Protests

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I've never been arrested or charged with anything besides a speeding ticket and one alcohol ticket at a teenager. I have however had dozens of negative interactions with police where they have out right lied and broken more than one law in an effort to get me, a common non criminal for something that I was not doing wrong. I don't hate police, but I very much don't trust them based solely on my personal experience. Yes sir, no sir and I don't know sir is about all I say to the police anymore. It's pretty sad because I've had quit a few LEO friends and my brother in law is currently an officer. However, there is a switch that turns when they are on duty and dealing with strangers. What's that saying about power corrupting?

Houndoc

The lady that married her brother in order to skirt immigration laws? That has nothing to do with her skin color and more to do with her disdain of America. Americans have no "skin color".

Built by southern Democrats. Do you even know the history of the KKK? Founded by Albert Pike, a 33rd degree of the Scottish rite of freemasonry and DEMOCRAT. Oh, he was also a confederate general. Huh, weird.

I agree. There's mistreatment of alll kinds of groups, especially when you subscribe to group identity politics. How about we judge people based on their character and actions instead of their "Group".
First, your "facts" are completely wrong. Rep. Omar (who politically I do not agree with in any way) came to the US with her family after being granted asylum at age 13. No immigration law 'skirting' in any way.

Much of your reply is about bashing all-caps Democrats and their 'disdain' for America but then you criticize judging based on "groups".

And I truly wish your comment that "Americans have no skin color" was true. I do not think putting on our blinders and saying racism no longer exists helps solve any of the social issues at hand.

It is strange to me that this article has gone “viral” as it mostly seems like common sense, regardless of skin color 🤔

Look at some of the other details she, and many others, share about being a black man in America- longer waits for cabs, watched closely in stores etc.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
This new element of the protests, where people are kneeling to represent their shame of America's past really ticks me the f*** off. Yes, America has a history of flaws and missteps. But America's story is one of overcoming many of these issues. Perhaps not as quickly as some may want, but none the less overcoming. Ultimately, you can't fight history because, well, its in the past. You can only work to better the future.

Despite our problems, the United States of America is still the freest, most liberal country to have ever graced the surface of this Earth and I'll be damned if I ever kneel in shame of this great nation and all the good it has brought for humanity.

Last edited:

Jesser04

Fix it for you.😉
This new element of the protests, where people are kneeling to represent their shame of America's past really ticks me the f*** off. Yes, America has a history of flaws and missteps. But America's story is one of overcoming many of these issues. Perhaps not as quickly as some may want, but none the less overcoming. Ultimately, you can't fight history because, well, its in the past. You can only work to better the future.

Despite our problems, the United States of America is still the freest, most liberal country to have ever graced the surface of this Earth and I'll be damned if I ever kneel in shame of this great national and all the good it has brought for humanity. #MAGA2020

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
So if you can't be proud of your country, and admit it's flaws?
I'm not following. Did you mean to type, "So you can be proud of your country; and admit it's flaws"? If that's they case, then yes. That's the rational and reasonable position to take. As a country is simply the embodiment of the men and women who populate and govern it, and humans are inherently flawed, then a country will be as flawed as its people allow it to be. America is flawed. Always has been and always will be. The amazing thing about America is that we, over the course of our 244 year history, have learned from our flaws, sometimes at great cost, but we have learned and grown creating a better society for everyone.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Anyone seen the nonsense going on in Seattle? and what their mayor is calling a "lawful gathering".......
#ordermore5.56

yea I heard they have a literal "war lord" running things because he has all the guns... and demanding protection money from people within and near the zone. :rofl:

#alsoordermorepopcorn