Price area trails in trouble

great scott

get the news involved whatever it takes. We need a location and a time we can get alot of people to show up. More than the showing we had a the Capital. This is the BLM'S fault it needs to be addressed. Do we have proof of lost documents? Can somebody get ahold of At Your Leisure maybe they can help.

All worthy ideas, but will they work? Our prof is limited and that is some thing I could spend some more time on. There are other places(Carbon County) that may have better documentation.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Everybody call 435-636-6300 and VOICE YOUR CONCERN for the lost RMP GPS DATA.
And please do it politely as possible.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Update.
Just talked to Carbon County and they did not submit any rec trails. They left it up to user groups. So we do not have a receipt.

This is just getting worse and worse. We need to form a dedicated committee to get one this. :(

Who from CCKC can testify that trail data was submitted?

Mike is trying, or was last time we talked but it is not looking good.

Mike has been telling people that he has everything setup, but is waiting on you. I'm not buying that.

Everybody call 435-636-6300 and VOICE YOUR CONCERN for the lost RMP GPS DATA.
And please do it politely as possible.

Don't tell them they lost the data, tell them you'd like more technical 4x4 recreation opportunities and then talk about the trails. Supporting argument 1: U4WDA will be bringing 300+ money spending visitors to Richfield this summer instead of Price because there are no technical 4x4 routes.

This is just getting worse and worse. We need to form a dedicated committee to get one this. :(

Sounds like a great idea.

Focus on the world as it is, not as you would like it to be.

Fighting over "lost" data or "illegal" closure is a losing battle.

At this point, it would be far more beneficial to work cooperatively with the local field office to have the trails added to the travel map. Yes, that means environmental analysis and the long hard processes associated with NEPA. But, it's going to be the only way. It's not impossible, it's just hard work.

great scott

Mike has been telling people that he has everything setup, but is waiting on you. I'm not buying that

First I have heard this, guess I had better get i touch with him.

Don't tell them they lost the data, tell them you'd like more technical 4x4 recreation opportunities and then talk about the trails. Supporting argument 1: U4WDA will be bringing 300+ money spending visitors to Richfield this summer instead of Price because there are no technical 4x4 routes.

We used this very argument, Carbon County agrees the BLM could care less.

Sounds like a great idea.

Focus on the world as it is, not as you would like it to be.

Fighting over "lost" data or "illegal" closure is a losing battle.

At this point, it would be far more beneficial to work cooperatively with the local field office to have the trails added to the travel map. Yes, that means environmental analysis and the long hard processes associated with NEPA. But, it's going to be the only way. It's not impossible, it's just hard work.

May be a worthy spin.

Team1k

I hate to revive a thread this old but in using the search function i couldnt find anything newer with more details, and didnt want to open up a new thread. Basically i heard about these trails down and price and really want to run them but it appears they may be closed. One comment earlier in this thread gave me hope

However they will/should not be patrolling and have no desire to site us for use of these now undocumented trails :-\.

Can anyone provide me with an update? If the BLM is just draggin their feet then im half tempted to just run it and risk the ticket....i know that wont be looked on too kindly though :(

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
They are still "closed". There is no signage on them. We do have a rec staff at the field office that is willing to correct the problem, just can't really do anything with a foot of snow on the ground. The current staff has has an eye opening experience finding all the supposedly lost and misplaced data over the years. It just goes to prove the corruption and single minded agendas that were one time prevelant in this FO.

ricsrx

They are still "closed". There is no signage on them. We do have a rec staff at the field office that is willing to correct the problem, just can't really do anything with a foot of snow on the ground. The current staff has has an eye opening experience finding all the supposedly lost and misplaced data over the years. It just goes to prove the corruption and single minded agendas that were one time prevelant in this FO.

So your saying that the FO is under new managment that is more understanding to our cause?!

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I have heard this a few times from different people.

Paul - when things get moving let me know what I can help out with!

Shane, what this project needs is someone to spear head it. As much as I would like to, I am not going to be able take on something like this in 2013. Our race season starts on 1/26 and we will be gone at least 3 out of 4 weekends every month through October since we are doing both motocross and desert. Don Kranendonk is no longer at the office (big loss depending on who his replacement is) but Josh is who we have been working with on motorcycle single track and ATV trails.

corbin.black

This is awesome news. I would really like to see these trails opened again since I live here in Price. I havent done any of the trails but I've seen all of them. Growing up on the north end of town, I was always near these trails on 4-wheelers but never went up them. Always saw good lookin rigs headed up to them though.I talked to some people from Helper not long ago and they said they run all of the trails frequently. If there is anything I can do to help since I am local, let me know and I will see what I can do.