Price area trails in trouble

great scott

Finally got to talk to one of the BLM guys in the know. He and others agree that our data WAS TURNED IN. He thinks that some of it may have may have even made the map, and it is just that hard to make out. As for what was lost/did not make the RMP, we are still talking. At this point the RMP should go into effect before the end of the calendar year, thus making these trails illegal :(. However they will/should not be patrolling and have no desire to site us for use of these now undocumented trails :-\.
According to this guy our best hope is to wait and do a subsequent activity level plan. Who knows how long that will take! I cant say I am happy with the whole wait thing. But I don't know that I am ready to take this to the next level? I am now waiting for them to collect their thoughts and then call me back for a sit down meeting.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Finally got to talk to one of the BLM guys in the know. He and others agree that our data WAS TURNED IN. He thinks that some of it may have may have even made the map, and it is just that hard to make out. As for what was lost/did not make the RMP, we are still talking. At this point the RMP should go into effect before the end of the calendar year, thus making these trails illegal :(. However they will/should not be patrolling and have no desire to site us for use of these now undocumented trails :-\.
According to this guy our best hope is to wait and do a subsequent activity level plan. Who knows how long that will take! I cant say I am happy with the whole wait thing. But I don't know that I am ready to take this to the next level? I am now waiting for them to collect their thoughts and then call me back for a sit down meeting.

Wow, fun :rolleyes:. Those are some great trails. I'd hate to see you lose them. Let us know if we can write letters or appear somewhere to support them/you.

great scott

Wow, fun :rolleyes:. Those are some great trails. I'd hate to see you lose them. Let us know if we can write letters or appear somewhere to support them/you.

I don't think it hurts to keep a bit of mild pressure on them. Just be nice and ask questions. If you get more answers then what I have post please let me know.

gripguru

Nate Davidson

I would not wait. Get the folks that know the trails and the BLM together and discuss it immediately. Them putting you off is because they are busy and it is just one more thing to do even though they perceive that they do not have time. It is their job and your duty along with support from the club and the other groups on this board to get this discussed, inventoried and addressed in the plan. BLM is regular folks, if you can keep it nice, you should be able to make progress. If they shine you on, get more aggressive. DONT WAIT!!!

great scott

I would not wait. Get the folks that know the trails and the BLM together and discuss it immediately. Them putting you off is because they are busy and it is just one more thing to do even though they perceive that they do not have time. It is their job and your duty along with support from the club and the other groups on this board to get this discussed, inventoried and addressed in the plan. BLM is regular folks, if you can keep it nice, you should be able to make progress. If they shine you on, get more aggressive. DONT WAIT!!!

I feel the same way. I am ridding a fine line of to much vrs not enough.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Finally have date to sit down with a few BLM heads. The topic for now is to identify what trails got lost.

Great news Scott. Is this going to be a small meeting, or should we get as many people as possible to show up? Show our numbers kind of thing? I know the local ATV club would probably like to get involved.

great scott

Great news Scott. Is this going to be a small meeting, or should we get as many people as possible to show up? Show our numbers kind of thing? I know the local ATV club would probably like to get involved.

No need for a large group as of yet. This meeting is very preliminary and just to identify the missing trails. I am some what concerned that they are trying to temper the issue and not really trying to fix it. However a sit down meeting is way better(I hope) then random phone calls. If anyone wants to come it is on Nov 4th(yes election day) at 4pm. But there is no need for a mass showing.

great scott

Wow what a bad night. A liberal won the presidency :-\ and my meeting with the BLM was anything but good news. Bottom line, the BLM did lose some of our trails. Even worse, the trails they put in the final draft got cut. We have no :mad: trails period! They kept telling us that we can do a subsequent activity level plan. That's crap in my eyes as it seems just a way of subduing us. They flat out told us that this is not a priority for them and to just be patient.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Wow what a bad night. A liberal won the presidency :-\ and my meeting with the BLM was anything but good news. Bottom line, the BLM did lose some of our trails. Even worse, the trails they put in the final draft got cut. We have no :mad: trails period! They kept telling us that we can do a subsequent activity level plan. That's crap in my eyes as it seems just a way of subduing us. They flat out told us that this is not a priority for them and to just be patient.

Who have you been dealing with? I'm wondering if we ought to take this fight higher up the ladder, sounds like the local BLM folks have no interest in hearing your input. I'd think about talking to someone on the State level, telling them about all the research and mapping you have done, then how it was tossed out the window by whoever did it. This is pure BS, they need to be held responsible and be willing to listen to input from the folks that use this land.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Sounds like it might be time to bring in voices in large numbers? Let's all start calling them and emailing them today. This is just unacceptable.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'm no letter writer, but here's what I could conjure up. Feel free to build upon it or use some of it for ideas.

I'm writing in concern for the recent RMP for the Price area. It has recently come to my knowledge that the trails which were indexed and submitted were cut from the final draft. I have also been told that many of the trail submissions have gone "missing" after they had been submitted. I feel the need to voice my opinion that this is completely unacceptable and that actions should be taken to set things right.

I grew up in Price and still have family there. My family, friends and I have always made responsible use of the BLM public lands for many years and we have always made it a priority to respect and clean up the areas that we recreate on as well as educate those who may not know better. I cannot believe that after all these years we are going to loose our access to many of the existing trails. If more people in our community were more informed, this would not be happening. No more sweeping the issues under the rug.

Please reconsider.

Regards,

#######