Price area trails in trouble

great scott

A few years back the Castle Country King Crawlers GPSed, documented and turned in as many trails that we could. The BLM then closed the door for comments on the RMP.
Fast forward to today. The BLM is in the protest period for that same RMP. We(King Crawlers) learned about the BLM lossing all of our data about the same time as we were changing leadership. Bottom line is we have missed our window to resubmit trails. I have been to the Price BLM twice and don't like the answers they have feed me. They say the RMP should take effect before the end of 08. Meaning that all the Price area trails rated over about a 2.5 will be illegal. According to the BLM we must now wait until they look into some special recreational option to have any chance.
With teen aged kids in school sports and what not, combined with just being burned out. I/Price area trails need your ideas and help. Yes this is me saying I can't handle it and I am sorry. So what can be done to keep these trais?

Bart

That is terrible Scott. Leave it to the BLM to lose all the data. I don't the process, but I'd imagine it is the same as what Moab will have to do to reclaim Coyote.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
So they lost the data and closed the deal? Something isn't adding up. They need to be held responsible for that data or allow it to be resubmitted at any time.

great scott

We have known for about a year now that they lost our data but do to some of our own issues and the fact that they never said we have X amount of time. We failed to resubmit. Then I got a notice in the mail stating that this was the protest period. So I called the new pres of CCKC to get an update and next thing ya know hear I am again. In my mind they should accept our data because they lost it.

Seth

These go to 11
If needs be we can get lawyers involved. That is what we have U4 funds for. I would ask real nice once more. And make sure they know we can back it up.

We can back it up right?

I'm sure they have the data. If it wasn't addressed during the comment or protest periods, then there is probably very little that can be done other than to try and get the routes included through the usual (nearly impossible) process of designating a new route.

Meat_

Banned
Do they admit that you gave them data but they lost it? Or do they just say they don't have your data?

great scott

I personally have never spoke to anyone in the Price BLM that admits they lost the data. CCKC new pres(Jet_aj on this board) was told that by some one but I am not sure who that was. The last response I got was they new nothing. I do know the data was turned in during the draft portion because I did it, and it took several meetings with the BLM and Carbon County to get it the way they (BLM) wanted it.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Scott,
things are crazy in my world too, but you guys have worked too hard to let these trails close. let me know what I can do.

More signatures, more forms (like we did before), check to help on the lawyers,

Thanks for all you do,

Jinx

great scott

Scott,
things are crazy in my world too, but you guys have worked too hard to let these trails close. let me know what I can do.

More signatures, more forms (like we did before), check to help on the lawyers,

Thanks for all you do,

Jinx

You remember those days :cool:. Thanks to all of you like Jinx that did help out back then. We put a ton of work into this and I thought we had some fairly inovative ideas. We had just realized how to use RME and U4 for aid. My wife thought I had left her for another women with the initials RMP. Foolish me, I thought I could relax and actually start enjoying this sport and my family again. Well it was fun for bit. Maybe if some of you would call(435 636 3600) and nicely question them as to what happened to these trails and how we can get them back on the map.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
now I'm assuming here due to never having worked the magic you have.... so here goes

Most government agencies have a control code that every sheet of correspondence will get stamped so that it is documented and they can have control of it...

All the paperwork you sent in did it get stamped or did you get something that showed they received the paperwork? does anyone have any proof that the paperwork was received? cause it this exists I would think any lawyer would be able to plead that this needs to be added back into the rmp and thus giving us all a chance to ride these trails....

great scott

now I'm assuming here due to never having worked the magic you have.... so here goes

Most government agencies have a control code that every sheet of correspondence will get stamped so that it is documented and they can have control of it...

All the paperwork you sent in did it get stamped or did you get something that showed they received the paperwork? does anyone have any proof that the paperwork was received? cause it this exists I would think any lawyer would be able to plead that this needs to be added back into the rmp and thus giving us all a chance to ride these trails....

No for any of it. Some was mailed but the actual trails were hand deliverd and I got no stamp.

great scott

I have now made 4 phone calls in 2 days trying to set up a meeting with this BLM office. Funny thing is, no one is ever there to even talk to about it, let alone actually getting a meeting. It could be coincidental I mean they are always polite, as am I.

rock4fun

Is there any thing that any of us that like to travel to price and wheel can do to help?. It seems that i living in springville get over that way a few times a summer to hit the local trails. I really hate for us to lose them so if ther is any thing I can do to help let me know.

great scott

Is there any thing that any of us that like to travel to price and wheel can do to help?. It seems that i living in springville get over that way a few times a summer to hit the local trails. I really hate for us to lose them so if ther is any thing I can do to help let me know.

At this point some phone calls would be nice. The calls may put some polite pressure on them. They were closed yesterday but they have yet :rolleyes: to return my phone calls or let me talk to some one just to set up a time I can sit down with them to discus the options.