Protests

You should watch the video conference. It is long, but explains a lot about the operation. They also all but pretty much state that Trump isn't directing them to go here or there. Again, it was enlightening for me to hear that they have boots on the ground in lots of cities, but the only special task force sent to take care of a problem is in Portland. They already have a mission to protect certain public resources and they claim they are doing what is necessary to accomplish that. I have no reason to disbelieve their statements.

Friend of a friend type info, but my wife was doing some work for someone that works for the federal marshals and it was interesting to hear the implication of how many more marshals than you might think are on flights in the last few years. DHS is a little scary from the gestapo standpoint, but I also think a lot of terrorist crap is being caught and just quashed without media attention.

The most disheartening part of all of this is how much time and investment it takes to find out the truth. As Marc said, if you are watching one of the prevalent news outlets, your information is being filtered through their view of politics. Maybe it has always been this way, but I just haven't paid as much attention.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I just started watching an interview with president trump and the barstool sports guy. He brought up very quickly Portland and while he didn’t name them other than not military he said “we sent in strong people” wow 😳 just wow. Even our president can’t identify the type of force being sent in yet we as Americans are supposed to trust our government? They created a military like force of “strong people” unnamed to take care of state police work. I’m just shook.

you must not watch Trump talk much... watch the video I posted the other day which is info right from the horse’s mouth, or please, refrain from talking about this topic.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
you must not watch Trump talk much... watch the video I posted the other day which is info right from the horse’s mouth, or please, refrain from talking about this topic.

Yes, sensor his opinion!

The irony of someone who preaches about mainstream media filtering our news and censoring alternative narratives now telling someone else to refrain from talking because he doesn't agree with him (or doesn't have the "right" info), priceless.

Please refrain from talking, lol. I couldn't write this comedy if I tried.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Poor choice of words on my part for sure. Simply just meant to watch the video where all of the concerns were addressed.

My apologies to J-mobzz and the RME community. Thanks for calling me out Cody, my comment was out of line.

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Mark my words... They will claim to be an independent nation and then they will call on the UN to help them.
This is globalism NWO 101. Watch it happen.

I'll gladly eat crow if they don't attempt this move. It's pretty obvious at this point... from claiming the land via flag (this is Maritime Admiralty Law shit...) and then they will claim they need protection from the US and ask for UN to step in.

iu

;)

J-mobzz

My apologies to J-mobzz and the RME community. Thanks for calling me out Cody, my comment was out of line.
No one here owes me an apology. I have nothing more than options. And I’m not offended by those with different opinions, different or new information than mine. This is just a cool site that has many like minded people when it come to off-roading and outdoor adventures. Every single person I’ve been able to meet in person from this site over the last 12 years or so I’ve been around (under a different name) has been great. Politics and religion always cause disagreements in conversation and if I wrote everyone off that didn’t share my opinions.... well that would make me the closed minded one.

Last edited:

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
When will the madness end...... this is an existential crisis!

"The outdoors and public lands suffer from the same systemic racism that the rest of our society does," said Joel Pannell, associate director of the Sierra Club, which is leading an effort to boost diversity in the wilderness and access to natural spaces.

New government data, shared first with ABC News, shows the country's premier outdoor spaces -- the 419 national parks -- remain overwhelmingly white. Just 23% of visitors to the parks were people of color, the National Park Service found in its most recent 10-year survey; 77% were white. Minorities make up 42% of the U.S. population.

Seems to me 77% of visitors being white seems spot on, also not entirely sure why we are counting how many of each race are visiting the parks :thinking:

Taken from the 2019 census page
Race
White alone, percent 76.3%
Black or African American alone, percent (a) 13.4%
American Indian and Alaska Native alone, percent (a) 1.3%
Asian alone, percent (a) 5.9%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone, percent (a) 0.2%
Two or More Races, percent 2.8%
Hispanic or Latino, percent (b) 18.5%
White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent 60.1%

Last edited:

Tonkaman

"The outdoors and public lands suffer from the same systemic racism that the rest of our society does," said Joel Pannell, associate director of the Sierra Club, which is leading an effort to boost diversity in the wilderness and access to natural spaces.

New government data, shared first with ABC News, shows the country's premier outdoor spaces -- the 419 national parks -- remain overwhelmingly white. Just 23% of visitors to the parks were people of color, the National Park Service found in its most recent 10-year survey; 77% were white. Minorities make up 42% of the U.S. population.

Seems to me 77% of visitors being white seems spot on, also not entirely sure why we are counting how many of each race are visiting the parks :thinking:

Race
That Is EFFING rediculous

J-mobzz

Race

All I’m saying is go to Old Faithful and watch all the tour busses unload with not white tourists.

Who is keeping track of these numbers anyways? I don’t recall having to disclose my ethnicity.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I don't go to many national parks, but last time I was in Yellowstone it felt like it was 77% Asian tourists.

I suspect the further east and the less iconic, the less international tourists you'd see. Capital reef never seemed too over run with international folks

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Nothing in that article says that the UN is recognizing CHAZ as an independent nation. It's that the UN Human Rights Committee (not Council, which actually has some authority) poo-pooing the police "use of force" in Portland. This is nothing new, both the Human Rights Committee and Council have a long history of claiming that the US is a brutal police state, which is rich considering that its members are usually made up of actually dictatorships.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Nothing in that article says that the UN is recognizing CHAZ as an independent nation. It's that the UN Human Rights Committee (not Council, which actually has some authority) poo-pooing the police "use of force" in Portland. This is nothing new, both the Human Rights Committee and Council have a long history of claiming that the US is a brutal police state, which is rich considering that its members are usually made up of actually dictatorships.

I know that and I know I said "CHAZ" would be the flag that requests it but I can't help but notice the UN keeps trying to poke their head into all of this. From what I've seen, the feds are showing surprising restraint protecting the fed property... That said, I personally don't think fed should have "property" in any city / state but that's an entirely different subject.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Don't know if any of you are watching the Barr hearing but this is what it looks like

tenor.gif

And anytime Barr tries to answer the Democrats they override him and won't let him answer if it strays away from the answer they want

Also enjoy that the chairman of this board is on camera a few days ago saying the riots in Portland are a myth

Houndoc

They created a military like force of “strong people” unnamed to take care of state police work. I’m just shook.

What disturbs me is many of the same people who see mask requirements as a constitutional crisis cheer on the president in this regard.

DHS is a little scary from the gestapo standpoint, but I also think a lot of terrorist crap is being caught and just quashed without media attention.

The most disheartening part of all of this is how much time and investment it takes to find out the truth. As Marc said, if you are watching one of the prevalent news outlets, your information is being filtered through their view of politics. Maybe it has always been this way, but I just haven't paid as much attention.

Again, I am at a loss as to who supports what government actions now days. It seems to me that as soon as the orders where either from a Republican President or his administration, all concerns by "conservatives" about abuse of power, federal police and domestic spying went right out the window.

Allegiance to a specific leader and shifting standards based on who is in power (be it left or right) worry me far more than any extremist "organizations" that are supposedly out to destroy our county.

Houndoc

Race

Look back at the post. Lists "white alone" twice, once at 76%, later at 60%. And of course the math of "77% white, 42% minority" literally doesn't add up (119%), unless you are counting people like my kids in both.