still a long recovery for her but the hard part is just about done.

sixstringsteve

I thought this song was fitting.

[video=youtube;_Gcrx2Ab0FM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gcrx2Ab0FM[/video]

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I've been reading your wife's FB posts and thinking about you guys and Avril often, hoping things are going well. If you need anything Tyson don't hesitate to ask!

Cascadia

Undecided
Thanks everybody. Surgery went great. The doc said it went better than he planned with all of her known issues and past. She woke up a couple hours after and went straight to pull her ventilator tube out of her throat. She hates that thing. The first 24 hours of recovery is the most important and we're hoping for no infection inside or outside. Her blood pressure is s bit high but that is kind of expected with the heart having to relearn how to have more pressure in the right chamber. They're are on top of it though. We're so lucky to live so close to primary children's. People think driving 45 minutes everyday to see your daughter is a pain. It's not. Sure it sucks, but it's better than the alternative.

Coco

I know I'm late on this, but thoughts and prayers for her, and your family in this time of recovery, Tyson

Cascadia

Undecided
Nobody is ever too late. She still has to go through cleft lip and pallet surgery in 6 weeks. It'll all carry over. I'm amazed at the response I've had on here. Great group.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I've been reluctant to post but my next younger brother had many of the same issues that it sounds like your daughter is fighting through. He was a very happy and content boy despite being poked and prodded so much. I'm two years older than Jeffrey and only remember certain things, but the many pictures we have with him provide glimpses into how much happiness he brought to our family. I really hope that Avril continues to fight hard and she stays strong. As a new-ish father I have thought often about Jeffrey and what it would have been like to go through that as a parent. I'm not sure I have the strength or mental capacity to bear it. I wish you guys the best.

Cascadia

Undecided
My daughters white blood cell count went up today and she spiked a fever of 104. So she appears to be fighting some sort of infection. Let's hope it doesn't turn major and that it's her body trying to get used to a foreign piece of material in her heart.

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
Continued thoughts and prayers. My little sister was born with a hole in her heart, and was one of the youngest to receive a teflon patch through open heart surgery at 5 years old in the late 60s. She has gone on to be a nurse, have an Air Force career and to have returned to nursing. Going strong. I can only imagine the advances in medicine since then, and continue my prayers for your daughter...

Cascadia

Undecided
Avy is doing pretty good. Blood pressure still a little high. They have brought her down on the nitric oxide a lot which is used to relax her lungs since they're not used to the new pressures. Might be off of it tomorrow. Oxygen is down a tiny but she's still on 61%. Before the surgery she was on room air for a few days like we breath which is 21%. They say with a vsd repair as large as hers the heart has to learn all over again how to flow and recirculate. Her fever has been gone for over a day so she might not have an infection after all. They took her drainage tube from her heart cavity and stitched that up. That was used to let residual fluid, blood, and air drain out from the surgery. And they pulled out the wires that helped her heart learn how to beat correctly and set pace again. So she has over come a bunch of obstacles and made some good progress. She is such a fighter but I know it wouldn't be possible with out friends praying for her and a Heavenly Father with a plan for her. Thanks for all the love guys!