Protests

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
This is how you know the news is fake as hell. If you can't see it there is no saving you.

View attachment 128303
It's proof that it is ok to protest.......but where is the report on spikes from family reunions?

SMH

I am pretty good friends with a local doctor. He is not your typical doctor that rushes you to the pharmacy with a prescription and his office will not prescribe narcotics. I have a lot of respect for his approach to medicine and his insights into this whole COVID mess. Does he believe it is a serious virus....yes. Does he think the response to it is illogical and backwards.....yes. He is the only doctor locally doing antibody testing and has had approximately 10% of the people he has antibody tested come back positive. As a comparison, locally, only 1% of the people who have done the swab test have come back with a positive result. Just like everywhere else, there are more people that have been exposed to this without even knowing they had it.

There is no time in history of modern medicine where isolation of the low risk healthy population has been done to prevent the spread of a disease. It has always been practice to protect the high risk population......and with this virus, there is a clearly defined high risk population. According to my doc friend, if you remove just the nursing home deaths from the analysis, the risk of death from this is no higher than Influenza. The COVID virus is not going to go away....it has been around for years in many other variations. All that is being done is a lengthening out of the time it is going to take for the healthy population to gain exposure and herd immunity to develop. This whole mentality of we can't do anything until there is a vaccine is complete crap. There are hundreds if not thousands of virus' that there are no vaccines for....including the SARS virus that is a strain of Corona Virus.

Anybody who cannot accept the political nature of this whole thing is either naive or has their head in their a.......I mean their head in the sand.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
So the headline in the second article doesn't say anything about trump, but down in the text it mentions it
COVID-19 has an incubation period that ranges from around 4 to 5 days from exposure up to about 14 days, according to the CDC. Although Saturday's rally was not the cause of the most recent spike, experts fear it will make matters worse in coming weeks.

So is the screen shot fake, or did they change the headline and article?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
If you look at the URL, it's the same so they changed the title after a while.

1592880786856.png

it also looks like they changed the text in the article too. Oh my hell... cowards

Last edited:

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Sometime around mid November the rona will no longer be a concern. At this point I believe absolutely nothing about it from the "news". Its a political farce.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
There is a group of 'Patriots' that are going to storm Chaz/Chop and 'take it back for America'. They claim it will be non-violent.. but lets get real.

Where does your opinion land on this idea?

I don't want anyone to touch the chop area. My family walked right through a protest in Huntington Beach this past weekend. I saw a lady holding a sign that said "abolish police". I was pretty disappointed with that. The chop area seems peaceful enough during the day, but at night I guess it's becoming pretty crazy with crime. So I say just let them deal with it themselves so our country can see what will happen with no police presence. I love the irony of the people inside the chop calling the police and asking for help though.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Not an accurate statement. Overall positive test rate on the swabs is just under 6%, with positive rate over the last couple of weeks running at 10-11%.

Not to stick my nose in, but he may mean in the Price area. Statewide we are running up towards 12% the last two weeks, I read. And we've doubled the number of ICU beds in use in June.

Whether you think COVID is serious or not, it's a sure bet that we've got more lockdowns coming.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
No doubt anything that causes death is serious so if we lockdown again, that's fine. But when all this clears up I sure hope they enforce restrictions on all the other ways people die. Smoking, alcohol, obesity/diabetes come to the top of my list. Just think of all the lives that would be saved if the government made laws to prevent obesity or outlawed smoking all together. Why limit saving lives to just covid? My guess is some people in power are capitalizing on this serious issue to promote their own agenda. Perhaps the government is using this serious issue as a way to slowly introduce the idea of being restricted or removing freedoms? I just want to know why this time? Why step in and try to stop death from covid? Why pass over so many other diseases or deadly habits? What should we expect going forward?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Not an accurate statement. Overall positive test rate on the swabs is just under 6%, with positive rate over the last couple of weeks running at 10-11%.
Not to stick my nose in, but he may mean in the Price area. Statewide we are running up towards 12% the last two weeks, I read. And we've doubled the number of ICU beds in use in June.

Whether you think COVID is serious or not, it's a sure bet that we've got more lockdowns coming.
I think my comments were pretty clear that I am only making reference to what we are seeing locally. Nowhere in my comment did I say that I was talking about statewide numbers.

With more testing, comes more positives........but we need to pay attention to the numbers and where they are coming from. What is the percentage of positive tests that end up in the hospital? What is the percentage that end up on a ventilator? I believe that all cases that end up staying in the hospital are put in the ICU for isolation reasons, so saying there is an increase in ICU bed use is not always a clear Indication of severity of the case. What is the mortality rate? Is the demographic changing in terms of the mortality rate.

I am not trying to infer in any way that COVID is not serious, I am just trying to make sure that everyone is looking at the big picture and analyzing all the data. Yes, the metro areas are going to have higher numbers than rural areas......that is easy to understand with simple statistics. But is is also simple statistics to just take the numbers and analyze them. Don't take what is being reported at face value because there are to many people and entities using this to drive hysteria.

There is antibody testing being done throughout the state and none of these results are being used or even being reported.......that I can find. I know that my doc friend reports the results from his antibody testing to the local health department, but yet they do not include any of that data when they send me the weekly updates every Thursday evening.

Saw this posted by a friend today. I GOOGLED it to make sure the numbers were accurate, and as of 9:30 this morning, not much has changed since he posted it.
Wo3q.jpg

There a lot of things killing people on a daily basis at a higher rate than COVID but very little concern about that. I bet there is equivalent death from suicide, domestic violence that can be attributed to COVID ........ as a secondary factor. But then again, how many deaths can COVID be classified as a secondary versus primary factor?

Light the torches......bring the flaming on.:handlebars:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Something the MSM isn't talking much about, which is some great news stemming from the violent rioting, arson, and looting.... Record firearm sales, and as of May/June, record first-time-gun owners. Distrust in local/Fed .gov among Americans has become glaringly obvious thanks to FBI NICS background checks for firearm purchases. Record firearm sales for 2020, and unprecedented sales figures in March (and I'm betting June beats March)... What started out as Corona panic leading many to stock up on guns/ammo has turned into a response to protests, violence, looting, cops abandoning post, etc. June's numbers aren't out yet, but preliminary and anecdotal data coming form many firearm sellers are claiming that 60-70% of June's gun sales are new gun owners.

The draconian rule of some of these blue state's government is opening folks eyes. The recent years notion that a declining, small number of gun enthusiasts were hoarding firearms will very soon be blown out of the water. Utah tops the list in March, but also Michigan is right there which is big because they are a very blue state.

I've asked around the gun industry to folks I keep in contact with, and everyone is reporting unprecedented spike in sales like they've never seen. From firearms, to ammo, to accessories including concealed holsters.... the sleeping giant that is the American public may be waking up.

2020 gun sales.jpg

Last edited:

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
There's always been the hospitals are going to be overwhelmed argument. According to https://www.ksl.com/article/4676774...mo-i-have-no-plans-to-shut-down-utahs-economy it says 171 currently hospitalized, looking at this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hospitals_in_Utah there are 504 beds just in their facility in Murray. Total the numbers from the wiki link and there are 7047 beds in Utah. So maybe someone that can math good will be more accurate but I'm going to say that's about 2-3% of capacity.

If they shut down the state for 2-3% of capacity I'm going to think they are all idiots and vote for anyone that says this is stupid.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Utah's epidemiologist, Angela Dunn, is warning of a possible shutdown due to spike in daily cases... They project that we have 4-8wks to max out hospital beds if we stay on our current trajectory... FWIW.... But I fully agree, we're at .01% or less deaths... Let's get to herd immunity already.

I know 7 people personally that have had it, ages ranging from 4y/o to 70y/o, zero deaths and only one ER visit between the group; no hospitalizations.

But... this is a thread on protests.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I get that people die from other causes all day every day.. but sneezing on the bus after you smoke a cigarette or drink a beer doesn't kill grandma.

I HATE wearing a mask, and I have ZERO fears or concerns about catching COVID. But I still wear a mask in public, and especially when I enter other peoples homes. Because I'm not a selfish tool that thinks my opinion is all that matters.

We can think this is all stupid BS, and government overreach.. but we can also do our part to prevent spread and death. I think it's healthy to challenge government, and other than a slight inconvenience it hurts nothing to wear a mask.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Something the MSM isn't talking much about, which is some great news stemming from the violent rioting, arson, and looting.... Record firearm sales, and as of May/June, record first-time-gun owners. Distrust in local/Fed .gov among Americans has become glaringly obvious thanks to FBI NICS background checks for firearm purchases. Record firearm sales for 2020, and unprecedented sales figures in March (and I'm betting June beats March)... What started out as Corona panic leading many to stock up on guns/ammo has turned into a response to protests, violence, looting, cops abandoning post, etc. June's numbers aren't out yet, but preliminary and anecdotal data coming form many firearm sellers are claiming that 60-70% of June's gun sales are new gun owners.

The draconian rule of some of these blue state's government is opening folks eyes. The recent years notion that a declining, small number of gun enthusiasts were hoarding firearms will very soon be blown out of the water. Utah tops the list in March, but also Michigan is right there which is big because they are a very blue state.

I've asked around the gun industry to folks I keep in contact with, and everyone is reporting unprecedented spike in sales like they've never seen. From firearms, to ammo, to accessories including concealed holsters.... the sleeping giant that is the American public may be waking up.

Good and bad at the same time. I'd hope to see training classes filling up as fast as peoples holsters, but they won't. All for people waking up and getting armed, not exactly sure how I feel about these same people walking around armed ready to pull their shiny new gun at the first loud noise they hear.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Far more good than it is bad. Obviously we hope folks seek the training. I've offered my assistance across my social media to any new firearm owners that would like some instruction.. Perhaps those of us that are proficient with firearms reach out to offer some instruction/training.

Solutions.

Last edited: